Hogwarts Legacy

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
You fuckers need to provide context for the shit you link. Not all of us wallow in the sewers all day every day.

Ehh thought everyone was caught up on the drama..

JK Rowling is a TERF (Basically a Feminist that thinks men changing to women is just another assault on women), the Trans community and liberals by extension have been getting pretty fired up over trying to cancel her.

This game is announced, Aforementioned groups quietly say that if you want to play the game, pirate it so the TERF doesn't get any money. They also call to not only boycott purchase of the game but shame and cancel anyone playing it on stream. Drama ensues.

Pirate group that is cracking the game is ran by a TERF out of russia who hates Denuvo (the anti piracy software used in the game), cracks the game and releases a memo with the crack that gets them banned off nearly all piracy subreddits because it goes on an Anti-trans anti gay rant.

• 4Like
  • 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 7 users

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Perfectly fine to hate Denuvo and all DRM shit (especially if it interferes with modding) but they made it political so the consequences were inevitable.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Is it some sort of UK libel law that means BBC has to keep apologizing to JK Rowling?

I recall hearing that libel/slander law in the UK is very unlike the US; whereas the bar for a plaintiff to successfully sue a journo in the US is very high, in the UK, it’s pretty low.

Sythrak

Vyemm Raider
So apparently the crack for this game got released. NFO hilariously spicy...

Edit: someone already beat me to it.

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Hogwarts Legacy” has wingardium leviosa-ed Warner Bros. Games’ sales, earning $850 million in global sales and moving more than 12 million units in just its first two weeks post-launch on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC, according to numbers released Thursday by the video game company.

That marks the biggest global launch ever for the Warner Bros. Discovery-owned brand, with the “Harry Potter” action role-playing game also setting the Twitch record for single-player games with 1.28 million peak concurrent viewers at launch.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
So apparently the crack for this game got released. NFO hilariously spicy...

I liked this even tho it's a repost because you don't post much and I don't want to discourage you.

1 bYj76MKr80GIns0HyYscQA.gif

• 3Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Pasteton

Blackwing Lair Raider
welp im officially old , i am unable to understand why there is a controversy here. also game sucks

Fucker

Log Wizard
Hogwarts Legacy” has wingardium leviosa-ed Warner Bros. Games’ sales, earning $850 million in global sales and moving more than 12 million units in just its first two weeks post-launch on PlayStation 5, Xbox Series X|S and PC, according to numbers released Thursday by the video game company.

That marks the biggest global launch ever for the Warner Bros. Discovery-owned brand, with the “Harry Potter” action role-playing game also setting the Twitch record for single-player games with 1.28 million peak concurrent viewers at launch.
850MM o_O

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
No plans for a dlc though.
This is the right position to take, especially when it looks like big features like Quidditch were planned and then probably booted to DLC. Many gamers are morons who don't understand how a feature can be planned as part of the main game and then bounced out of the release during crunch time because otherwise they'd have to release a buggy piece of shit or delay the game.

Better to shut up about DLC, expansions and everything else for at least 3ish months.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
There is a 100% chance quidditch is going to be a DLC in this game
I was thinking about this... For most sports games there's thousands of hours of actual play to derive a "strategy" for the NPCs from. For Quidditch the programmers have to decide how the players would act, could be janky as fuck.

Srathor

Blackwing Lair Raider
Quidditch is a horrible shitty game design.
No time limit, game is decided by catch of the snitch.
Catch of the snitch is 150 points.
Goals are 10 points each. But there are three goals on each side. But same points.

Bleh!

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
They aren't going to announce any DLC or expansions til the game is fully launched on all platforms. So we probably won't hear anything for a couple months til the Switch version launches.