Home Improvement

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
i'm a boy scout, i ain't gonna use no god damn chinese knot
Lol. I made the mistake of posting 5 minutes after I woke up, without my contacts in. I obviously rely too much on autocorrect.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Well, Floor scraped...I likely should have requested the cheaper hammer drill but I went with what they suggested and a "Scraper blade" which did the job but I feel like it would have been better if I did what you suggested and got a different bit.

Found out that the bathroom was MUCH smaller at some point or maybe had a drop-in tub. There are sill nail marks in the concrete and what looks like a spot where they broke through then replaced the concrete in the center of the room.

Amazingly enough the floor is remarkably level, took a 4 foot level to the floor and did nearly every direction I could and over all the floor. No really noticeable peaks or valleys but with this house I fully expect that because of this fortunate outcome that there is likely a demon summoning circle under this flat surface.

---

Back on track for questions...of course I want to move my toilet about 12 inches because why the fuck not.

Can I use the old ingest point to the main and do a u-turn? Seems like that would be a terrible idea to me but I know nothing about plumbing.

Wondering if I can use the existing pluming to re-route and do this:

1548788813647.png

Last edited:

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I say try the u turn. What's the worst that could happen?

HAHA

I'm ASSUMING that at the main line out of the home I would get a pile up as the shit rounds the horizontal "U" area.

For clarification this isn't a VERTICAL "U" It would be a HORIZONTAL "U" with the shit starting at the top and then "Looping" around of sorts.

Maybe this will better explain, relish your eyes on this shit paint depicting the shit speed in old shit speed vs new shit speed:

1548821132766.png

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
I'd bust it through to the plumbing so you can do a 90 degree to the existing plumbing, but that might work.

So I'm not messing with the scale at all. The "Main", if you wanna call it that, is almost literally 2 feet-ISH (likely less) from the toilet flange.

When you say "Bust through and put a 90 on the existing" do you mean along the 2ish feet space OR along the main? I fear fucking with the main, personally.

The existing 2 feet isn't straight, it's either 1 or 2 bends (Guessing it's a 45 degree elbow) into a T at the base and I assume the non-street side of the T goes to the toilet on the otherside of the wall.

What I debated doing is:

90 off the flange
8 or so inches of straight to get close to the other piping
90 to connect to a brief straight before a 45 to "main"

Let me know if you need more shit tier MS paint, I can do more!

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Vertical to horizontal connections need wyes or 45s.

You can't snake a u turn.

Your existing pipe is likely cast iron which is tough to work with.

There should be a vent stack nearby you have to consider. There are distance limitations in the code and you may be cutting it off if you relocate entirely.

Not to say it won't work, but I wouldn't take this on lightly.

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Vertical to horizontal connections need wyes or 45s.

You can't snake a u turn.

Your existing pipe is likely cast iron which is tough to work with.

There should be a vent stack nearby you have to consider. There are distance limitations in the code and you may be cutting it off if you relocate entirely.

Not to say it won't work, but I wouldn't take this on lightly.

100% not taking it lightly, not breaking ground til I have a clear plan.

So I THINK they replaced the plumbing a while ago, when I pulled the toilet I could see white all the way down to the junction. The clean out is entirely PVC and the pipe at the bottom is white. I would pull out my cup and clip a picture of the entry-way but I gotta clean around that cup because I was a moron and only used a cup and not a cup and bag for demo purposes and there is Quick-set chunks and mortar sitting next to the cup.

Code, from what I can tell has a MAX distance from vent not a min distance and I would, without a doubt, be working on the min distance if there was one. My intent, if I have to do a whole new break on the main, is to add it closer to the vent.

---

1548864435579.png

1548864455986.png

1548864481956.png

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>

So I THINK they replaced the plumbing a while ago, when I pulled the toilet I could see white all the way down to the junction. The clean out is entirely PVC and the pipe at the bottom is white. I would pull out my cup and clip a picture of the entry-way but I gotta clean around that cup because I was a moron and only used a cup and not a cup and bag for demo purposes and there is Quick-set chunks and mortar sitting next to the cup.

Code, from what I can tell has a MAX distance from vent not a min distance and I would, without a doubt, be working on the min distance if there was one. My intent, if I have to do a whole new break on the main, is to add it closer to the vent.

---

View attachment 191929
View attachment 191930
View attachment 191931

Your conversation/pms are turned off for this forum. What state do you live in?

Frenzied Wombat

Potato del Grande
Stupid question.

I want to redo my stairway. Remove carpet, redo the stairs with white oak, replace the handrail, and knock out a drywall wall at the top of the stairs and replace with glass. I know some contractors who have been recommended, but who do I look for to do the actual design and selection of materials? An interior decorator?

a c i d.f l y

ಠ_ಠ
<Silver Donator>
For the stairs, any place that can do flooring. Re-doing the railing is a little different... For blasting out a wall, call various contractors to get bids.

Picasso3

Stupid question.

I want to redo my stairway. Remove carpet, redo the stairs with white oak, replace the handrail, and knock out a drywall wall at the top of the stairs and replace with glass. I know some contractors who have been recommended, but who do I look for to do the actual design and selection of materials? An interior decorator?

Unless you're living in some hot shit gucci mansion a contractor can probably make suggestions and provide samples. A bonus is they'll provide stuff they know how to build.

Picasso3

---

View attachment 191929
View attachment 191930
View attachment 191931

10-4, i meant don't take the decision to move it lightly rather than the work itself.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user