Hogwarts Legacy

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
More evidence this is just for diversity and makes no sense:

They did an amazing job with including lore in this game. They got lazy on this one and it sticks out like a sore thumb. It's worse than Ryan the tranny bartender.
It's hilarious that people were bragging about buying the game just to spite the dick-chopper community when woke 'we wuz magi' trash like this is featured so prominently in the game.

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

"Hogwarts Legacy takes places in a period when the great wizarding schools engaged in significant amounts of foreign exchange students. This practice was stopped in 1939."
The Wire Reaction GIF

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

"Hogwarts Legacy takes places in a period when the great wizarding schools engaged in significant amounts of foreign exchange students. This practice was stopped in 1939."
Okay, that's fair. It's not mentioned anywhere in game (yet), but at least offer up some kind of explanation even if it makes no sense.

Still bothered that she said she's from Uganda when apparently this is 1890 and it'd be Buganda, not Uganda, until 1894.

And Gav, honestly, it's not a huge deal. I'm making a mountain out of a mole hill on this one. The game is fun as shit and the diversity isn't that in your face. In fact, as I've played more, almost every new character is a whitey. So far it seems like your biggest sidekick is Sebastian.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
Computer coming in tomorrow and I’ll be DAMNED if I’m not paying for the deluxe edition for like 12 hours early access.

• 4Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 5 users

Janx

<Silver Donator>
Man what were all these amazing brave African wizards doing all these years while Africa suffered from famine, disease, warlords...
Taking and selling slaves I imagine.

• 1Worf
  • 1Like

Caliane

hairstyles, clothing, glasses, etc are all very modern. is there anything in game that actually sets it in its prescribed timeframe? seems like the game is set in 2023, and just pretends its not to not mess with canon.

• 2Like

moonarchia

The Scientific Shitlord
I'm saying that the world used to be diverse, strong and beautiful and then Voldemort showed up for some ethnic cleansing and now when Harry Potter goes to school it's

mcdhapo-ec030.jpg

Instead of a diversity checklist.
So.... I'm hearing that Voldemort did nothing wrong?

• 1Truth!
Reactions: 1 user

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
hairstyles, clothing, glasses, etc are all very modern. is there anything in game that actually sets it in its prescribed timeframe? seems like the game is set in 2023, and just pretends its not to not mess with canon.
ngl I wouldn't mind some retro looks.

26f8f24fbf4e3aced9c6fc5c2f269972.jpg

main-qimg-669ee91ef2544f0821e4c538e55ba44a-lq

• 2Like

meStevo

I think your wife's a bigfoot gus.
<Silver Donator>
I kept her Gobstoppers too but they stay in your quest inventory and you probably get this thing anyway.

Seems pretty weak on being a dick options. They don't seem to change the outcome for you at all. And you keep the now useless quest items.

I gave them to her and she still gave me her used toy.

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Eh? I've not seen a single piece of gear that is modern, it has all been very 19th / early 20th century woolen suits of clothes.

• 1Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Jesus, okay...so after potions class you run into some 60 or 70 year old woman who mentions her wife.

I was wrong.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Anyone seen this puzzle and solved it? When I stand on the pressure plate in the right alcove, it just spins both aloves around so that I appear on the right side, instead of stopping on the other side of the wall where a chest is located. Can't move once you're on the pressure plate. So it seems... broken? The Vault is located south of Arnshire, just off the eastern/higher altitude road hidden in some bushes (have to pull a cude onto a platform and burn it to open the Vault). Look for some Horklump plants.

puzzle.jpg

• 1Imbecile