Home buying thread

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Don't counties keep the records of sales?

Should have the amount paid

I think it's basically a transfer into a trust. I'm not 100% sure how it works or even the legality of the transaction, I assume it's legal since there has been like 600+ million dumped into the company since launch.

Essentially a Warranty Deed looks something like the snippet I posted earlier looks like, here is another couple examples:

1536778558449.png

or

1536778627759.png

Essentially the consideration is 10 dollars AND OTHER GOOD AND VALUABLE CONSIDERATION IN HAND PAID BY..

I feel like they are doing something that is borderline unethical?

they don't want people to be able to find their basis for the home but in the 2nd homes case it's tax basis was certified this year as:

1536778776948.png

As a non-home owner I don't know if that means much, but I assumed that tax basis = sale amount if the home was sold.

Burnesto

Molten Core Raider
That's just the value that they assess the property tax on. It usually isn't the same price, unless Texas does it differently. Even using map search in Tarrant county won't bring up the sale prices.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
That's just the value that they assess the property tax on.

Yeah, I understand that but as far as I am aware, aren't taxes assessed unless a sale takes place in which case the sale price (Market Value) IS the MOST accurate "assessment" for tax purposes and takes precedent over the assessed price?

Last edited:

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
Yeah, I understand that but as far as I am aware, aren't taxes assessed unless a sale takes place in which case the sale price (Market Value) IS the MOST accurate "assessment" for tax purposes and takes precedent over the assessed price?

I think you had a grammar bumble there, but yes.

It's definitely odd, even open doors HQ has the info. 390million on 9/8/14

Call the assessor and bitch. Or go up there and bitch. Or to a city council meeting etc. Someone will get you an answer to shut you up

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
HAHA...

For real I think I should start charging time for my offers to tour a place.

EVERY time I look to tour a place it goes on contingent the DAY I am supposed to tour it, even on homes that have been up and down on the market for like 60-70 days+.

Daezuel

Potato del Grande
Is there some way a loan can fail after closing? Can I go out and start a new business bank account and open up a business credit card a week after we get the keys?

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
HAHA...

For real I think I should start charging time for my offers to tour a place.

EVERY time I look to tour a place it goes on contingent the DAY I am supposed to tour it, even on homes that have been up and down on the market for like 60-70 days+.

Yes, quoting myself...

Went to see 2 more homes today. BOTH of the homes were up on the market for a while...BOTH went contingent basically as I stepped foot in them.

I need to start this business...

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Yes, quoting myself...

Went to see 2 more homes today. BOTH of the homes were up on the market for a while...BOTH went contingent basically as I stepped foot in them.

I need to start this business...
are these just the opendoor houses youre going to? maybe when you go in/activate the app, they flag some automated offer to "get you to buy now"

sorta like how if you're searching for flights, do it with cookies off cuz they could raise the price slightly if they think you're "checking" daily for lowered pricing.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
are these just the opendoor houses youre going to? maybe when you go in/activate the app, they flag some automated offer to "get you to buy now"

sorta like how if you're searching for flights, do it with cookies off cuz they could raise the price slightly if they think you're "checking" daily for lowered pricing.

Naah, these were a one off that I was interested in.

One was a real fixer, the other was nice.

The fixer would have been about 15-30k in work. I feel like it's going back on the market as soon as this contingent offer puts in an inspector. There is SO much work to be done...

The second wasn't bad, the main reason it sat on the market was they over-priced it a ton. I guess they finally got an offer they liked.

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Is there some way a loan can fail after closing? Can I go out and start a new business bank account and open up a business credit card a week after we get the keys?

It's incredibly rare for a loan to have issues after closing/recording. Usually if there's issues, they just need a signature that got missed. You can go do your other stuff now.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Oh my gosh, I am DONE with this...LOL...

Put an offer in on a home within like 48h of it going up and our agent gets an email back basically saying, "Thanks for your offer but our client JUST accepted an offer, should it fall through we will get in contact with your buyer ASAP."

Haaaaaaaa....

EDIT:

For reference, we aren't lowballing offers either, offering either asking (rare) or 2-5% over asking backed up by our pre-qual.

Last edited:

Siliconemelons

Sigh... not a good sign that the market is being so hot like that... crash soon, not 2009 like, but a 20% easy drop imo.

And yeah, some big company doing something dubious and maniplating large swaths of real-estate... fun

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>

Plural man, plural. LOL...

The "Tech Real estate Company" market is retarded hot right now and it looks like they are essentially using housing in the same manner that they are using crypto.

billion+ in cash invested into tech real estate companies in the last few years.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Oh my gosh, I am DONE with this...LOL...

Put an offer in on a home within like 48h of it going up and our agent gets an email back basically saying, "Thanks for your offer but our client JUST accepted an offer, should it fall through we will get in contact with your buyer ASAP."

Haaaaaaaa....

EDIT:

For reference, we aren't lowballing offers either, offering either asking (rare) or 2-5% over asking backed up by our pre-qual.
whats your price range if you don't mind? your market sounds fucked

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
whats your price range if you don't mind? your market sounds fucked

200kish, Basically we are looking at things from 150-210.

210 is a long-shot (sicne we can't price war upwards) and we understand when we are passed on those ones but we have been offering things like 175 on a listing of 160-165 and being out-bid / passed.

Yesterdays passup was so random even our agent was like, "WTF is going on..." they literally left the home on the market for like 48h (38 h exact) and then went pending...

I am 90% sure that someone just snapped this thing up with a 100% cash offer.

I offered 172,500.

1537559311541.png

1537559473159.png

This isn't the only property that I have offers in on...

Currently I have 3-4 offers in on properties and one has been up for a while, debating just canning that offer on premise alone since it's about 2k more than asking price and we left them with that offer 2 weeks ago and the home isn't pending still.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
200kish, Basically we are looking at things from 150-210.

210 is a long-shot (sicne we can't price war upwards) and we understand when we are passed on those ones but we have been offering things like 175 on a listing of 160-165 and being out-bid / passed.

Yesterdays passup was so random even our agent was like, "WTF is going on..." they literally left the home on the market for like 48h (38 h exact) and then went pending...

I am 90% sure that someone just snapped this thing up with a 100% cash offer.

I offered 172,500.

View attachment 176629

View attachment 176630

This isn't the only property that I have offers in on...

Currently I have 3-4 offers in on properties and one has been up for a while, debating just canning that offer on premise alone since it's about 2k more than asking price and we left them with that offer 2 weeks ago and the home isn't pending still.
yea, wtf is your market on some weird ass upswing?

imo, just fav/save those houses in zillow and see whats up a week later. You can have multiple zillow accounts too, i did cuz i was really deciding between two cities.

is that an updated pic? that lawn is dog shit for this time of year.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
yea, wtf is your market on some weird ass upswing?

imo, just fav/save those houses in zillow and see whats up a week later. You can have multiple zillow accounts too, i did cuz i was really deciding between two cities.

is that an updated pic? that lawn is dog shit for this time of year.

Naah, thats from November 2016 all the photos from the listing have the address in the photos. Generally though, under a tree I never expect lawns to look good..plus I don't give a shit if I have to yard-work to add some value back into a home. Plus Plus, most the homes I see like this that aren't in 500k+ neighborhoods (200-500 on this one) usually tout the same yard care. Honestly, it reminds me of my house growing up so it doesn't bother me, perfected yard-upkeep makes me anxious, like no one who lives there will ever have a real conversation with you and it's all stepford wives shit.

This is that same front yard from the listing:

1537560707420.png

and the back:

13935831_0_BErE37_l.jpeg

So I mean, even I would change some things: Taller fence (even with the "new one" and same color), change the fence boundaries if HOA allows (if no HOA then cool), add patio area for entertaining, Scrape Poopcorn, re-grout all internals (no, I'm not joking, LoL it needs this).

---

So, everyone is doing what we are doing, Bidding before they see the home, if they are buying for personal. If they are investing they are 100% walking into the realtors office and handing them a check for 150k and walking out with it done. This home MAY end up back on the market in like a few days or so once the people who "Won" fucking VISIT THE FUCKING HOUSE...but that's just more "dumb" time down the drain.