Home Improvement

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Holy board shit.

Interesting that the double post has the same post #!

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Does anyone have a recommendation on a fan to pull air from outside in? Something like a box fan but I was hoping for it to be a tad less of an eye sore.

put in a whole house fan and it'll move a shit ton of air through whatever you open. Other than that, no.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
any tips for home maintenance? i'm thinking of attaching a memopad to each appliance (maybe just a notebook for kitchen area/etc) to note when i got it serviced or i cleaned em. I do this for my cars, i just have a memopad in the glove, detailing my oil changes and tire rotations, and i keep a folder of all the service receipts in the trunk. For me it's easier to keep all documents (minus title, that's in the safe for obvious reasons) attached to the thing.

Siliconemelons

Only shit tier Asians need excel

you do not realize its not for the math or for calculating, but for the fact - as my brother says "You can actually use Excel to do the function of almost all other Office products." he is just using it for general word processing, and then a slide show - with some calculations in the back, and a embedded UI hacked pivot chart.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
any tips for home maintenance? i'm thinking of attaching a memopad to each appliance (maybe just a notebook for kitchen area/etc) to note when i got it serviced or i cleaned em. I do this for my cars, i just have a memopad in the glove, detailing my oil changes and tire rotations, and i keep a folder of all the service receipts in the trunk. For me it's easier to keep all documents (minus title, that's in the safe for obvious reasons) attached to the thing.

Why? Like I keep the invoices for everything in a pendaflex in the filing cabinet and purge when something goes tits up and I replace. Why do you need memos and shit on and in everything?

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Why? Like I keep the invoices for everything in a pendaflex in the filing cabinet and purge when something goes tits up and I replace. Why do you need memos and shit on and in everything?
i like to think notes go with the machine/car rather have a central location for all notes. ideally i would like to have both, but i'm not going to go through the hassle, so i'd rather just do each note per machine.

Cutlery

Kill All the White People
<Gold Donor>
Why would you need notes for appliances? What you need is warranty cards, owners manuals, and then any service bills or warranty work records. Those can be kept in a file folder in a cabinet somewhere. And the best part is, all of those folders are small because you're not going to need a bunch of them, so everything can fit in one drawer.

You really don't need a post-it note for every time you clean your oven, unless I'm drastically missing your point here. Folders man, folders.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Why would you need notes for appliances? What you need is warranty cards, owners manuals, and then any service bills or warranty work records. Those can be kept in a file folder in a cabinet somewhere. And the best part is, all of those folders are small because you're not going to need a bunch of them, so everything can fit in one drawer.

You really don't need a post-it note for every time you clean your oven, unless I'm drastically missing your point here. Folders man, folders.
yea maybe i'm thinking too machine specific, i'm thinking of just making a vanilla folder for the whole house

Palum

what Suineg set it to
There is basically zero maintenance possible for any appliance except respond to issues. Even the ones with wear items tell you when to replace. So unless you're hypermiling with your fridge filter unit, it's basically pointless - either keep a warranty on them or don't and call a reputable repair place when you need.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
It wasn't because Lowe's was selling lumber and retards didn't understand nominal framing dimensions. It was because Lowe's was selling them ACTUALLY undersized and not informing people. IE, they were selling stuff like 1.36" width 2x4s and cheap shit like that.

The dumb sensationalism is that Lowe's complied by labeling all the lumber in nom and listed dimensions. So everyone is hurr durr spurious lawsuit. BUT IT ALSO got BTFO and had to fix their supply chain because now reputable contractors didn't trust them, which is why if you're just looking into it from some clickbait trash article the tags "confirm" it because the new lumber IS properly sized.

This one a_skeleton_03 listed is trash.

• 1Like