Hogwarts Legacy

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
I’d compare it more to Ghost of Tsushima or GOW in terms of being able to play how you want and to some degree choose a build/gear based on your play style.
I didn’t use the counter/Protego spell much after the early part of the game, preferring dodge roll more, so I did not take the talents related to Protego. I used ancient magic a lot, so geared more to take advantage of it. I sort of halfway used harvestable stuff, so invested in that stuff towards the end.
It’s a really good game, but yeah difficulty/skill gap nowhere in the ballpark of Elden Ring.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fucker

Log Wizard
Can someone rate this game in the number of Elden Rings it achieves? Ok ok, not Elden Rings, how about Dark Souls 2s?
Elden Rings better by far. I put 100 hours into ER without thinking. This one stepped off the gas at about 25 hours. It is still a good game, but not close to ER for things to do.

• 2Like

Caeden

Silver Baronet of the Realm
So I’m only level 19 and just did the first trial. Yay work lately. Anyway, going back and talking to the troon. The voice actor is a man isn’t it? It sounds like a fucking troon.

I cannot tell if this is just trying to be accurate, inclusivity bullshit, or based. I mean even in Harry Potter land you can’t escape that deep voice lol. That is seriously immersion breaking. Even my wife said that’s a dude. Lol.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

sleevedraw

Revolver Ocelot
<Bronze Donator>
Could be an interesting mechanic ala achievement locked expansions. You can rush through Year 1, but you still have to complete the "exams" or whatever they choose to use before you can get to year 2.

Could also do something along the lines of using OWLs/NEWTs in specific subjects as a class/specialty system.

• 1Like

Pumpkin Thief

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Hopefully you can just play as one of the people who’s job is to bludgeon the fuck out of other players.

Made me think of this:
gfegegg.jpg

Blood of Heroes, a true low budget gem. Where they play the 1970's NFL version of Quidditch.

• 5Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 5 users

Rease

Blackwing Lair Raider
Whoa, what a blast from the past! Rutger Hauer is the star and the football is like an animal skull right? What a wonderfully 80's sci fi ridiculous movie. Thanks for the memories!

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
  • 1Worf
  • 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
This shit is still going. They went after Silver for playing Hogwarts Legacy and even tried to get her fired from VShojo. She stood up for herself and they failed horribly. Now they are trying to cancel her for just being white. Lol

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
I had to look up what that was and god damn. I hope this does get canceled.

1677458640735.png

• 1Like

Caeden

Dumb question I can’t seem to find an answer to…will Revelio show Demiguise statues during the day? I know it works at night. I was running around not looking and spamming Revelio and found none so far. I definitely found a couple at night.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Dumb question I can’t seem to find an answer to…will Revelio show Demiguise statues during the day? I know it works at night. I was running around not looking and spamming Revelio and found none so far. I definitely found a couple at night.

It won’t hit during the day, no. Your character will mention seeing them though, if you get close to one during daytime, so you can at least hit the wait and switch it to night.

Caeden

It won’t hit during the day, no. Your character will mention seeing them though, if you get close to one during daytime, so you can at least hit the wait and switch it to night.
I probably wasn’t paying attention to it. Excellent. Thanks!

Valderen

Space Pirate
<Bronze Donator>
So, I finished the main story at 45hours. I still have a lot of stuff to do in the open world, a few side quests and stuff.

So my thoughts now.

It's a great adaptation of the Harry Potter universe. It's probably one of the best adaption of an IP period. The world just feels like you're in the Potterverse. They did a remarkable job with the adaptation.

While it's somewhat a generic open world game, it's done very well in my opinion. Good looking world, good design, fun and somewhat diverse objective type, although each type gets repetitive after a while, basic open world issue. Still a good open world game. The combat was better than I expected, and quite enjoyable with some fun combos.

Itemization sucked big time, it's boring as fuck until you unlock the ability to upgrade the items and add traits. Even then it's fairly unimpressive.

The room of requirement is just plain awesome.

Ok, now the story and pacing. While the main story was decent, the pacing was horrible. The general structure of it was. Do main quest, then do a bunch of "main side quest" that are required to advance the main quest but barely connect to it. It's not that the sidequests were bad, it's just that they kept interrupting the main narrative.

This ties into the worse part of the game, the pacing. The introduction of new features is tied to the main story, and are unlocked way way too slowly. The idea that you unlock talents and have like 15 points to spend already is dumb. The same with the loom to upgrade items. You get items that you can upgrade and have slot for traits probably 10-15 levels before you get the loom.

At some point I was doing open world and side stuff and realized that unless I concentrated on the main story, I would finish the game with a few system still locked...and than just did the main story. I'm not sure I'll bother with the rest now. That was just in my opinion some terrible design and pacing.

Still beside that major issue, it is still a great game that I enjoyed a lot.

• 2Solidarity

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
This ties into the worse part of the game, the pacing. The introduction of new features is tied to the main story, and are unlocked way way too slowly. The idea that you unlock talents and have like 15 points to spend already is dumb. The same with the loom to upgrade items. You get items that you can upgrade and have slot for traits probably 10-15 levels before you get the loom.
You can actually unlock talents + broom at level 8 and RoR / vivarium / loom at the absolute minimum required level (15) if you do absolutely nothing that isn't part of the main story (except spell unlocks, which are fine because you they give just about the perfect amount of xp to meet the other main story quest level reqs from ~10-14). I found the second playthrough much more fun that way, but it's certainly not intuitive at all. Definitely how the game should have been designed/paced though.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Ok, now the story and pacing. While the main story was decent, the pacing was horrible. The general structure of it was. Do main quest, then do a bunch of "main side quest" that are required to advance the main quest but barely connect to it. It's not that the sidequests were bad, it's just that they kept interrupting the main narrative.
Have you read Harry Potter?

• 1GreNeg

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
You can actually unlock talents + broom at level 8 and RoR / vivarium / loom at the absolute minimum required level (15) if you do absolutely nothing that isn't part of the main story (except spell unlocks, which are fine because you they give just about the perfect amount of xp to meet the other main story quest level reqs from ~10-14). I found the second playthrough much more fun that way, but it's certainly not intuitive at all. Definitely how the game should have been designed/paced though.
My wife is playing on story difficulty and pretty much doing it like this. She sees my character and is like, why do you look different? She doesn't even really open chests to find new gear or anything. As soon as she opens the room of requirement I doubt she'll leave until I tell her the more side quests and main quests she does, the more she unlocks for her room.

• 2Worf

Ikkan

Molten Core Raider
I was out of town for work the last couple of weeks, so I was finally able to get back into the game and wrap it up. First of all, did I like it? Well...

100.JPG

I would rate the game an 8.5/10 if you had no concept of Harry Potter prior to this and a 10/10 if you were a Harry Potter fan. I did have some gripes, although they weren't major. Itemization was really lame, and there were a lot of re-used assets in things like treasure vaults - I know there will always be re-used assets in a game this large, but a bit more variety would have been really nice.

Overall I really really loved this game, it's definitely up there on my list of favorites, and I really look forward to the DLC.

• 1Like

Harshaw

Throbbing Member
Soo the Hogwarts shit basically chased Pikamee into retirement. She is "graduating" at the end of the month.