Hogwarts Legacy

Prodigal

Shitlord, Offender of the Universe
<Bronze Donator>
Finished up the main quest last night at level 31 with about 40 hours played and around 70% completion I think - definitely will go around and finish up most of the remaining side quests, discoveries, etc. I had no crashes while playing but did get the occasional odd graphical glitch. Great game, glad I gave them my money.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
There is a 100% chance quidditch is going to be a DLC in this game

I love how in the first 20 minutes of gameplay there is basically an advertisement reminding you that it's not in the game to get the hype train rolling.

"AS YOU AL KNOW, QUIDDICH IS DONE FOR THE YEAR"

All Students: "AWWWWWWWW"

"NOPE, AINT' HAPPENING, TOTALLY NEVER, CERTAINLY NOT LATER!"

Man the only thing that DLC advert was missing was a "Sponsored By" slogan.

• 2Like
  • 2Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
yeah and there are some NPCs standing around at various places talking about how they can't wait for it to start up next year, how bummed they are it's cancelled, etc.

• 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Quidditch is a horrible shitty game design.
No time limit, game is decided by catch of the snitch.
Catch of the snitch is 150 points.
Goals are 10 points each. But there are three goals on each side. But same points.

Bleh!

Hopefully you can just play as one of the people who’s job is to bludgeon the fuck out of other players.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
They need to take some of this Hogwarts money, buy whatever that spellcaster BR game was, and reskin it. That and quidditch multiplayer with league play.

Tuco

I got Tuco'd!
<Gold Donor>
Quidditch is a horrible shitty game design.
No time limit, game is decided by catch of the snitch.
Catch of the snitch is 150 points.
Goals are 10 points each. But there are three goals on each side. But same points.

Bleh!
I could see the gameplay being compelling if you're the seeker or one of the beaters responsible for fucking up the seeker.

If you're the Keeper or Chaser, you'll just play wizard soccer for a few minutes until the seeker catches the snitch and invalidates everything you've done.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I could see the gameplay being compelling if you're the seeker or one of the beaters responsible for fucking up the seeker.

If you're the Keeper or Chaser, you'll just play wizard soccer for a few minutes until the seeker catches the snitch and invalidates everything you've done.

It's gunna be a farmville mini-game for every position.

"Would you like to set your seeker to seek the snitch??" "yes?" "This task takes 3 hours to complete! Would you like to SUPER SEEK for .99 USD?"

Kaines

Potato Supreme
It's gunna be a farmville mini-game for every position.

"Would you like to set your seeker to seek the snitch??" "yes?" "This task takes 3 hours to complete! Would you like to SUPER SEEK for .99 USD?"
STOP GIVING THEM IDEAS

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Deathwing

<Bronze Donator>
On one hand, this game is great. I can use it to cleanse my various podcast subscriptions as new instances of liberal mind rot manifest.

On the other hand, it's very much likely that most entertainers, or just humans in general, have opinions that would make you not want to spend time with them. I kind of miss the days where an entertainer's image was much more manicured and the most egregious transgression was believing some space alien brought frozen souls to earth and blew them up in volcanoes.

Drinsic

privileged excrementlord

I would hope they'd spruce up the rules a bit for the video game version to either make the snitch worth less points or not be a game-ending event.

Edaw

Parody
<Gold Donor>
I would hope they'd spruce up the rules a bit for the video game version to either make the snitch worth less points or not be a game-ending event.
It's going to be

qf91enynlq3hlgtkmbon.jpg

with brooms.

• 3Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 3 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I expect this game is partially a marketing test-bed for a Harry Potter themed MMO to be honest. One would do amazingly well now, especially with every Free MMO doing Seasonal content for DLC releases. Could have a tri-wizard tourney every winter or something. Make a billion dollars a year in outfits alone. Expansions based on year 1 - 2 - 3...ect. Would be interesting to see if they could pull that off.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Szeth

Trakanon Raider
I expect this game is partially a marketing test-bed for a Harry Potter themed MMO to be honest. One would do amazingly well now, especially with every Free MMO doing Seasonal content for DLC releases. Could have a tri-wizard tourney every winter or something. Make a billion dollars a year in outfits alone. Expansions based on year 1 - 2 - 3...ect. Would be interesting to see if they could pull that off.
Could be an interesting mechanic ala achievement locked expansions. You can rush through Year 1, but you still have to complete the "exams" or whatever they choose to use before you can get to year 2.

• 1Like

Kaines

Potato Supreme
Ok, yes. More ideas like this, less of the previous

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Ok, yes. More ideas like this, less of the previous

For real, can you imagine the money they would make with an MMO that's basically a summer camp for the brittish version of Weebs?

FFXIV is a really good model to look at for tiered releases of content around a story based game.

Year X - 4 x 6 month long seasons. style formula with a 12 and 24 month raid, and house challenges at 6 months and 18 months combined with seasonal events like Christmas and valentines and whatever else they throw in from the HP universe.

The major issue I could see right away would be...how would people handle aging in a game? That would be a new thing that I think people would go insane for OR would be insanely turned off by.

Hat trick, once all years are done, the game becomes open world GTA style where you have witches and wizards running around normal people doing jobs / raids / whatever. Open world PvP with bounty hunts for killers to send them to Azwhateveritspelled.

• 1Like

Penance

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
On one hand, this game is great. I can use it to cleanse my various podcast subscriptions as new instances of liberal mind rot manifest.

On the other hand, it's very much likely that most entertainers, or just humans in general, have opinions that would make you not want to spend time with them. I kind of miss the days where an entertainer's image was much more manicured and the most egregious transgression was believing some space alien brought frozen souls to earth and blew them up in volcanoes.
Tom Cruise 1980S GIF by HULU

• 1Like

Vorph

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
is live again if anyone still cares about getting the Merlin's Cloak cosmetic. Think this is the last chance.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Break

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Can someone rate this game in the number of Elden Rings it achieves? Ok ok, not Elden Rings, how about Dark Souls 2s?

TBT-TheBigToe

Gemcutter
<Gold Donor>
Can someone rate this game in the number of Elden Rings it achieves? Ok ok, not Elden Rings, how about Dark Souls 2s?
Elden Ring is 9/10, this is a 7/10. In terms of difficulty this game isn't hard, my few deaths on normal were mostly because I was holding the trigger down just slightly while trying to heal and another few were because I was testing fall damage or one of my kids asked "what happens if you jump off that?".

If you like 3d zelda type games like Darksiders 1 & 2 (3 is fucking garbage), Fenyx Immortals Rising, and other games in the genre that I can't think of you will probably like this unless you really dislike the Harry Potter movies.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users