Home Improvement

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Fuck trim right in the pussy.

I have about two miles of it to go in my place. Finally getting the last of my doors replaced, time to start trim.

Le sigh.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Cabinets coming in tomorrow I found out today, about a week early, fine by me. About 2k left to spend in the project 500 on cabinets, 400 butcher countertops, 500 in stair treads, bar sink and faucet. Going to put off putting a shower in the laundry room and doing the hookups. Mint clocking home improvement at 16k since february, i'm sure some of that is rental but i separated most of that out. Plumbing fittings and bullshit add up fast. Biggest purchase was floor at 2500, drywall was 1200, drywall labor was 2k, cabinets be 1k

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
36 damn day drought and we end up getting a huge storm three days before my home sale inspection. Went and poked around the attic this morning and found this. What do.

It's just damp to the touch, not dripping. Insulation underneath is dry, no mold.

Last edited:

Heylel

Trakanon Raider
Yeah we're going to replace that, but it's still damp out and we're expecting more weather tomorrow. Doing anything I can before the inspector shows up Saturday.

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
No, but I just noticed the windows and realize that was a retarded question. Where is your kitchen? I'm just trying to visualize what I'm looking at.

Picasso3

It is basementish, the far wall in the pictures is buried 10 ft deep and my front entrance is above that. That window on the left is about 2 ft above ground and the large window and door are about 8 ft off the ground.

I live on a cliff.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Picasso3

Bar area shaping up. A little disappointed in the quality of the cabinets, not sure if 3/8 plywood or 3/4 shitwood is better. Butcherblock counters got rained on while bringing them home, gonna suck if i get water stains but i'll be able to turn them over at this point.

View attachment 100656

Last edited:

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
The garage addition is coming along quickly. Two guys built this in two days. That blows me away. I would like to think I could build this myself but at the rate that I work it would take me a year, they did this in two days! Housewrap and siding goes on today.

RJGh3bm.jpg