Hogwarts Legacy

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
That's a cool detail. I was wondering why they suddenly appeared. I figured they revealed themselves due to being frightened or some other magic being broken.

I'm going to have to read the books. My wife a is a huge HP nerd and saw me playing this. Now she wants to go to Universal to do all the Harry Potter stuff.
It actually gets explained a couple hours later on your walk to Hogsmeade, but by then most people would've probably forgotten or not put the two together.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
View attachment 457747

Here's a screenshot I took for the Arithmancy doors. I find it a lot easier to just be able to alt+tab to it.
That image messes with my mind, since I've seen how those puzzles work, the 0 icon is always bottom left, and the 9 icon is always 9, with the rest going in proper order between them. Counting isn't hard. ;p

• 1Like

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
For all of the Anti-JKR hate and boycotting of the game, the actual game itself is so 2020's DEI. Hero Trans Bar owner: Magic and shit but not good enough to pass, 19th Century Wizarding Britain that looks like London 2050, etc etc.

The good news is the actual game is fun and well made. None of the DEI race stuff is truly terrible. They actually have a redhead in the game at least for the first several hours. I am struggling with combat on the Ps5 controller because A) I guess I am old B) they don't let you fight enough early on to get into a rhythm with the controls after they give you the fullish set of tools. Also, the response windows felt less than accurate; I was either pressing too soon or apparently too late. Then in the fight with the troll, when I tried locked onto the target, it would dodge-roll towards the target WTF. When it clicks in my brain, it’s i thisfun. There just needs to be more of it sooner.

Do this and it really helps with controls and response times.

For ps5 controller settings it makes a WORLD of difference.

Aim and camera acceleration set both to 0
Camera sensitivity set to 2
Camera follow speed set to 0

• 1Like

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

In case it gets deleted, someone unlocked the PS5 exclusive hogsmeade DLC for PC.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Where do you get the Twitch Drop items ingame? I've claimed them at Twitch/WBGames already.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
get ready for some mesh replacements boys

1675867272516.png

1675867256355.png

• 1Worf
  • 1WTF

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
People watch this retard?
He had over 100k people watching him play Hogwarts Legacy yesterday. I don't get the appeal, not to mention the fact that I can barely understand a thing he says.

• 3Solidarity
  • 2Like
Reactions: 4 users

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
And that's why I thought it was strange. The school isn't particularly diverse in the 90's or 2000's. But 100+ years before and suddenly it's 2023.
Between 1800s and 1990, the school the Wizarding council realized diversity was not their strength and shipped all sort of browns to the African hut of wizards.

Downhammer

Vyemm Raider
I guess I count as one of those 100k. Had him muted low res in background while downloading to get the twitch loot since he was first suggested stream on loot page. Hate the game not the player.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I do notice a distinct lack of fat people in the game so far, not even chunky types.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So I'm stuck, and I feel like the answer is probably obvious?

I was about to go with Fig to the Restricted Library before being interrupted by Black. Fig said he'd contact me later.

I've got no side quests remaining and have just been running all around the castle trying to find anything to do. I think I've got 6 crests or whatever for the House Chest to go, and like 13 field guides remaining. Hopefully I don't have to finish either of those to progress, as they require really scouring the entire castle.

Anyone know what I'm missing?