History of FoH

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Random memory: On day 2 or 3 of launch I cast blind on the ambassador through his window and trained him and everything else to the zone in. It took something like 45 minutes before the train dispersed from all the people going in and dying.

It wasn't really my intention. Most mobs were only social with their own kind, I thought...

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Is Afterlife or Triton's WoW guilds still around? during Burning crusade i raided with all the Triton folks (fairly certain Kaplan was there too) but i left when i moved to Hawaii and couldn't make raid times.

For the post before yours by Korrupt Korrupt Thott (Aftathott - Bard) was AL's leader in the hay day.

I was on Mith Marr and played with some of the folks in groups before they would take off raiding. Some good people. A few left EQ when DAOC came out and we all went to make Mid's on Bedevere in a guild called Defenders of Midgard - where we proceeded to dominate in PvP for the 3 months anyone stuck around until realizing the entire end game wasn't functioning and Baf'ing trows in Spindehalla without anything post 35 having a loot table became unfun. (Keeps didn't work either).

I remember my spiritmaster's dex debuffs rendering mobs completely unable to hit us, reporting it to Mythic, and watching them do nothing for months then made it a bannable offense out of no where rather than fixing the issue (Two stackable dexterity debuffs.... was a hell of a bug)

Kreugen Kreugen could probably write a book about FOH since he was a senior officer.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
I was only really an officer for just being around for so long. I didn't ask for it and I didn't do anything with it. The time I had available to play the game, I spent playing the game.

It helped that all the other paladins we ever had liked to play for 160 hours in a week and drop dead.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
For the post before yours by Korrupt Korrupt Thott (Aftathott - Bard) was AL's leader in the hay day.

I was on Mith Marr and played with some of the folks in groups before they would take off raiding. Some good people. A few left EQ when DAOC came out and we all went to make Mid's on Bedevere in a guild called Defenders of Midgard - where we proceeded to dominate in PvP for the 3 months anyone stuck around until realizing the entire end game wasn't functioning and Baf'ing trows in Spindehalla without anything post 35 having a loot table became unfun. (Keeps didn't work either).

I remember my spiritmaster's dex debuffs rendering mobs completely unable to hit us, reporting it to Mythic, and watching them do nothing for months then made it a bannable offense out of no where rather than fixing the issue (Two stackable dexterity debuffs.... was a hell of a bug)

Kreugen Kreugen could probably write a book about FOH since he was a senior officer.

Yeah he was super well known and popular even during Rift which was so many years later.

Also /join overlord, was a lot of good tanks in that channel back when.

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Yeah he was super well known and popular even during Rift which was so many years later.

Yeah :) He also made Cosmos which was a very good mod back in the day of Vanilla/Beta WoW.

• 1Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Was the same homies who were on our server in Rift and were real salty about us getting dem firsts. Im pretty sure you remember that release and good times. Their guildleader had a really recognizable name, they were pretty popular in EQ.

What was their warrior tanks name that we made fun of endlessly until he snapped? Fuck that was hilarious.

• 2Like

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
What was their warrior tanks name that we made fun of endlessly until he snapped? Fuck that was hilarious.

Forgot his name but I have the screenshots at home of him wigging out I saved. As is tradition from emotional MMO raiders after a race, he sent death threats and all kinds of shit from his command base in his grandmas basement.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
No clue but I got to get loot from them in MC from the AQ contest they held! Wrath legs baby

• 2Like

Korzax Stonehammer

Blackwing Lair Raider
One of my favorite memories on Veeshan was rolling up to Upper Guk zone line in Inno Swamp and seeing 2 Ogres blocking the entrance.

Sorry, Guk's closed, only FoH members allowed in.

We used to do that in solb, but stop people getting out, so they would all die to the eventual trains. fun times.

• 2Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I played on Veeshan and was also a mega scrub, but didn't Celestial Tomb give FoH a run like really early? Or was that just in my head? Favorite moment on server may be me + about 6 friends in Unnatural Selection vs. Herzog right after he got his epics.
This is where someone inserts the Furor "oh my god" Celestial Tomb POF disaster. No they did not remotely give us a run for our money early on.

• 2Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
I was a guide on Veeshan and all the shittalking they did to Celestial Tomb was unwarranted. CT were nice people compared to some members in FoH.
Think it really went both ways. Xanupox is what made CT a shithole. They did have a bunch of cool people. STPOOMS never got old.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Most of the early feuds were actually with asian based guilds that couldn't (or wouldn't) speak a lick of english. And that was a mutual PK fest - such as using invisible ogres to wall them inside a train...

Almost every malicious experience I had in early EQ involved those guys.

The biggest one quit after they got suspended for getting Vox stuck in a wall. It was months before another guild was remotely relevant on Veeshan.
The Mithril Order or someshit right? Dark(?) was an amazingly funny/fun asian guild.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Wonder what happened to Modulus (enchanter). Dude was $$. He had just joined or was a trial or something and we were doing basement in Karnors with furor/alloria and some others. Furor runs off for like 5mins then announces to the party "lol inc". I have no clue how many mobs were in that fucking room but it was skeletons and drovolgs as far as the eye could see and Mod handled all that shit. Hes probably some 5 star chef somewhere now as I think he was doing all sorts of culinary schooling overseas etc..

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
This is where someone inserts the Furor "oh my god" Celestial Tomb POF disaster. No they did not remotely give us a run for our money early on.

I still remember preping our raid after a server reset, furor (kartak) wasnt there for some reason I dont recall, for fear and CT was forming. I was in a rush to get inside and broken in. During our prep I explained I would be doing the training around the hill while the raid setup.

A GM had been called by CT before we even zoned in and the GM was watching our chat. I ate a 2 week suspension for saying I was going to "train" even though it was clear I was not intending to train anyway. Anyway messaged our buddy brad and he got the gm to lift the suspension the next day.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Tearofsoul

Ancient MMO noob

Thats right, Both Afterlife and Triton are still around. AL didn't make any significant achievement in other MMOs after EQ. Triton is still going strong in EQ

• 2Like

Needless

Toe Sucker
I only recall Sean cybering some dude he thought was a girl and then going MIA for a good while after it came out.

HAHAHAHA I legit went to edit: "other than Sean that thorny vine wearing weeb fuck" but figured i shouldnt

Full on assumed either Sean or Brittney lmao

• 1Like