Home Improvement

Oldbased

> Than U
When do grills usually go on deep sale? September-ish(end of summer?) or like the fucking dead of winter? I'm either going to go pure basic Weber or shoot on over to Pellet.
Char does theirs around Fathers Day. Not so much seasonal clearance than it is product movement at best times.
I bought mine, Same as this although it is shaped a tad different( this is 2017 model ) Professional™ Series 4 Burner Gas Grill | Char-Broil® for under $400 when it was normally 499.
Promotion was $100 off plus I stacked in a 10% coupon from lowes you can buy on ebay the coupon for like a buck on ebay.
Overall I don't see many sales on grills, just "special buys" from Home Depot/Lowes all around Fathers Day and sometimes 4th of July. These low cost ones are usually no model number specials made by the various big three for promotional sales. Problem is many of those $100-200 ones only last a year or two. Mine is 2 years old and still looks brand new, including inside for the most part after heavy use. Paying more was worth in this case. End of season sales seem weak, they are fairly happy leaving the end of year stock sit around usually.

LaGSaLoT

Golden Knight of the Realm
Was enjoying the weather on a bike ride with my wife and came across an estate sale. Weber Q 3200 with full propane tank for 100$. It's 2 years old but looks new, fired it up cleaned it out and seasoned it. Ready to grill tomorrow! Might want to keep an eye out if there are many garage sales around your area!

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Was enjoying the weather on a bike ride with my wife and came across an estate sale. Weber Q 3200 with full propane tank for 100$. It's 2 years old but looks new, fired it up cleaned it out and seasoned it. Ready to grill tomorrow! Might want to keep an eye out if there are many garage sales around your area!

Nice. I need to find that deal. Possibly this summer, likely next, I'm going to build my dream outdoor kitchen.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
You know just once I'd love to do a repair on a job that wasn't built wrong, but if it was built right in the first place it probably wouldn't need repaired.

First rotten spot was pretty easy aside from there being an extra joist where there shouldn't be one that made it extremely difficult to work in between the two joists. Second rotten spot I didn't even start because I realized that the rotten spot was just floating, the boards didn't end on a joist. The morons who built this shitty deck changed which way they were laying out the deck boards on the two narrower ends of the pool, so they were running parallel with the joists instead of perpendicular to them.

I don't even.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i've had a roomba and it died b4, the house i'm bidding on will be living room/kitchen w/ hardwood, never had it before, guess i gotta take care of it.

I don't want another stupid roomba, but this really dumb robomop actually looks like it'll be cool for my floors. I don't need a vacuum cleaner, i just bought a bomb ass miele, so the only thing touching my new carpet is that vacuum.

Vinen

God is dead
i've had a roomba and it died b4, the house i'm bidding on will be living room/kitchen w/ hardwood, never had it before, guess i gotta take care of it.

I don't want another stupid roomba, but this really dumb robomop actually looks like it'll be cool for my floors. I don't need a vacuum cleaner, i just bought a bomb ass miele, so the only thing touching my new carpet is that vacuum.

Houses with carpets?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
sent in the bid, gonna let them keep their price gonna ask for blinds/w&d/fridge/fence/final landscaping and closing costs.

gonna bring with me two Schlage deadbolts for front door and garage entry, got a rekeying kit to key them both the same. this is just temporary, i'll probably either upgrade to a keyless lock with z-wave or get a multlock/medeco super lock

and this patio slide door double bolt lock

This is just phase one, so i can sleep at night, in new house w/o thinking someone is gonna just open my door, ha. I'll be installing 3in screws in the hinges and door jambs and metal reinforcement. The front door has a sidelight, so i'll be getting some 4mil security film and super caulk. I'll also probably end up doing the sliding patio door and windows, but first i'll see how the sidelight goes.

This'll make the house relatively kick poof/smash window proof. It's probably not going to matter, i picked a upper middle class area with like zero crime.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
why dont you all report?
me specifically? i barely have 10bucks in cash in home, bank has it all. Other asians? i'm sure it's 80% on the books, and the rest... well maybe thats why they don't report.

Just like how these dindu's were tareting this chinese business woman.

She got one dindu tho, but she did get grazed, so dindu's do shoot back.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
damn, you should record a white person saying your address to play for your 911 call, takes 3 minutes for her to get the address.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
damn, you should record a white person saying your address to play for your 911 call, takes 3 minutes for her to get the address.
it's a black operator, she's probably covering up for her cousin trayvon or whatever.

Also, don't worry my accent is all NY. Heck i think it's cuz of this my insurance quotes out of Topeka were getting out of whack. Twice i had to correct two agents that my last name is Wong, not Long. These bitches trying to make me a white guy, i had to say W, like whiskey, not Lima.

Threelions

Victory Through Harmony
<Gold Donor>
sent in the bid, gonna let them keep their price gonna ask for blinds/w&d/fridge/fence/final landscaping and closing costs.

gonna bring with me two Schlage deadbolts for front door and garage entry, got a rekeying kit to key them both the same. this is just temporary, i'll probably either upgrade to a keyless lock with z-wave or get a multlock/medeco super lock

and this patio slide door double bolt lock

This is just phase one, so i can sleep at night, in new house w/o thinking someone is gonna just open my door, ha. I'll be installing 3in screws in the hinges and door jambs and metal reinforcement. The front door has a sidelight, so i'll be getting some 4mil security film and super caulk. I'll also probably end up doing the sliding patio door and windows, but first i'll see how the sidelight goes.

This'll make the house relatively kick poof/smash window proof. It's probably not going to matter, i picked a upper middle class area with like zero crime.

Can't be too careful

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Honestly you just need to be more secure than most of your neighbors. There's no way to prevent even run of the mill break ins unless you don't have a garage and put metal bars on everything, but who wants that. Protect against the visible and obvious security flaws like no center mounted bar on a slider or a completely unreinforced entry door, put an alarm sign out and have cameras.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
da fuq kind of youtube sorcery is this?
House we're gonna bid on does have granite so i'm just googling granite care and came upon this video, bitch doesn't sound like a bimbo and is pretty informative.

Then i notice the place doesn't have undercabinet lighting, and she has a vid on how to install it
It's actually the best one on youtube!!! (that involves go through cabinets as opposed to go through walls)

Then wife says she'd like recessed lights in the house instead of the 90s style dome thing, bitch has a video too, and it's good!

i swear i'm not letting her talents cloud my judgement.

Tenks

Bronze Knight of the Realm
Does anyone have a recommendation on a fan to pull air from outside in? Something like a box fan but I was hoping for it to be a tad less of an eye sore.