History of FoH

Fadaar

That guy
I think I started playing EQ because some guys I was friends with from the official Total Annihilation (now there's an old game reference for you) forums planned on playing it, so I tagged along. Somehow found Noows and don't remember if I registered on there or not, pretty sure I never posted if I did. Then registered here some time in early/mid 2002 (April I think?) and been active ever since. I played on Tunare from classic EQ up until uh.... whatever expansion(s) came out in 2005. First character was a wizard, but I deleted him like a fucktard. EQ random name generator is where the name Fadaar was born. I was only like 13 so not being a fucktard was not my strong suit. Next made a warrior which I really enjoyed but I decided to dick around with hex editing active programs and jacked my movement speed up and ran all around Velious like a fucktard. Got banned. Came back a year or two later when an RL friend quit playing, he let me have his account and I was able to do a straight 1 for 1 plat swap with someone from the server he played on (Luclin) for money on Tunare. Played a magician until some time in 2005 when I quit playing EQ and started playing WoW the end of that year.

That Noah guy and Req ran their mouths off on their EQ2 website and that dude acted like he was Furor reborn.

All talk, no world firsts.

^^ sadly, this.Noah and his crew knew how to create an uber guild atmosphere without the uberguild results. Guilds like Ne Plus Ultra easily -- I mean easily -- beat them. I enjoyed my time! But I highly doubt eq2 FoH was even in top 10 ww. It just wasn't working,l which is why I eventually guildhopped to Elkay's Tyrants then ul;timately Defiance. The leadership was equally unpleasant, but at least we were in top 10 ww.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
Some of those eq2 encounters were pretty damn cool. It could have been a great game but unfortunately WoW was sucking up all the players. I always thought the Pumpkin Headed Horseman was just cool.

My view of eq2 is, if you played it at the top level, it worked. Otherwise, it was kind of a shallow "do this quest earn this reward" game.

Emerald Halls was a 2-day raid. And you could not camp everyone out or you lost the instance. eq2 had its good points, lots of good points. But why oh why did they have to go with the double class system? It is hard enough to balance a single list of classes. But those morons went for tryiong to balance and offset two distinct class sets.

Vedette

<Donor>
Some of those eq2 encounters were pretty damn cool. It could have been a great game but unfortunately WoW was sucking up all the players. I always thought the Pumpkin Headed Horseman was just cool.

My view of eq2 is, if you played it at the top level, it worked. Otherwise, it was kind of a shallow "do this quest earn this reward" game.

Emerald Halls was a 2-day raid. And you could not camp everyone out or you lost the instance. eq2 had its good points, lots of good points. But why oh why did they have to go with the double class system? It is hard enough to balance a single list of classes. But those morons went for tryiong to balance and offset two distinct class sets.

It was nintendo hard on release. I talked a buddy into playing EQ2 instead of WoW. We lasted till around level 20, and left for barrens chat.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
That's pretty much how I remember it. In the early days of EQ2 they were the top guild on Permafrost. Triton started on that server also, but there was some drama about them using the Triton name because only a few EQ Triton members were actually in the guild. They ended up changing the name to Atrocity I think. Was kinda fun to see FoH and "Triton" compete for shit though in those early days. Iconoclast ended up leapfrogging past FoH at some point as the "top" guild for awhile. We ended up unlocking the Frogloks. EQ2 had a lot of player retention issues, especially early on, which was a shame. There were a lot of great things about that game. It just launched with too many issues, which made it super tempting for players to jump ship for WoW. I think retention issues ended up killing FoH in EQ2 and they disbanded

What little interaction I had with Noah and FoH was always positive. Friendly rivalry stuff. I think there was some bad blood type drama between them and Triton, but I think all that died when Triton disbanded.
Same reason Llod and I didnt use LoS as our guild name on Mistmoore and just named it Ardent Legion. Was a few of us but we wanted to make our own name so that LoS was associated with EQ1 and leave it at that.

Was still kind of funny that we got pretty much every ww 1st raid kill in EQ2 and the other LoS group that went to WoW ended up being the first ww to legit kill Onyxia (ie no Korean sploits). Noah I didnt even know who he was until one day one of my guildmates is telling me some leader of EQ2 FoH has post on their website talking shit about us, then it was on like Donkey Kong....his epeen envy was real.....when we ww 1st the to speak as a Dragon thing iirc we all linked him the items so he could stfu.

• 1Like

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It was nintendo hard on release. I talked a buddy into playing EQ2 instead of WoW. We lasted till around level 20, and left for barrens chat.
Eh, no.

I played WoW from Friends and family days and EQ2 in beta all the way past launch etc as well.

Both games were stupidly easy with groups unless you Leeroy'd the dungeons on purpose. Eq2 was actually a shit ton harder to level early on because it wasn't until awhile after launch that they changed the overland non-dungeon mobs to be soloable, before that they were all ^^^ heroic shit and you were fucked if you didn't have a group...good luck in pickup groups where the xp loss was significant back then when you died. EQ2 quests in those days gave like 1/100 of what the equivalent level ones in WoW gave....you had to grind for hours to level decently. It wasn't harder because it was better but because of its shit design, but it is what it is.

I think guys who were soloing on our server never even made it to level 30 before we hit 50 because of this. They also had long drawn out quests just to progress to new zones and they removed those later on, but you used to have to get keyed just like PoP in EQ1 to go to fucking normal zones like Permafrost, Enchanted Lands, Feerott etc. Luckily for me I had a static group from like lvl 5 onward so I didn't have to worry about that, but at least in WoW you had the option to go solo. WoW was the far superior game but far easier to level.

Horde with no fear ward for Onyxia was hard mode I guess though.

Lenardo

Vyemm Raider
AHH memories of EQ1. Loved that game.

I started on the nameless in 99? Monk. Joined a few guilds, ran monkly business for several years....fun times without YouTube and instances.. spending 14 hrs learning a fight on a saturday in TOV no voice chat.... The first dragon was hard. Forget it's name. Tag teaming with LOS (hi genjiro) for first AOW kill by charming Giants and dying 6 times or so. Etc. Think I had an account on noows, been here since. Due to being on the nameless got into f&f alpha for wow (monk in guild I helped alot ended up being a blizzard employee- art dept....go figure)

• 1Like

Vedette

<Donor>
Eh, no.

I played WoW from Friends and family days and EQ2 in beta all the way past launch etc as well.

Both games were stupidly easy with groups unless you Leeroy'd the dungeons on purpose. Eq2 was actually a shit ton harder to level early on because it wasn't until awhile after launch that they changed the overland non-dungeon mobs to be soloable, before that they were all ^^^ heroic shit and you were fucked if you didn't have a group...good luck in pickup groups where the xp loss was significant back then when you died. EQ2 quests in those days gave like 1/100 of what the equivalent level ones in WoW gave....you had to grind for hours to level decently. It wasn't harder because it was better but because of its shit design, but it is what it is.

I think guys who were soloing on our server never even made it to level 30 before we hit 50 because of this. They also had long drawn out quests just to progress to new zones and they removed those later on, but you used to have to get keyed just like PoP in EQ1 to go to fucking normal zones like Permafrost, Enchanted Lands, Feerott etc. Luckily for me I had a static group from like lvl 5 onward so I didn't have to worry about that, but at least in WoW you had the option to go solo. WoW was the far superior game but far easier to level.

Horde with no fear ward for Onyxia was hard mode I guess though.

Right, most of us didn't have a static group to level up with.

Genjiro

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I started on the nameless in 99? Monk. Joined a few guilds, ran monkly business for several years....fun times without YouTube and instances.. spending 14 hrs learning a fight on a saturday in TOV no voice chat.... The first dragon was hard. Forget it's name. Tag teaming with LOS (hi genjiro) for first AOW kill by charming Giants and dying 6 times or so. Etc. Think I had an account on noows, been here since. Due to being on the nameless got into f&f alpha for wow (monk in guild I helped alot ended up being a blizzard employee- art dept....go figure)
I didnt know you had one of the Blizz crew in SoS. I didnt care for pretty much all of them.

Pardo was kind of a dick (and pretended to be a girl forever to most everyone....), Tigole was cool but spent his time cybering girls and never really did anything in game, Thatia was soooo bad. I think only Daelomin was any good from the Blizz crew.

Correct me if I am wrong, but I think in eq2 it was normal for a single guild to have its server on lockdown. I remember being in Defiance, and we were killing Mutagenic outcast (to cite one example) even though absolutely no one needed its loots. It was all just a matter of timers and spawn windows. I distinctly remember, if another guild showed up in actual force, we would let them have a try -- charm effects were cast, etc, and then the inevitable wipe. Then we would kill, and link loot before destroying it.

Then we moved to a "hey lets sell this stuff mode" since the corpses lasted so long. Made a LOT of plat, since guild split plat at month end based on attendance.

I am still torn whether it was a dick move to kill contested we did not need, or just part of "the game," as Avon Barksdale might say. We did always give gathered in force competitors first shot. Not our fault they could not execute. Having said that, this *is* dickish. NPU, such douchebags. But funny!

Last edited:

kudos

<Banned>
Karana server did not have a lockdown for 90% of the time due to a rotation. It wasn't until one guild decided fuck it and start actively camping spawns in SoL did things start to change. They quickly got ran off the server around PoP after they woke the Sleeper.

Merauk

Lord Nagafen Raider
Behemoth and Xate are good peeps.

Both are known homosexuals and Nazi sympathizers. I am the greatest for having been the only person to be in both AL and FOH.

PS Cyb shave your beard

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Friday

Lord Nagafen Raider
Correct me if I am wrong, but I think in eq2 it was normal for a single guild to have its server on lockdown. I remember being in Defiance, and we were killing Mutagenic outcast (to cite one example) even though absolutely no one needed its loots. It was all just a matter of timers and spawn windows. I distinctly remember, if another guild showed up in actual force, we would let them have a try -- charm effects were cast, etc, and then the inevitable wipe. Then we would kill, and link loot before destroying it.

Then we moved to a "hey lets sell this stuff mode" since the corpses lasted so long. Made a LOT of plat, since guild split plat at month end based on attendance.

I am still torn whether it was a dick move to kill contested we did not need, or just part of "the game," as Avon Barksdale might say. We did always give gathered in force competitors first shot. Not our fault they could not execute. Having said that, this *is* dickish. NPU, such douchebags. But funny!

One day a week we would go and kill all the old raid bosses and sell the loot. We'd do like five or six maybe more in one night. One of the coolest things in Defiance was the plat split at the end of the month. Based on your attendance for the previous month you'd get paid, sometimes a shit load of plat, to just show up. I definately had more plat than I knew what to do with by the time I quit.

• 1Solidarity

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm

/join serverwide.feigned

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Cybsled

Wtf, a wild Rauk sighting. I haven't seen you since you quit the guild in WoW after we merged with Drow. Although I think we played a couple games of Worms Reloaded with Srot and Xate on Steam like 10 years ago lol.

Btw, on a side note, I found out Tyrani died a couple years ago :(

Noble Savage

Kang of Kangz
<Bronze Donator>

Played a monk starting in Velious, Monkly Business was my #1 goto EQ site. Thanks for your contribution to the EQ community.