Home buying thread

Sanrith Descartes

Veteran of a thousand threadban wars
<Aristocrat╭ರ_•́>
and any number of things is greasing the gears.
Star Wars Disney Plus GIF by Disney+

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Not investment related but I need to vent. Just bought a place and today is moving day. It's a 3/2 we're hoping to convert to a 4/3 but are stuck in renovation hell with a cascade of delays and as of yesterday it was a 2/0. FML.

• 1Thoughts & Prayers
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Not investment related but I need to vent. Just bought a place and today is moving day. It's a 3/2 we're hoping to convert to a 4/3 but are stuck in renovation hell with a cascade of delays and as of yesterday it was a 2/0. FML.
so you pee in your garden?

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
so you pee in your garden?

Just got the master bath online, thankfully, though I might make my son camp in the yard until drywall is finished in his room so I don't have to listen to the kids fight in a single bedroom.

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
Closing on my first home on 5/5.
Appraisal comes back today, hoping it comes in a bit over asking to have some built in equity, otherwise we'll have to wrestle the price down.

Planning on accelerating the mortgage down using bi-weekly overpayments. Realtor mentioned looking at a HELOC to do it even faster, but I'll need to research that more before I commit to it.

• 3Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Appraisal comes back today, hoping it comes in a bit over asking to have some built in equity, otherwise we'll have to wrestle the price down.

Planning on accelerating the mortgage down using bi-weekly overpayments. Realtor mentioned looking at a HELOC to do it even faster, but I'll need to research that more before I commit to it.
if it's your first home and you have a front/backyard

make sure theyre keeping up w/ the landscaping, so you don't move into a dead lawn

nevergone

Low IQ Vegan Pacifist
<Gold Donor>
if it's your first home and you have a front/backyard

make sure theyre keeping up w/ the landscaping, so you don't move into a dead lawn
Yeah it's a new build without a HOA. Looks very well maintained from a landscaping perspective.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider

I wouldn’t be to concerned about the appraisal. It’s generally only an issue of prices in the market are going up rapidly and comps are out of date.
I doubt you’ll get a lower rate on a heloc, so I wouldn’t expect much value there.

• 1Like

Caligula_The_Cat

Vyemm Raider
Anyone have any resources or know the steps for selling a home to a family member in Florida? All the websites are nothing but realtor propaganda. Mortgage owed is 340,000, agreed upon price is 430,000, they’re paying cash. Looking to sell it to them for 398,000, then have them gift the other 32,000.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
I don't understand how they can do this without actually passing a law or something? I know lol laws and all but still.

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I don't understand how they can do this without actually passing a law or something? I know lol laws and all but still.

That’s the executive branch for ya. I’m sure someone will file a lawsuit. This policy is a biased punishment to responsible individuals.

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Fun fact. The 15% to 19.9% loan to value ratio is the only brthe llpa is increased (0.125%). If you were a high credit score and put 20% down you would see a reduction of 0.125% of llpa from the previous rules.

high credit and 5% down? 0.5% reduction
High credit and 25% down? 0.25% reduction.

it also increases the number of credit score brackets with 2 more brackets above 740, where people with higher credit scores get better llpa than before.

Of course reporting is dog shit.

nu_11

Golden Baronet of the Realm
ben does a good job explaining the changes
That guy is retarded and he's being a fucking snake with words

"it's not really punishing (people with high credit scores), it's just rewarding them less"

should've known cause his thumbnail is 100% soy

Last edited:
  • 1Like