Home Improvement

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Here's how it ended up. The doors and trim got delivered today, so not shortage of stuff to do this weekend. Granite guy quoted me 2200 for 20 sq ft of the bar area so i'm going with butcherblock from lowes there for ~$400, it seems much better quality than lumber liquidators butcherblock i made desk top out of, unfortunately they didn't have it when i hatched that idea.

View attachment 99376/

Soygen

The Dirty Dozen For the Price of One
<Nazi Janitors>
Are you guys actively using that elliptical?

Damn, is granite always that expensive? We did quartz in the kitchen and it was about 2300 for the counter and window sill, but it was like double the square feet.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
that's an adaptive motion trainer you god damn savage and no we dont use it. I may once the jumbotron gets up and running and I can put a big pussy on it to chase.

The granite quote is slightly retarded. I got 50 square ft for the kitchen at my old house for what he quoted me on this 20 sq ft job with the same stone. I point that out and he tells me granite has changed dramatically since then and this is a very aggressive price. There are two shows in town and they're both idiots.

Mur

Trakanon Raider
As far as the Granite pricing goes, you are going to be paying for a full slab, regardless of how much of it you use. Most "granite" slabs are about 110 x 70, or about 54sf. Best bet is to go to a slab yard and pick your slab, then buy it for yourself. Then contract the fabricator to make your counter (showing you what portion of the slab he is using) and then have him bring the remnant with the countertop, and keep it in the garage. That way you have the stone for another project if you desire. Otherwise, the fabricator will be paying for a full slab, charging you for it, and end up keeping the remnant. Also, the stone is usually only about 15% of the total cost, it's the labor that your really paying for.

Harfle

Lord Nagafen Raider
best way to remove hair dye for culture marble. girls hair dye all over my shit and she didnt clean it up right when it happened.

a_skeleton_03

<Banned>
best way to remove hair dye for culture marble. girls hair dye all over my shit and she didnt clean it up right when it happened.
Matte or gloss?

I grew up with my parents owning a cultured marble business. If it is matte you sand down with 600 grit wet. If it is gloss and you have a stain you can polish but that is most likely permanent. I have never seen a stain on gloss however, just heat marks.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Why can't i buy someones remnant for cheaper

That is what I did. You should call around to the granite specialty places, here in Omaha there are more than I expected so it probably depends on the size of your town. Our largest kitchen specialty installer runs their own remnant center. I was able to get a large piece of chinese cobalt blue for $225, he said if it wasn't a remnant this would have cost me $2600:

6q2XIkM.jpg

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
That is what I did. You should call around to the granite specialty places, here in Omaha there are more than I expected so it probably depends on the size of your town. Our largest kitchen specialty installer runs their own remnant center. I was able to get a large piece of chinese cobalt blue for $225, he said if it wasn't a remnant this would have cost me $2600:

Vent hood/fan over nothing?