History of FoH

Kuro

Naxxramas 1.0 Raider
I've been posting one liners for almost two decades.

Started wow with FOH when they were doing random recruitment in the EQ=>WoW transition, but left shortly after launch to go play with RL friends over on Illidan Alliance. It was a horrible mistake. All my EQ time in-game was on Erollisi Marr, just posting on these sites because that's where discussion with the lowest retard:normal human ratio was.

FOH forums were what got me into raiding. Before reading people talking about that shit I was completely content just durdling around.

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Arden

Blackwing Lair Raider
Yea, sure, okay. I think you met a different Nino?
The real Nino is about 5ft tall Hispanic, about 250pounds. Fat sausage fingers for days, no way he's composing anything

Lol none of those thing would prevent someone from composing music, but yeah it may very well be a different Nino.

• 1Like
My motto during the early days
2c0478.jpg

Last edited:
  • 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Warrik

Potato del Grande
<Donor>
I've been posting here since Noows. I wasn't in FoH, but I was in Leviathan on Stormhammer with Zamtil and Krurk after their split. Fun times.

• 2Like

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
What exactly happened that caused the split between FoH? I know Myrlynn was technically guild leader originally, but furor led the raids (before 'raid leader' was a common position)? From an outsider perspective, seemed like a group split off (myrlynn, zamtil, krurk, etc..) all around the same time. Was it just friction between them and Furor?

• 2Like

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
What exactly happened that caused the split between FoH? I know Myrlynn was technically guild leader originally, but furor led the raids (before 'raid leader' was a common position)? From an outsider perspective, seemed like a group split off (myrlynn, zamtil, krurk, etc..) all around the same time. Was it just friction between them and Furor?

From what I personally remember it was mostly that WOW wasn't EQ, Furor joining Blizzard, and the general populace of the guild either growing up or being overshadowed by the quantity of other successful guilds leaving FoH as a skeleton with some of the strongest internet forum drama of the last 20 years. It wasn't just one thing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Keystone

Lord Nagafen Raider
Nah what he's talking about was WAY before that.. I joined FoH early Luclin and those people were all gone already. We didn't leave for WoW untill like a week into Gates of Discord when we got beta invites.

• 1Like

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Yeah, that was Velious era. I remember Furor taking a personal leave, handing things off to Krurk, then returning just before Luclin launched. From the outside looking in, it appeared that Krurk was none too happy about holding the reigns for him only to be brushed aside. But, when Furor led FOH to kill the Avatar of War (this is pre-Luclin mind you), they knew their true messiah had returned.

• 1Like

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Hah I remember that well. After the genesis of Team Ice (Elrood, Rombus and myself). I thought the Stuntazz stuff was hilarious. Who were you, and which Triton guys were you going to fight? That rules.

Did you guys play WoW under "Team Ice" as well? back in vanilla/TBC?

• 1Like

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
i sold my account and ended up buying a different account with a shadow priest (with no knowledge on actually how to play a shadow priest at the time) and i trialed for Team Ice and ultimately failed because while i knew the raids i had no idea wtf i was doing as the class. I think i raided with them for like 3 weeks and got shoveled a ton of gear.

After i moved on i actually got really good at it, sorry bros!

• 1Like
Yeah, that was Velious era. I remember Furor taking a personal leave, handing things off to Krurk, then returning just before Luclin launched. From the outside looking in, it appeared that Krurk was none too happy about holding the reigns for him only to be brushed aside. But, when Furor led FOH to kill the Avatar of War (this is pre-Luclin mind you), they knew their true messiah had returned.

Frozen Jesus just did not deliver ultimately. What was issue? Charm made him a massive overcon? No mitigation? Always wondered why an un-nerfed DC giant couldn't hold his own

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hah I remember that well. After the genesis of Team Ice (Elrood, Rombus and myself). I thought the Stuntazz stuff was hilarious. Who were you, and which Triton guys were you going to fight? That rules.

As far as FoH I remember going to the board before Noows and talking about Veeshan's Peak stuff. Amazing I have a hard time remembering stuff in general, but I remember shit that happened in EQ 18 years ago clear as a bell.

IIRC, it was Zaar himself and a couple others who wanted to rumble.

We told them we would be rolling up like this:

rhsword3.jpg
rhsword2.jpg

From what I remember we arranged a time and date, they were pissed because it was all the way across the city from where they lived and we never showed up. The Triton guys were like 20 - 25 at the time, and we were 15.

Just remembered this bit. Zaar worked at a mall phone kiosk at the time.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Shmoopy

Golden Baronet of the Realm

This is amusing:

When Blizzzard hired him to be a quest writer I figured they had lost their minds. I seriously wondered how an avowed power gamer who seemingly cared little for “quests” and the plight of casual gamers had any qualifications to be a quest designer.

Even MMO impresario Brad McQuaid was so impressed with Furor’s uberness that he had expressed interest in hiring him to work on his Vanguard MMO. Just think… Alex would probably be designing children’s quests in Free Realms right now (as many ex-Sigil employees ended up back at SOE working on Free Realms) if he had joined Brad and company on their ill-fated voyage.

• 1Worf

Enzee

Trakanon Raider
ah.. and this post made me realize it's two different splits even *I* was talking about. Myrlynn/zamtil left before Velious ever came out. I had lumped the name 'krurk' in with that split, but his was later. Myrlynn briefly checked out SolRo. I only know this as I grouped with him a few times while he was talking with our resident top guild, and it was either right before or right after Kunark came out.

• 1Like

James

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
The real Nino is about 5ft tall Hispanic, about 250pounds. Fat sausage fingers for days, no way he's composing anything

Err? The real Nino is a middle aged white guy that's thin as a rail, dunno who you're talking about.

• 2Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
yeah but did Sean fuck big booty hoes at SoE Live with the rest of FoH?

rhetorical question, we all know he was smashing his salami to loli anime girls