o.jpg

• 5Worf
Reactions: 4 users

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I'm prepping to replace the nasty backspash that came with the house
(previous owner foto)
4a402934dbcc74cc8186f8ae412421ec.png

gonna get me a Tacklife SC-L01-50 Feet Laser Level Self-Leveling Horizontal and Vertical Cross-Line Laser - Magnetic Mount Base and Carrying Pouch, Battery Included sounds like a good investment, i can whip out my old tripod too

anything else i should think about (besides a smalleler notched trowels) i still have that experience from tiling my porch, so i'm cool on that, the laser level will keep my lines straight.

i have no idea what i want to do, tbh, i just have to do something, i'm sure i won't fuck it up, and it's only 18 sq/ft so not like theres much there. (even the granite countertop is still level, i checked all the sides)
Lol 😂 I picture your garage and shed and every other free space in your house so full of amazon gadget shit that you couldn't possibly have anymore room for shit.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Lol 😂 I picture your garage and shed and every other free space in your house so full of amazon gadget shit that you couldn't possibly have anymore room for shit.
yea i'm putting up 6 shelves in the garage now to handle that shit, the worse is...

my wife she saw my pegboards put up, then she's like, "why are there no silhouettes?"
DSF6588-e1424035347498.jpg

i'm like what! this is a house not a factory!

Haus

<Silver Donator>
Fences aren't really too bad. Just make sure you know your property line, even if you think the previous fence was on the right spot - a surveyor will save you major headaches and money later.

Also check with your town to make sure you don't need a permit for the fence, or whatever restrictions they might have.

It's.a lot of work but it's not really difficult. You just dig some holes and bury the posts with concrete.

I paid someone. Wasn't gonna fuck with that

I will add that if you're going to do it yourself renting a post hole auger from Home Depot will be an expense you will thank me for encouraging you to make....

I"m in the process of making my own kitchen. I've put about $5K into it at this point. Am I cool?

We gutted our kitchen to the studs (I might have even posted pics in here, it was years ago though) and rebuilt it. Moved where the sink was.. I did the demo, plumbing changes, re-ran electrical, then new drywall. Then I subcontracted out getting the floor laid. Got cabinets from cabinet-to-go and paid a guy to install/hang them. Paid a guy to do backspash. Got new oven, dishwaser, and microwave (fridge was good). Came in a scratch under $16k all said and done. It was my wife's 10th anniversary present instead of a ring upgrade.

Warning : crappy old phone pic is crappy....

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
is this all i need to paint the garage floor?
Rust-Oleum 261845 EpoxyShield Garage Floor Coating , 2 gal, Gray
1.png

i filled in the huge cracks and sanding it down now, do i just powerwash and slap on two coats?
*edit

looks like lowes is way cheaper

and i have to acid etch it for adhesion

*edit2
whelp seems i gotta do some more research and PPE buying, rubber boots, respirators and plastic suit, christ my neighbors gonna think i gots a meth lab.

Last edited:

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
No he's italian man
yup, i still have a bag of king arthurs a can of san marizano and citric acid to make fresh moz in my pantry and i can throw down a fuhgeddaboudit well enough ppl think theres gay tony soprano in the house.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Man I did all that shit in 2 houses now throughout my 20s and 30s. Now that im in my 40s I just want to lounge around and enjoy it. Im done with home rennos. Lat one I did was living room, which is sort of documented here, did all the dry wall (which was paneling before) did crown molding, knocked down the entire wall of brick which was my 70s rock fireplace and replaced it with modern tile and a poured concrete 500lb hearth, and then a home made mantel which I was proud to build. Other shit I did was refinish like 1500 sq feet of virgin hardwood floors and all the other shit. And not even mentioning the outside shit we did too, like new driveway, new patio out back, put in a 18' round pool by myself, which I had to dig into my sloping back yard (hard fucking clay too) I still have kitchen to do int his house, and small shti in the bathrooms but man, I dont even feel like doing that shit anymore TBH.

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
Painting garage floors that you park cars in is destined to fail from what I've seen. It always pulls up around tires, maybe put down some mats there?

• 2Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Haus

<Silver Donator>
is this all i need to paint the garage floor?
Rust-Oleum 261845 EpoxyShield Garage Floor Coating , 2 gal, GrayView attachment 212304

i filled in the huge cracks and sanding it down now, do i just powerwash and slap on two coats?
*edit

looks like lowes is way cheaper

and i have to acid etch it for adhesion

*edit2
whelp seems i gotta do some more research and PPE buying, rubber boots, respirators and plastic suit, christ my neighbors gonna think i gots a meth lab.

I've used that stuff on the concrete floor in my workshop, and on the concrete slab floor of our covered/enclosed patio and it's worked great. As for the prep, yes you need to scrub it hardcore with the etcher (usually TSP if I recall correctly) then a good power wash, then allow enough time to make sure it's bone dry.

I can't attest to it pulling up around tires in a garage as I haven't done it in my garage and plan on probably doing a click tile grid in there. ALong the lines of these...

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Painting garage floors that you park cars in is destined to fail from what I've seen. It always pulls up around tires, maybe put down some mats there?
whats the alternative, just to paint the garage with a mix of portland and bonder?

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
whats the alternative, just to paint the garage with a mix of portland and bonder?

If you paint your garage floor, sections will peel up very quickly. You just can't clean concrete well enough to get all the shit out of there. If you paint it once, count on doing it every few years, or it will look like crap.

On the other hand, keep you floor clean, patch holes/cracks if you have them, and leave it bare concrete. Then you maintain it by cleaning it every so often, which you're going to do regardless.

• 1Like

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I never understood the fascination of painting your garage floors. Maybe if it was dedicated workshop or some shit, but a standard garage? Meh.