Hogwarts Legacy

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>
That Professor Garlick is one fine piece of ace...I know from experience dude, if you know what I mean.

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Wizardhawk would love some of that Professor Garlick.

• 1Worf

Amycus

Lord Nagafen Raider
So I’m in Gryffindor, wife in Ravenclaw, and my daughter is in Slytherin. Watching them play has been interesting because some of the story quests are different. They wind up leading to the same point in the big story, but how it gets there is different.

Like I had to meet the Headless Hunt and find Jackdaw’s head in a pumpkin. My wife had a completely different quest where she had to place statues of jackdaws in their proper spots in the owlery which caused his ghost to show up.

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
If you are routing through a receiver that doesn’t have HDMI 2.1 support you will not be able to turn on VRR. Are you switching at the receiver level? VRR requires hdmi 2.1. If routing directly to the TV from the PS5 make sure you are using a 48gb hdmi cable.

I thought I was using an HDMI 2.1 cable. Got it fairly recently too. I'll look into this. Maybe only some of the TV's HDMI ports are HDMI 2.1.

Edit: Made sure VRR was enabled in PS5 even for games that don't use it. Now the TV's Game Optimizer mode says VRR is on. So it was just the PS5 setting that had to be flipped.

Last edited:
  • 1Like

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
I don’t know how I keep missing the Avalanche streams. Turned on every notification I could find heh.

So I’m level 18 and haven’t done first trial yet. I have about 17 hours in it according to save. Some of that’s afk. I guess it was mentioned earlier by the broom guy or at least hinted at, but if you keep your broom close to the ground your boost meter is pretty much unlimited. I’m guessing that’s what the upgrades take care of down the road.

Stay low, go fast. Figured that out after just flying around way up high constantly waiting on boost to charge.

Also some GoogleFu told me that all brooms are the same. It’s just cosmetic / transmog. The broom upgrades are uh, broom wide.

Talenvor

Lord Nagafen Raider
Ok so what gives. The PS5 countdown timer hit 0, but when I click play the screen goes black for a moment then goes back to the PSN store Hogwarts page.

Edit: solved. It was the beta console firmware. Reverted to the standard firmware and the game now launches.

Last edited:

Araxen

Golden Baronet of the Realm
I just ran across this trying to find the Digital Foundry video for this game.

Unsubbed from their YouTube. Fuck those cucks.

• 1Worf

Tarrant

<Prior Amod>

1676006995036.png

• 12Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 12 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
I just ran across this trying to find the Digital Foundry video for this game.

Unsubbed from their YouTube. Fuck those cucks.

Wow, Resetera people showed up at one of the DF guy's houses and they kept ordering pizzas sent to his house, and it turns out he wasn't even planning to cover the game anyway because he isn't a fan of HP.

Never really heard of Resetera before this week, they sound like creep-azoids.

• 1WTF
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Rajaah

Honorable Member
<Gold Donor>
1676007315642.png

Daaaaaayum.

Well, so much for my moratorium on ever eating ass.

• 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 2 users

rhinohelix

Dental Dammer
<Gold Donor>
Honestly, I almost never use Protego. Pretty much dodge only. For some reason I'm either timing Protego wrong, or wizards can hit you through it easily, because it seems to do fuck all. So I dodge everything.

Troll fucked me up cause he'll do a chain of attacks.
Go back to the post with Ut's controller settings. I will look it up later and repost but don't have much time now. After making those changes it worked way better for me. I really struggled to get a handle of the combat combos and controller button combinations with this game, though. I am getting old and there wasn't enough repetition for me to get gud until I started wandering around the world outside of Hogwarts/Hogsmeade 15+ hours into the game that I finally started picking it up.

• 1Solidarity

Xarpolis

Life's a Dream
This was delivered today. My daughter already loves it. Her friend, a huge harry potter fan, is even spending the night tomorrow, just to play more of the game.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
Me when I finally get Alohamora 25 hours in.

a whole new world aladdin GIF

Last edited:
  • 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
There's more to it as you go.

As far as the above, I don't think there's a carry cap for material either, so pick up all that shit.

Second Trial was brutal. Burned through about a dozen heal pots. The first part with the door was pretty cool and I was worried the whole fight would be like that. Probably will be for the 3rd. Had to look up one of the puzzles. I knew the concept but for some reason just couldn't get the shit to work in practice.

Speaking of heal pots, went to some side quest and there was a troll there (which I apparently didn't have to fight), and used up the last 9 heal pots I had. Went back to RoR and brewed up 20 more. Thinking I need to start using the fight wheel stuff (Tab on PC).

Oh, for the RoR opening quest, I had a question:

There's a spot where you see a golden snitch and I got tired of trying to figure out the puzzle. Was there anything there besides the chest? Hoping I didn't miss anything cool, because you don't get to go back to that version from what I can tell. Would suck to never have the golden snitch because I gave up.
You can't get into the area where the snitch is, but could pull the chest close enough to you to open it.

• 1Like

Zindan

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
As if DF hasn't covered games that they weren't fans of before. They are just scared of cancel culture, probably why SkillUp hasn't dropped a review yet.