Hogwarts Legacy

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
So I'm stuck, and I feel like the answer is probably obvious?

I was about to go with Fig to the Restricted Library before being interrupted by Black. Fig said he'd contact me later.

I've got no side quests remaining and have just been running all around the castle trying to find anything to do. I think I've got 6 crests or whatever for the House Chest to go, and like 13 field guides remaining. Hopefully I don't have to finish either of those to progress, as they require really scouring the entire castle.

Anyone know what I'm missing?
Hmm. You are right where I ended last night. I am probably in the same boat.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
So I'm stuck, and I feel like the answer is probably obvious?

I was about to go with Fig to the Restricted Library before being interrupted by Black. Fig said he'd contact me later.

I've got no side quests remaining and have just been running all around the castle trying to find anything to do. I think I've got 6 crests or whatever for the House Chest to go, and like 13 field guides remaining. Hopefully I don't have to finish either of those to progress, as they require really scouring the entire castle.

Anyone know what I'm missing?
You should have gotten a prompt to go talk to Sebastian, as he mentioned getting into the Restricted Area a few times, but this was as a Slytherin.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ah shit, good call. Thanks, guys.

I was off wandering in Central Hogwart's Valley fighting spiders and shit (that Matriarch was tough!) trying to figure out what next.

• 1Like

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Amazon updated the delivery date of my PS5 deluxe edition to tomorrow. Weird how Amazon would have issues shipping such a big title at launch. It is really looking like this game is gonna be GTA levels of popularity and sales. Makes me wonder if some woke person working at Amazon was trying to under order this game.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Not a fan of how transmog gear takes up wearable gear slots in the inventory.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Just gotta remember to go to Hogsmeade every once in a while to sell shit. Could also just destroy it, as money seems entirely unnecessary. I haven't found any reason to buy anything.

If anyone comes across a guide for the Daedalian Keys or whatever, please post it (edit: Guess I could've just googled it, sadly it looks like you have to get new spells to get em all). I'm at 11/16, and at this point I'd rather just visit all of them in a list than run around the castle for hours hoping to hear a fluttering key.

For the last training dummy side "quest," I figured out if you're too fast, you fail, because your spells won't be off cooldown. Kind of sad that you basically have to handicap yourself to do it. And like I said before, I'd love to see Asmon fail at the dueling championship after struggling so bad at the first one. Shit, for that matter the pensieve fight that comes not much before it too.

Last edited:

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
Not a fan of how transmog gear takes up wearable gear slots in the inventory.
Working right now, but I've sold everything except exactly what I'm wearing and can still use all the appearances of the shit I've sold.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
And that's why I thought it was strange. The school isn't particularly diverse in the 90's or 2000's. But 100+ years before and suddenly it's 2023.
Wut? Feel like some of yall never actually read a book or watched a movie because Hogwarts is diverse as fuck. Rowling just presented it in a post-racial kind of way rather than following the modern day DEI checklist.

• 1Like

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Wut? Feel like some of yall never actually read a book or watched a movie because Hogwarts is diverse as fuck. Rowling just presented it in a post-racial kind of way rather than following the modern day DEI checklist.
Feel like you're missing the point that the timeline is vastly different from the books/movies.

• 1Solidarity

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Feel like you're missing the point that the timeline is vastly different from the books/movies.
I still like my theory that Voldemort killed a bunch of non-whites in Hogwarts/Britain, so that's why Hogwarts Legacy is more diverse than Harry Potter films.

• 1Cringe

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I actually don't care as much as it's not so prevalent after you've been introduced to the characters. It was just that first loop around the castle where I'm like, this is a diversity checklist.

I will say it still makes no sense. A quick search says there are anywhere between 8 and 11 schools like Hogwarts in the Harry Potter universe. The actually stupid part is that there's one in the literal city Uganda girl is from, and it's apparently the largest of all the schools. Worse is that Uganda wasn't even Uganda until the mid-1890s, meaning whoever was in charge of implementing that character was too fucking lazy to actually do research and just thought it'd be a good pigeonhole. Maybe it makes sense with her mom being invited to be a professor (although I don't think she is?), but why Hogwarts and not Uagadou? Or any of the other smaller wizarding schools that I guess exist in Africa? Why would she end up at the English speaking one located in fucking Scotland?

Edit: Tuco, this takes place in the 19th century. Predates Voldemort. Could be another "evil wizard" genocide though.

• 1Solidarity

Qhue

Tranny Chaser
Reading responses here it seems clear there is a lot of variation in terms of what happens and who says what etc. My walk to Hogsmeede didn't provide me with the same info as mentioned above.

• 2Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Edit: Tuco, this takes place in the 19th century. Predates Voldemort. Could be another "evil wizard" genocide though.
I'm saying that the world used to be diverse, strong and beautiful and then Voldemort showed up for some ethnic cleansing and now when Harry Potter goes to school it's

mcdhapo-ec030.jpg

Instead of a diversity checklist.

• 2Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
More evidence this is just for diversity and makes no sense:

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry, often shortened to Hogwarts, was a Scottish wizarding school located in the Scottish Highlands. It accepted any magical student residing in the islands of Great Britain and Ireland at the age of eleven years old at the start of the incoming term for enrolment.

Uagadou was the African wizarding school, located in the Mountains of the Moon in western Uganda. It was the largest of the eleven wizarding schools, accepting students from all over Africa.

Uagadou was founded at least a thousand years before the lifetime of Harry Potter, making it roughly the same age as Hogwarts (perhaps even older). Although a number of smaller wizarding schools could be found throughout Africa, only Uagadou stood the test of time and achieved an enviable international reputation.

They did an amazing job with including lore in this game. They got lazy on this one and it sticks out like a sore thumb. It's worse than Ryan the tranny bartender.

• 1Like

Daezuel

Potato del Grande

They did an amazing job with including lore in this game. They got lazy on this one and it sticks out like a sore thumb. It's worse than Ryan the tranny bartender.
Man what were all these amazing brave African wizards doing all these years while Africa suffered from famine, disease, warlords...

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

"Hogwarts Legacy takes places in a period when the great wizarding schools engaged in significant amounts of foreign exchange students. This practice was stopped in 1939."

• 1Worf
  • 1EyeRoll