Home Improvement

ver_21

Molten Core Raider
it's not paint it's a coat of epoxy and essentially changes the makeup of the floor. It turns the atmosphere of a garage from garage like to room like. If you're a person that hangs out in a garage, has a TV / sound system for when fiddle fucking around and generally keep things neat and tidy out their, this stuff is great.

Along those lines, gray with speckles is a crappy color for doing actual mechanical work because it will camouflage small things like nuts and bolts and even small tools. I'm thinking about this practically now (I need to do something like this for my garage floor), and I do things like maintain my small engine yard tools. I think I'd rather have a bright yellow or orange urethane floor, as long as it wasn't slippery.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kiroy

Marine Biologist
<Bronze Donator>
Along those lines, gray with speckles is a crappy color for doing actual mechanical work because it will camouflage small things like nuts and bolts and even small tools. I'm thinking about this practically now (I need to do something like this for my garage floor), and I do things like maintain my small engine yard tools. I think I'd rather have a bright yellow or orange urethane floor, as long as it wasn't slippery.

Ya i'd agree with that.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
yea thats why i was looking at tan, rustoleum seems to only have gray/tan colors

Haus

<Silver Donator>
It's all worth about...tree fiddy.

Up until today you couldn't get the car in the garage. There were HUUUGE hedges blocking the driveway. Will take an after picture.

That was the entire beginning of my massive Garage project (detailed elsewhere in this thread). When I got my CTS Mrs. Haus Mrs. Haus insisted that it be properly taken care of and that means putting in the garage, which at that time was like yours and full of crap. Over time we have purged a HUGE amount of that crap in the process (to the order of around 3x the volume of my car it seems) and now I can store what I need in there and park both of our cars in it. Of course our crap was over 15 years of accumulation....

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
you ppl with garage storage issues ever think about overhead storage?
EmptyGarageRacks.jpg

i've been thinking about this i-beam setup for future storage, i think it looks sleeker
IMG_1531-1-min.jpg

just have to buy more uniform storage bins.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
IMG_20190622_125231.jpg

Finished putting these hangers to store wood, I don't even do wood, there just so much scrap!

Haus

<Silver Donator>
you ppl with garage storage issues ever think about overhead storage?
EmptyGarageRacks.jpg

i've been thinking about this i-beam setup for future storage, i think it looks sleeker
IMG_1531-1-min.jpg

just have to buy more uniform storage bins.

Actually... Yes.
FIrst, I have "overhead in the rafters/attic of the garage space which I'm leveraging now....

Next are the shelves I built along one wall which had space....

Then as an experiment I added some overhead, which I think I will be expanding.... With the left over wood I had from the Garage rebuild.

As for capacity, I know I did pull ups on that overhead after I put it up, so it's good for at least #230.

Admittedly I don't have the fancy finished looks you do on the walls, but I don't mind my redneck level functionality. heh

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Actually... Yes.
FIrst, I have "overhead in the rafters/attic of the garage space which I'm leveraging now....
View attachment 212439

Next are the shelves I built along one wall which had space....
View attachment 212440

Then as an experiment I added some overhead, which I think I will be expanding.... With the left over wood I had from the Garage rebuild.
View attachment 212441

As for capacity, I know I did pull ups on that overhead after I put it up, so it's good for at least #230.

Admittedly I don't have the fancy finished looks you do on the walls, but I don't mind my redneck level functionality. heh
it's just drywall, it came like that heh, i think the ibeam storage for you would be good, it would use less wood and you seem pretty capable. You already have shelving for "odds and ends", so you wouldn't have to build out an overhead shelf imo, the ibeam storage idea saves space (unless you wanted to double stack storage, which i believe imo is a safety hazard anyway, you don't want to fiddle w/ double stacked anything while on a ladder)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i think i settled on this, called "large format kitchen backsplash"
Norstone%20Planc%20Platinum%20%20Large%20Format%20Tile%20Kitchen%20Backsplash.jpg

you'd think being from ny, i'd like subway tile, but i actually have an aversion to, b/c i've been in subways for so long. This seems easy enough to do, just get a bunch of 12x24 and rip cut em for the thin strips.

no grout lines tho, how does anyone feel about that?

Haus

<Silver Donator>
it's just drywall, it came like that heh, i think the ibeam storage for you would be good, it would use less wood and you seem pretty capable. You already have shelving for "odds and ends", so you wouldn't have to build out an overhead shelf imo, the ibeam storage idea saves space (unless you wanted to double stack storage, which i believe imo is a safety hazard anyway, you don't want to fiddle w/ double stacked anything while on a ladder)

I like the look of the I-beam stuff. My one concern is that it somewhat locks you into using on particular type/brand of storage tubs and if you have to change, then you might have to redo the spacing on all the beams....

i think i settled on this, called "large format kitchen backsplash"
Norstone%20Planc%20Platinum%20%20Large%20Format%20Tile%20Kitchen%20Backsplash.jpg

you'd think being from ny, i'd like subway tile, but i actually have an aversion to, b/c i've been in subways for so long. This seems easy enough to do, just get a bunch of 12x24 and rip cut em for the thin strips.

no grout lines tho, how does anyone feel about that?

I like the look of that backsplash. I would also stay away from Subway style staggering because do you really want to be reminded of how dirty subways are when you're in your kitchen? My only concern with that picture would be keeping that much pure white looking clean (i.e. the counters and cabinets)

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
You guys dont even wanna see my garage, lul. shit is aids.

I wanted to build a storage shed to store all my lawn and snow shit but alas, city rules state you need a rat wall which costs about $1200 and no concrete place even wants to come out and do one up, because they want full driveway work not some shit job that pays nothing. I called like 5-6 places a year back and none even called me back for estimate.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I don't mind the look of no grout lines, it's hard to do well, though. I'm more worried about the uneven surface and how hard it is to keep clean.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I don't mind the look of no grout lines, it's hard to do well, though. I'm more worried about the uneven surface and how hard it is to keep clean.
yea all the 12x24 i've seen is gonna be slate, so it'll have the "natural" stone look.

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Brahma Brahma

Plan B could have been inviting FOH peeps over, handing them tools and providing alcohol.

Of course, that kind of requires some level of self-doxxing, so maybe Plan A was a better idea.

Did you just pay a family to come over and owrk on your yard, though? Did I see a mother/grandmother out there doing yard work? Am I high right now?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Brahma Brahma

Plan B could have been inviting FOH peeps over, handing them tools and providing alcohol.

Of course, that kind of requires some level of self-doxxing, so maybe Plan A was a better idea.

Did you just pay a family to come over and owrk on your yard, though? Did I see a mother/grandmother out there doing yard work? Am I high right now?
mexican cleaning service is rife w/ mother-daughter combo on the east coast. wouldn't be surprised if they expanded to landscaping.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You guys dont even wanna see my garage, lul. shit is aids.

I wanted to build a storage shed to store all my lawn and snow shit but alas, city rules state you need a rat wall which costs about $1200 and no concrete place even wants to come out and do one up, because they want full driveway work not some shit job that pays nothing. I called like 5-6 places a year back and none even called me back for estimate.
i'm ready
d1k64e-c72bb1b4-ced0-4cb5-a242-3f1986d2a87a.jpg