Home buying thread

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
Within a certain parameter this seems reasonable. If someone out of the blue implies they are worth 20 mil or something it's not particularly odd to be questioned on some level just out of curiousity.
Sounds to me like we found the seed money for FOH Hedge Fund.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
Within a certain parameter this seems reasonable. If someone out of the blue implies they are worth 20 mil or something it's not particularly odd to be questioned on some level just out of curiousity.
True, within a certain parameter. Like if your forum name is "Foler". Other than that? I think its a waste of time to have discussions here if we question what people claim as true since there really is no way to verify anything.

Asshat wormie

2023 Asshat Award Winner
<Gold Donor>
To suck money out of the system like the rent seeking leeches they are.
In a transactional deal where the professional is charging a flat fee? Nah. The $1200-$1500 is well worth it. You guys have no idea what kind of dumb shit goes on behind the scenes; the peace of mind is worth every penny and its not that many pennies.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
True, within a certain parameter. Like if your forum name is "Foler". Other than that? I think its a waste of time to have discussions here if we question what people claim as true since there really is no way to verify anything.

I very often post my actual trades for this reason to at least lend some validity on an anonymous forum.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Market so crazy in my srea zillow recommended me this for 380k 1500sq ft and hours later off market pending offer, lulz christ

Screenshot_20210706-095316.png

Btw its 380k for the left side of the house lulz its a duplex side by side or whatever its callled

Last edited:
  • 3WTF
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 3 users

swayze22

Elite
<Bronze Donator>
He bought them all for ~$100k slum lording over the past years, sold them for ~$300k+/- in the roaring market.

Boom $3m. Math is easy!

Fucker

Log Wizard
House listed an hour ago and already have people lining up. With any luck, it will be sold tonight.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
Power went out for an hour an hour before the first showing.

View attachment 361308

Pro tip for when moving out eventually… Set your disconnect or transfer of services to a day later or for as late as you can get a guaranteed disconnect. Power company told me not to worry but then they cut me off at 6am instead of 6pm. Had to do the whole move out with no AC.

Also an update on my own adventure. Closing still scheduled for July 12th and on track. Seller Realtor notified us this weekend that they couldn’t locate the delayed occupancy addendum stipulating they’re out by August 1st. So we drafted a new one stating July 19th was the delayed occupancy date. Apparently they remembered enough about the old one to catch the update. They still have no place to move to and want to keep the August 1st date. So back to negotiating with them. Shouldn’t impact close but I want to be 100% sure I’m covered come August and they don’t squat past that date. Plus my lease is up on the temp apartment August 3rd so not any wiggle room on my part.

Last edited:

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I don't know why you would ever disconnect your power instead of just leaving it on to transfer to the buyers, but then the people we bought from went and did it anyways... luckily I called before they completed the work order.

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I don't know why you would ever disconnect your power instead of just leaving it on to transfer to the buyers, but then the people we bought from went and did it anyways... luckily I called before they completed the work order.

Honestly I don't have a good reason for it other than having so much going on and just going through the checklist. About 10 seconds after it went off I was like, "well that was a dumb thing to schedule." But in the thick of everything it just slipped through. Throwing it out there in case anyone else forgets.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
In a transactional deal where the professional is charging a flat fee? Nah. The $1200-$1500 is well worth it. You guys have no idea what kind of dumb shit goes on behind the scenes; the peace of mind is worth every penny and its not that many pennies.

Suck and suck!
Sucking up all you can
Sucking up all you can suck and suck
Working up under my patience like a little tick
Fat little parasite (Parasite)
Suck me dry

My fruit is bruised and borrowed
You thieving bastards
You have turned my blood cold and bitter
Beat my compassion black and blue

Hope this is what you wanted
Hope this is what you had in mind
'Cause this is what you're getting

I hope you're choking
I hope you choke on this
I hope you're choking
I hope you choke on this

Taken all I can,
taken all I can, I can take
Taken all you can, taken all you can, we can take
Got nothing left to give to you

Blood-sucking parasitic little tick
Blood-sucking parasitic little
Blood-sucking parasitic little tick
Take what you want and then go

Hope this is what you wanted
Hope this is what you had in mind
'Cause this is what you're getting

Suck me dry!
Suck, suck me dry!
Sucking me dry!
Suck, suck me dry

Is this what you wanted?
Is this what you had in mind?
Is this what you wanted?
'Cause this this is what you're getting

I hope,

I hope,

I hope

you

choke

Last edited:

Fucker

Log Wizard
Not far from right.
Mine were 70-75k per. Not slum stuff; starting homes in an area not popular to move in to. Standard sardine homes in a sardine can subdivision.

Now, people get in fistfights to buy them.

Weird times. Stopped at the light today and was flanked by $400k worth of cars with Cali plates....and the flank wasn't deep at all.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
My only comment is to add on the what Blazin mentioned which is I assume you already have accounted for the tax hit dumping all the properties in the same calendar year?

I have indeed. I have an accountant who takes care of such things, and together we mapped out a viable plan for this.

• 1Solidarity