History of FoH

Rod-138

Trakanon Raider
I played on Veeshan and was also a mega scrub, but didn't Celestial Tomb give FoH a run like really early? Or was that just in my head? Favorite moment on server may be me + about 6 friends in Unnatural Selection vs. Herzog right after he got his epics.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

PatrickStar

Trakanon Raider
FoH origins would make a fascinating Ancient Aliens episode.

"The evidence clearly shows that on the 14th day the heavens opened up and Smedley himself stepped down from his pile of cash and granted every wish of the Fires of Heavens tribe and their leader, a chieftain known as Furor Planesdefiler, as he ascended to the stars above. Why won't modern day MMORPG historians acknowledge this fact?"

Last edited:
  • 7Like
Reactions: 6 users

Nola

Trakanon Raider
Still remember the time when Ghar trained all those dragons into Order of the Phoenix at the Temple of Veeshan. Shit was crazy.

• 1Like

Kuriin

Just a Nurse
I was a guide on Veeshan and all the shittalking they did to Celestial Tomb was unwarranted. CT were nice people compared to some members in FoH.

• 2Like
  • 1Worf
  • 1EyeRoll
Reactions: 3 users

Fight

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I have written about this many times, but Celestial Tomb were the kids in school that got bullied till they hit a breaking point and basically snapped. Xanupox did some dastardly shit, but you are a fool if you think he did it unprovoked. CT were the dogs under the table that occasionally got a scrap that fell off the table of FOH gluttony. They would monopolize entire expansions until every member and their 3rd alt had whatever the fuck they wanted.

FOH created such an elitist bottle neck at the top of the server, that all the left overs got crammed into CT. It was a revolving door of people in and out of the guild. Leadership at that time thought numbers (zergs) were the answer to competing with FOH and there were plenty of zerg's to scoop up. CT spent almost entire year in the Plane of Growth gearing up it's zergs, because FOH wouldn't let us into Temple of Veeshan. Then, we spent an entire year in ToV, while FOH raped the Luclin expansion. It was so mind numbing, that the guild must have turned over 3x's. Drama like Mecha-Cazic, the Airforce parachuting down on Krurk's roof, and the Cleric Epic stealing were all happening during this time.

Let's get one thing straight though. FOH was the "best" because they had the "best" poopsocking-neckbeards, most likely living at home on disability. Success in EQ came down to one thing, time. When you have basically given up on life and can live in Norrath 24 hours a day, you are probably going to be the "best".

• 13Like
  • 6Worf
  • 4Solidarity
Reactions: 22 users

Korrupt

Blackwing Lair Raider
The Afterlife you guys mentioned, was it on Mithaniel Mar server?

Was the same homies who were on our server in Rift and were real salty about us getting dem firsts. Im pretty sure you remember that release and good times. Their guildleader had a really recognizable name, they were pretty popular in EQ.

• 1Like

Sumdain x

Trakanon Raider
Is Afterlife or Triton's WoW guilds still around? during Burning crusade i raided with all the Triton folks (fairly certain Kaplan was there too) but i left when i moved to Hawaii and couldn't make raid times.

• 1Like

Elderan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Let's get one thing straight though. FOH was the "best" because they had the "best" poopsocking-neckbeards, most likely living at home on disability. Success in EQ came down to one thing, time. When you have basically given up on life and can live in Norrath 24 hours a day, you are probably going to be the "best".

This is partly true. FoH had one big advantage as our average guild age was higher than most. We had many people who played from work which was unique back in the day. They could respond at a moments notice to mobs spawning. I personally was in grad school at the time. I would get out of class and log in at 3-4pm and log out at 2-3am every day.

I admit, we were as brutal as you could be on a pve server when it came to protecting our mobs. I remember in classic a GM telling us we had to let CT try Vox because they were formed and ready to engage. We did our best to put pressure on them which led to them rushing and then wiping. We then ran in and killed it.

I don't recall ANYONE killing a dragon besides us (foh) until late kunark. I ended my days towards the end of Velious so cannot say after that but we were dedicated none the less.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
The design of the game was very deceptive in that there was actually very little content to share at any given level range, and it was narrowest at the top. The people who got there first had no reason to share and your constant bitching about it to us was never going to get you anywhere. If your application to [server dominant guild] was rejected, you should have expressed your concerns to SOE and quit giving them your money.

There's only one prom queen every year and she can only hold so many dicks.

PS: At the time of EQ I worked in a restaurant and my boss was a gamer I met playing Doom. I worked whatever schedule I wanted. Guess how often I took a tuesday shift?

• 9Like
Reactions: 8 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Who else even competed as high end raid guilds on veeshan back then lol

i can't remember when cestus dei/circle of eternity started being top guilds

• 1Like

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
People who weren't playing at that period probably aren't aware that poopsocking didn't even exist - there was no variable respawn time. We logged in after server maintenance and killed everything, then pissed off for a week.

And other guilds DID get to try at whatever raid we weren't at, frequently. But a pile of corpses doesn't have any claim to a dragon.

FFS, we even used to wait until guilds made an attempt just because they had a few groups there ahead of us. Except it would take another five fucking hours before they would take ONE shot.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Evernothing

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
6vdxwJK.jpg

aullre.png

Lori begins to cast 'Allure of Death''

Lori feels her health begin to drain away.

Lori looks sick.

• 8Worf
  • 5Like
Reactions: 12 users

Evernothing

Late Luclin and PoP is when I remember PD/CD/PoE/Valhall etc actually killing shit.

There was another short lived one in PoP....Legion or something?

• 1Like

Evernothing

One of my favorite memories on Veeshan was rolling up to Upper Guk zone line in Inno Swamp and seeing 2 Ogres blocking the entrance.

Sorry, Guk's closed, only FoH members allowed in.

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Kreugen

Vyemm Raider
Most of the early feuds were actually with asian based guilds that couldn't (or wouldn't) speak a lick of english. And that was a mutual PK fest - such as using invisible ogres to wall them inside a train...

Almost every malicious experience I had in early EQ involved those guys.

The biggest one quit after they got suspended for getting Vox stuck in a wall. It was months before another guild was remotely relevant on Veeshan.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Needless

Toe Sucker
Late Luclin and PoP is when I remember PD/CD/PoE/Valhall etc actually killing shit.

There was another short lived one in PoP....Legion or something?

Fiends? they were the best guild to watch hahaha, i loved those dudes

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users