Home buying thread

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
My appraisal came in exactly at what my offer was. Shocking I know.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Same with mine! It's like there is some magical telekinesis between the two neutral parties.

• 1Like

Qhue

Trump's Staff
I will say that when I was looking at houses earlier in the month I was always the only white person at every open house in Brockton. I actually looked at the 3rd house on the list above when it first hit the pre-market, it is definitely a place to show off.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I will say that when I was looking at houses earlier in the month I was always the only white person at every open house in Brockton. I actually looked at the 3rd house on the list above when it first hit the pre-market, it is definitely a place to show off.
Brockton is primarily black and lower income for sure. New Bedford and Fall River are much the same with certain ethnicities dominating. Both cities have nice areas but to me the crime rates are what drive me away.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
my new bid house is using PEX instead of copper, anyone run into that yet? or is it just the future of plumbing say byebye to copper? (not like i have a choice, but i watched a few youtubes on how to solder copper, just in case!)

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Brockton is primarily black and lower income for sure. New Bedford and Fall River are much the same with certain ethnicities dominating. Both cities have nice areas but to me the crime rates are what drive me away.

It was less an income thing as these were very nice houses that were either new construction or complete down-to-the-studs remodels in much the same style as you see all over Somerville. It was more that I was being actively glared at by the other people viewing the home, the realtor, etc.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
my new bid house is using PEX instead of copper, anyone run into that yet? or is it just the future of plumbing say byebye to copper? (not like i have a choice, but i watched a few youtubes on how to solder copper, just in case!)

pex is probably fine, but doesn't have the tried and true 50+ year rep of copper, i'd prefer copper, but wouldn't have an issue either way.

iannis

Musty Nester
When copper starts to go though it goes in a really shitty way. Lasts for maybe 20-25 years.

Which is pretty good, but it's a pain in my balls since I'm the guy who has to replace it!

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Wait what? Copper has a lifetime of 20-25 years? Aren't there buildings well over a century old which have copper plumbing? I was speaking with someone who was boasting about how their pipes were 'reclaimed copper' that had previously been in use in some art deco building.

Cad

<Bronze Donator>
There are also different wall thicknesses for copper.

What would be great is if they could quote you a "this shit will last longer than the house" piping option. If it added $5k to my house price I'd pay it. I paid over $8k fixing the damage from one minor water leak.

• 1Like