Hogwarts Legacy

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Updated Nvidia drivers this morning and now I get a black screen. Why have Nvidia updates been so fucking buggy the last year?

BoozeCube

Von Clippowicz
<Prior Amod>
LMAO at this fucking pussy

I'm arachnophobic so I wanna know how bad this mission is gonna be? Like how long is it, any jumpscares I need to look out for? I would basically like to know the whole quest before I do it myself. And how bad will the rest of the game be for me? Like how often are spider encounters required?

Edit: I finished the quest in question and good news for everyone with spider phobia, i think it's not to bad. So here's what I did:

• No sound
  • Easiest difficulty
  • Had a youtube video playing in the background for distraction

its-alll-so-tiresome-tired.gif

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>

I'm arachnophobic so I wanna know how bad this mission is gonna be? Like how long is it, any jumpscares I need to look out for? I would basically like to know the whole quest before I do it myself. And how bad will the rest of the game be for me? Like how often are spider encounters required?

Edit: I finished the quest in question and good news for everyone with spider phobia, i think it's not to bad. So here's what I did:

• No sound
  • Easiest difficulty

This arachnophobia mods happens in every game and everytime I think about this vid that came out a few days after Skyrim

The commando bears make me laugh everytime while being absolutely terrifying.

There will probably also be an arachnophilia mod that makes all models arachnids.

• 2Like

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I don't think I am a fan of how long it takes for all the features to open up to you.
For sure.

I'm at about 30 hours and probably got the last of the normal spells just a few hours ago. Have two of the three dark arts spells which I only got recently. And then there's the other features I mentioned yesterday that I only got sometime 20+ hours in. Two of which seems to be pretty major at allowing you to customize how you play.

I think I just finished the main quest that will unlock the 2nd broom upgrade. And there's also spells like Alohomora that you get what seems like super late, and I spent a couple hours getting lost in the castle trying to unlock the three levels of.

But I'm not sure how off rails I've been. Probably a lot. I'm level 30 and have 50% of the challenges done.

Which, speaking of challenges, there are significantly more collectibles than are required for the challenges. For instance I've got the field guide pages done for the castle but missing a few dozen to 100% it. Same with the part for Alohomora.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
I also saw a comment on Reddit which is a feature I really appreciate. NPCs during story missions match your run speed.

I feel like this is the first game I've ever played where I can say that, and it's baffling. It's such a nice experience. There's been a handful of main quests where you do have to walk slightly more slowly, but I think they're just to allow for exposition, and as soon as they spit it out, it's back to running again.

It's honestly refreshing.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole

• No sound
  • Easiest difficulty

Might not be the game for him. There are quite a lot of spider encounters. Like...a whole lot.

• 3Like
  • 1Truth!
Reactions: 3 users

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord
I also saw a comment on Reddit which is a feature I really appreciate. NPCs during story missions match your run speed.

I feel like this is the first game I've ever played where I can say that, and it's baffling. It's such a nice experience. There's been a handful of main quests where you do have to walk slightly more slowly, but I think they're just to allow for exposition, and as soon as they spit it out, it's back to running again.

It's honestly refreshing.
Ghost of Tsushima had this.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Guzrog

<Gold Donor>
Let’s see if I can beat spronk for once. Avalanche is streaming on twitch now, get your Merlin cloak boys!

You only have to watch for 20 minutes.

• 2Like

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Let’s see if I can beat spronk for once. Avalanche is streaming on twitch now, get your Merlin cloak boys!

You only have to watch for 20 minutes.

Any way to mute just the streamer? Holy fuck

• 1Worf

Gravel

Mr. Poopybutthole
So has anyone unlocked their house cloak yet that's not Ravenclaw? Curious to see what they look like.

I haven't changed from it since unlocking it. It's by far the coolest looking one (there was another house cloak I unlocked with a larger Ravenclaw on it, but not sparkly).

• 1Solidarity

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
This shit has been pissing me off and my husbands apparently tired of me bitching about it.

If not using wands was a purely cultural fucking thing in Africa, but there is no downside to not using a wand, as she says, why the fuck doesn’t the REST OF THE ENTIRE WORLD adapt and do the same fucking thing? If there is no bonus to a wand, why fucking hamstring yourself to need a wand and make yourself vulnerable to disarmament, etc. where now you can’t cast.

The only fucking explanation for this shit is that Africans are just biologically superior Magic wielders which is fucking stupid.

Just cast Melaninosa Extremo and you can ditch the wand.

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 2 users