Hiking Shoes

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Can anyone recommend a good set of hiking shoes in the ~$100 range?

I'm hiking katahdin again. It's about a 12 hour hike (or more) and last year I wore regular shoes. I had tiny fractures in my feet when all was said and done and messed up my feet real good.

My brother is pushing the Reebok trailgrip running shoes, but I'm not sure they're enough.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Can't say I'm impressed with merrels despite everyone in wv sucking their dick

Last edited:

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
They looked fuckin ugly to me. But thank you for the review. That solidifies it

Hate to disagree with Sir Picasso but I'm a 2000 mile a year hiker and I absolutely love my Merrell's. I have tried so many boots over the years and I can't imagine why someone would not like these. I guess we all have different feet and strides that could be a factor but they are by far the best boot I have ever used.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Hate to disagree with Sir Picasso but I'm a 2000 mile a year hiker and I absolutely love my Merrell's. I have tried so many boots over the years and I can't imagine why someone would not like these. I guess we all have different feet and strides that could be a factor but they are by far the best boot I have ever used.
Picasso claim is that you suck their dick. Affirmative or negative?

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
If I was on a mountain and bandits took my Merrells and made me suck dick to get them back, well....let's just say I would be hiking down the mountain in my boots

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I've had merrell, keen and teva, and the only ones I wouldn't buy again are the Tevas. My wife has keen and patagonia and loves them both

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
If have these (Amazon.com | Patagonia Men's P26 Mid GTX Waterproof Hiking Boot, French Roast, 13 M US | Hiking Boots) and I really like them. The goretex means I can carelessly step in water and they've held up fairly well. Can't say I'm an avid hiker but they got some decent use hiking in the forests of Ohio. I prefer having a boot instead of shoe since it is so easy to roll your ankle stepping on roots. However it looks like mine aren't in production anymore and I think they were more like $150 so my recommendation sucks.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
If you wanna save a few bucks REI brand hiking boots are great and made by merrel I believe. I used a pair for 8 years before I finally blew em up.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If I was on a mountain and bandits took my Merrells and made me suck dick to get them back, well....let's just say I would be hiking down the mountain in my boots
Particular pair youd recommend?

This is a 12 mile hike up 5500 feet. Some pretty Rocky terrain. Don't need water proofing although if it's there I won't turn it down.

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
All good suggestions so far

All better than me wearing Reebok realflex orange shoes to mountain climb

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I'm kind of off the hiking boot thing. Trail running shoes are where it's at. They're lighter, and really, the "support" hiking boots/shoes give you isn't really noticeable.

Replaced my Merrell's with Salomon trail runners.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I'm kind of off the hiking boot thing. Trail running shoes are where it's at. They're lighter, and really, the "support" hiking boots/shoes give you isn't really noticeable.

Replaced my Merrell's with Salomon trail runners.

agreed I didn't replace my boots when they wore out, I just wear trail runners now.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
As long as the cushion is there in some way. Katahdin is all giant rocks. At the end of the hike every time I took a step it felt like my foot was breaking

Pemulis

Not Woke
<Bronze Donator>
I have the ones Blazin linked in gray, and I'd definitely buy them again. Trail runners are low tops, so you're not going to get ankle support (which it sounds like you'd want in that kind of terrain).