History of FoH

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Little known fact: My monk had the biggest scrotum across all servers.

EQ1 fights pretty much all followed the same pattern: Find the safe spots to dodge AOEs/hide your healers and squishies, figure out the tank swaps, deal with the x-factor (knockback, poisons, mana drains, etc). The strategy usually was much harder to crack than the actual execution requirements, which is why every guild kept that shit as close to the chest as possible.

If you look at it with unclouded vision, Mythic raids in WoW or Ultimate raids in FFXIV are much harder than anything we had to deal with in EQ1, primarily because flawless execution on the shoulders of everyone matters. In EQ1, it was more macro level: Make sure X% of your raid doesn't die, but that ratio could be fucked with it you zerged the boss. I remember in Planes of Power, we teamed up with a bunch of other guilds and ultra zerged Rallos Zek just so we could get into the elemental planes faster. No joke, we probably had like 120-150 people in there. Shit was a slideshow, I had to stare at the floor the entire time and even then I was getting like 1/4th a frame a second, if that lol
Umm, dude. Quellious? To fuck Lotus Cult? YUH.
4ypasd.jpg

Last edited:

Mudcrush Durtfeet

Hungry Ogre
Monq ?

One guy I'd fangirl over if he were still around: Manalope. He was funny af and was a damn good player. He had rings and magic amulets out the wazoo! (remember that article?)

Shadowspear was a legend too. Fijian roomate! Dear God I can't believe it has been TWENTY YEARS ago!
Monq was good. I think Genj is talking about Arlos. Manalope had skills.

Shadowspear was a legend because he pushed retard to the next level and then beyond.

• 1Dislike
Reactions: 1 user

Lunis

Blackwing Lair Raider
My introduction to FoH was actually an article written by Oloh(sp?) about Vanguard around 2005. You guys remember Oloh? I think he was a lawyer who worked either for SoE or Sigil at the time. I was looking up info on the game cuz some old EQ players in my wow guild would talk about it.

Found the Vanguard thread on the first FoH site and got to see Brad McQuaid's almost daily 10-paragraph posts in it. I wish someone had backed up the old site so I could go back to read some of it.

What cemented my love for this board was the Millie guy pretending to be a girl for years on here.

• 1Like
Furor told me monks don’t deserve high
AC for wearing dragon foreskin armor lol

Nah, Cazic Thule
That RZTW encounter apparently broke the old system on multiple servers then. Because it was this that caused the implementation of the new 72 person raid system.

I would love if someone had a screesnhot of a RZ zerg. Hundreds. Not "oh, about a hundred." No. The ability to nab that flag, and fucking up the cockblock and letting even a few casual scum into plane of time, was something that happened all of a sudden. We had 3 main guilds. One of which was arch enemies with us.

But nothing solidifies the opposition like a cockblck.

Raids were diff pre-72 person raid mechanics. No raid channel. Try to commandeer /shout if too many guilds.

I think the FoH story is, there are the pace setters, and then there are all the guilds that tried to match that pace and approach in some way. Those guilds then owned their respective servers. But the people who gather here, I am assuming, are either FoH or FoH adjunct, or who played another game with someone from FoH, or were following certain shared basic efficiencies that accomplished the same goals.

kill stuff ded fast and first

Cybsled

I quit EQ mid-PoP, so I never saw the raid cap. Our guild (Element of Darkness) died due to poaching (FoH and Afterlife poached some key players), people moving to other games, and core players not wanting to deal with yet another rebuild. Then I was rejected from other guilds due to, and I quote, “war crimes”. LOL. So I said fuck it and quit the game.

Some of the core players had some quasi reforms into a guild in Shadowbane, City of Heroes, and lastly WoW in Vanilla. That is how I ended up on alliance...all the asslings wanted to role gnome and dwarf, so I abandoned my horde character and rerolled on their server

• 1Cringe
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Umm, dude. Quellious? To fuck Lotus Cult? YUH.
View attachment 336176
I haven't heard Lotus Cult in a long ass time.

I thought there was a guild on Quellious whose name started with "M" that was up there too, but it's been so fucking long now.

Does Alex/Furor have any association with FOH at all anymore?
With FOH the forum? I'm pretty sure he doesn't, and for some reason I thought he had told people in IRC to let the forums die after the Req/Tyen fiasco.

He was probably right, LOL

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users
When the once mighty Roman Church split in two, and kept fragmenting, and Byzantine, a strange land, claimed right, did they quit?

No.

Should they have?

Yes.

Screenshot_2021-02-19 ABORTION FUROR SPLITS CATHOLICS, RAISES QUESTIONS OVER CHURCH ROLE.png

• 2WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Drajakur

Molten Core Raider
I haven't heard Lotus Cult in a long ass time.

I thought there was a guild on Quellious whose name started with "M" that was up there too, but it's been so fucking long now.

With FOH the forum? I'm pretty sure he doesn't, and for some reason I thought he had told people in IRC to let the forums die after the Req/Tyen fiasco.

He was probably right, LOL
You are probably thinking of Vis Maior? Quellious represent! Them and Lotus Cult were kind of the 1-2 as far as I remember. I was in one of the "support" guilds and would sometimes raid Fear with them.

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
You are probably thinking of Vis Maior? Quellious represent! Them and Lotus Cult were kind of the 1-2 as far as I remember. I was in one of the "support" guilds and would sometimes raid Fear with them.
Yah, that was them.

EDIT: oh shit, do you remember ORQ? I think it was "Organized Raiders of Quelliuos" or something like that.

• 1Like
Wraith/Rev. Two guild (wraith was pretty mandatory raiding, rev was come as you please, shared dkp system).

We destroyed VM, then we destroyed LC.

The true test of a Quellious veteran: "The Darkoor Mistell"

• 1Like

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Wraith/Rev. Two guild (wraith was pretty mandatory raiding, rev was come as you please, shared dkp system).

We destroyed VM, then we destroyed LC.

The true test of a Quellious veteran: "The Darkoor Mistell"
Hold up. I had forgotten about this one. Oh, and Utnayan Utnayan ROFL

I have a story on the other end of the spectrum.

Since I started EQ1 kind of late (on Quellious), all the people I knew RL who played were already max level and playing around in their respective guilds and those guilds weren't about to take a lvl 1. Fortunately we all played at a LAN store so I was at least able to ask questions of people around me, and they got me started and into the game. But outside the occasional group, they were usually busy with their guilds and I was pretty much left to level to whatever the max cap was at the time (I don't even remember) so I could app to their guilds. And they had me start a War (/wrists).

I was having snakes kick the shit out of me when I met a couple of people outside of Oggok, talked to them for a while, and they tossed me an invite. Mind you this was my first MMO right off the bat, and I was just happy to have people to group with. I didn't know that I was going to have a guild tag that would in some ways be a badge of shame, or that the guild leader happened to be someone that was one of the favorite flame targets (particularly on the boards like Quellious collective). That person was Leerah, and the guild, was Unholy Czars.

I was completely oblivious at the time, and I met a number of good people, but I kind of felt like I should have been awarded a special title for coming up in that guild, which had only a handful of active members at a time and the rest were inactive or alts. This on a Warrior mind you, when there were little to no low level groups at all. I can still remember telling my RL friends who had just got me started playing that I had joined that guild. Looks were exchanged, and a couple people broke out laughing. They quickly informed me that A) Leerah was some sort of champion server drama magnet, B) I needed to level and GTFO out of that guild as quickly as humanly possible. To be fair to Leerah, she was a very nice person, but as time went on I started seeing all the fucking drama and thinking "holy shit". I did eventually leave and went to go play with friends once I did get leveled (was the plan all along) but when I look back I cant help but shake my had at how absurd a lot of it was.

I didn't have much luck right now with Quellious Collective, I'll try searching there later, but then I saw this thread...dated Feb 2013. I she has changed servers (probably multiple times) but...just lol. This seems pretty tame compared to a lot of the old stuff though, but she's still at it it seems.

It was so weird to be like, hey, this guild brought me in and I met truly nice people, but then I'd see a fuckton of weird drama break out in chat involving the same guildmates and make this face:

3Tqa.gif

http://forums.station.sony.com/eq/in...-in-game.3988/

Take it for what was reported instead of trying to make this about the source.

Yeah, I'm a carebear and proud of it. Every person who is griefed diminishes the community. I don't know why that is so hard for you guys to grasp.

The original owner of Retrievil was in my guild.We changed your baby necro diapers. You were raised to be kind to others. I recruited you to EIE and then you got all snotty and snarky. You were not brought up this way!

I went by the name of Guide Taldayan on the Quellious server. I remember that name, which wouldn't be good.View attachment 58658

Hilarious.

View attachment 58257

• 1Like
  • 1Mother of God
  • 1Splash the Pot
Reactions: 2 users

Bandwagon

Kolohe
<Silver Donator>
Whatever happened to Coffe & TV, Britney and Jason Riviera? Didn't they go start a different forum around 2005 or something?

Nester

Vyemm Raider

Quellious represent !

I was in LC back in the day. Quit during SOL to go to SZ.
before that i was an O in the feeder guild Crush and Swill Guild !

You are right, Vis was top dog during that time, but LC closed the gap.

Nester

Vyemm Raider
Yah, that was them.

EDIT: oh shit, do you remember ORQ? I think it was "Organized Raiders of Quelliuos" or something like that.

ORQ

Wasn't that lead by the Bard lady Alyssandra or something.

Fucking Nostalgia wave OMG.