Home Improvement

Gamma Rays

Large sized member
I would like them ( the ones suing ) to explain how it affected their build / reno.

Not like you have some carefully and accurately sized place where an exact 2x4 piece needs to go. Or are they going to claim that the store is selling a cheaper product ie: less material. It would all be priced by weight from supplier to store.

This would probably mess with them too, here in Australia ( plus other parts ) we call it 4x2 = forbietoo. Those simpletons would have to work out how to turn the thing 90 degrees for it to work.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Would you two idiots read what palum provided? If you dont know how inaccurately sized lumber would affect a build you've clearly never built anything.

For example Std door and widow jambs are designed for a wall 4 and 9/16th thick. If you lose an eighth in your wall it means your casing is hanging out an eighth.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
this is the property i'm getting
ISmuxwmhto5ukm1000000000.jpg

ISuomawj20koim1000000000.jpg

you guys think i can fit an island in there? seems tight

i'm thinking something like this
4573914.jpg

Last edited:

Siliconemelons

Whats wrong with that kitchen lol...

well it looks like something you are looking for could be put kind of where...what looks like that fold out table? is? by the trash can

Siliconemelons

Ahh gotcha, I am used to being pleab level- and I am... to me looks like a nice normal fairly nice kitchen, clean cabs non-laminate counter top- some nice open space leading into a eat in... seem nice to me...but again I dont live in a Xmil $ house haha

Vinen

God is dead
It wouldn't be able to express how much money Vinen makes.

no the colors do not flow into the other rooms. Also that ugly ass chunk of wood above the sink.
Dear god some people have no taste.

Also black cabinets and red tile :puke:

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
this is the property i'm getting
ISmuxwmhto5ukm1000000000.jpg

ISuomawj20koim1000000000.jpg

you guys think i can fit an island in there? seems tight

i'm thinking something like this
4573914.jpg

Buy a Rolling Butcher Block cart instead of installing an island for about 20 reasons.

butcher-block-rolling-kitchen-cart-6659.jpg

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Such a waste of money to slap granite in that kitchen and walk away. Tile and cabinets are dog shit. Why not renovate it 100% or never put in the granite. Now our Asian friend has to destroy that granite to bring the kitchen out of 1973.

So dumb.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Such a waste of money to slap granite in that kitchen and walk away. Tile and cabinets are dog shit. Why not renovate it 100% or never put in the granite. Now our Asian friend has to destroy that granite to bring the kitchen out of 1973.

So dumb.

There are companies who specialize in refacing cabs so you dont have to tear out. Basically you are just changing the doors & drawer faces + pulls to make less ugly. I have seen kits that slap on right over old stuff. Better than taking out real wood cabs and only being able to afford press board replacements.

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
Your still left with the soffit as an eyesore though. It's a kitchen, spend the money. I don't slap a piece of paper towel over my dogs shit on the floor, I clean it up right. Treat your house the same way.

Zapatta

Krugman's Fax Machine
<Gold Donor>
Your still left with the soffit as an eyesore though. It's a kitchen, spend the money. I don't slap a piece of paper towel over my dogs shit on the floor, I clean it up right. Treat your house the same way.

Painting that soffit the wall color would help stop it from being a big brown cock stabbing your eye.

The splash tile is worse than the soffit color. Somebody red / green color blind owned that place.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yes, when i saw the kitchen and the red tile, i was going to barf, i will take the rolling cart into consideration, i think the wood above the cabs is actually not wood but drywall/structure. but someone recommend what i can do about tiling around that window frame? they got like two red bars going up it.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Starting to move things around in my kitchen. One exterior wall is three floor to ceiling windows. They're changing to half windows and the sink/dishwasher are moving there. Then I'm getting rid of my in-wall ovens and putting in a 6 burner range. Then my island doubles in size, and I'll be making all counter tops from cement. This will likely take me about 6 months total, but at no point will we be without a kitchen. Sink moves when it's ready, I'll have a cook top until the stove is in. It's a good process, but daunting right now because there's so much to do.