Home Improvement

iannis

Musty Nester
Removal might be part of the high price, depending on the area and disposal regulations. Its all pressure-treated wood so you can imagine that's special, not like you can throw it in the chipper and spread it around a tree like mulch.

Pfff, the hell you say.

You just stack it over in the far corner of the yard and let vines grow on it. in 50 years it'll be someone else's problem.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
If you paint your garage floor, sections will peel up very quickly. You just can't clean concrete well enough to get all the shit out of there. If you paint it once, count on doing it every few years, or it will look like crap.

On the other hand, keep you floor clean, patch holes/cracks if you have them, and leave it bare concrete. Then you maintain it by cleaning it every so often, which you're going to do regardless.
maybe i'll just paint it with portland cement and see how it looks, time to buy some portland, i have a gallon of cement bonder actually, i have no idea why.

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
maybe i'll just paint it with portland cement and see how it looks, time to buy some portland, i have a gallon of cement bonder actually, i have no idea why.

If you don’t mind an unfinished look but want it sealed euco diamondhard is good shit. I did a 12,000 square foot warehouse with it and it’s flawless.

I have some stuff using sherwin Williams treadplex and use for light cart and foot trafffic haven’t tested in a garage with tires.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
No idea why? 🤔 Come on Lanx, you know why! Amazon addict!

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
whats the alternative, just to paint the garage with a mix of portland and bonder?

You could clean, stain, and seal it or just clean and seal it with something like siloxane--that would block water and maybe some other liquids from penetrating, and it wouldn't make the surface slick.

I think there are urethane coatings that might work better than epoxy.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
No idea why? 🤔 Come on Lanx, you know why! Amazon addict!
man i got this last year
d8ce057700464357214b8db397a02bf8.png

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You could clean, stain, and seal it or just clean and seal it with something like siloxane--that would block water and maybe some other liquids from penetrating, and it wouldn't make the surface slick.

I think there are urethane coatings that might work better than epoxy.
so i have to do this seal thing? just repainting w/ portland is a no go?, man might as well take my chance w/ that rustoleum epoxy... but none of my neighbors have it

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
so i have to do this seal thing? just repainting w/ portland is a no go?, man might as well take my chance w/ that rustoleum epoxy... but none of my neighbors have it

It helps, and siloxane is really easy to apply. Concrete and mortar and stuff like that is really porous. I'm not sure if siloxane would help with some typical garage spills like oil.

I'm not sure about the epoxy. My mom had her garage done with it, and it started peeling less than a couple of years after--and scraping that stuff off would be a pita. I wonder if the stuff would work better with those weird black and white flake inclusions you're supposed to add. I'm not sure if those are for traction or what.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I wonder if the stuff would work better with those weird black and white flake inclusions you're supposed to add. I'm not sure if those are for traction or what.
youtube video says it helps to distract from the cracks that will appear

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
youtube video says it helps to distract from the cracks that will appear

Interesting. Garages tend to see a lot of temperature change and moisture. I wonder if those cracks and/or flakes become weaknesses.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Painting garage floors that you park cars in is destined to fail from what I've seen. It always pulls up around tires, maybe put down some mats there?

That pic he has on the right, my last house had that same looking stuff on the garage floor (was there when I bought) and it was perfect when I moved in and looked the same when I moved out 5 years later. Not sure if the person did it themselves with lowes shit or some professionals did it right with higher quality stuff, but it was a near bulletproof coat of something or other that looked nice. I plan to put it on my new garage floor eventually but i'll have an outfit come do a job like that.

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
I never understood the fascination of painting your garage floors. Maybe if it was dedicated workshop or some shit, but a standard garage? Meh.

it's not paint it's a coat of epoxy and essentially changes the makeup of the floor. It turns the atmosphere of a garage from garage like to room like. If you're a person that hangs out in a garage, has a TV / sound system for when fiddle fucking around and generally keep things neat and tidy out their, this stuff is great.

Vinen

God is dead
it's not paint it's a coat of epoxy and essentially changes the makeup of the floor. It turns the atmosphere of a garage from garage like to room like. If you're a person that hangs out in a garage, has a TV / sound system for when fiddle fucking around and generally keep things neat and tidy out their, this stuff is great.

Also seals away the smell of any fuels, etc that have leaked into the concrete

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
I wake up to chainsaws amd lawn mowers. Two little mexican women are doing my yard. Bitch flinging rocks against my damn car! I'm calling ICE!

IMG_20190622_083332.jpg
IMG_20190622_083446.jpg

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
It's all worth about...tree fiddy.

Up until today you couldn't get the car in the garage. There were HUUUGE hedges blocking the driveway. Will take an after picture.