Home Improvement

iannis

Musty Nester
My bunk bed had the ladder at the foot. The entire footboard face was bulit out of slats so you could monkey up it.

Not really an option for you, the ladder wouldn't fit.

Not sure why my parents got a bunk bed since I was an only child for ten years, come to think of it. At least I never had to worry about getting rained on.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
gonna see if this blade produces high lift, it's the only one with lots of comments really, it's for the ego mowers, so imo it might be really light, idk
fed09a2281c5a8916268fb46e3c11776.png
already happy with these blades, i'm experiencing zero clumps

Siliconemelons

When your has a "quick" project... we need a new mailbox!

Buy it, haul it, take out the old one and put in this one etc. all like with 2 total hours- I get sweaty out in 95 degree Florida weather - and we have to meet my parents for lunch and get my kids... always these random home improvement things...lol then the wife was like "stop taking forever! we have to go!"

IMG_20190630_1741208~2.jpg

Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
I know this is kinda off topic but our fridge went out over the weekend. Fucking $1500 LG thats about 3 yrs old. searching the internet I guess they have class action lawsuits and tons of bad reviews on their linear compressors going out. People even get them replaced with warranty(10 yr parts) and they go bad again after 1-3 yrs, lol. What should I do? I could get this thing fixed (probably $500+ in labor) but afraid it will go out again costing us $100s in food, or just go out and get a new one, definitely not LG, lol. I hate to waste another $1500+ for another fridge, it seems like a waste to just trash this one, as far as fridges are concerned this one is still new. Fuck!

LG refuses to admit their shit is bad and still putting these things in their new models, what kind of a shit company would do this. Dont buy an LG fridge.

Last edited:

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Dont buy an LG fridge.

I hate to break it to you, but ALL large appliances are shit now. 5 years ago we redid my Mom's kitchen with GE stuff and a Whirlpool refrigerator. Of the original stuff only the dishwasher and the fridge are left and the refrigerator was in the shop for like a month last winter. The repair guy told us that it doesn't really matter what brand you buy anymore. It's all made in China as cheaply as possible and built to last 3-5 years.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I know this is kinda off topic but our fridge went out over the weekend. Fucking $1500 LG thats about 3 yrs old. searching the internet I guess they have class action lawsuits and tons of bad reviews on their linear compressors going out. People even get them replaced with warranty(10 yr parts) and they go bad again after 1-3 yrs, lol. What should I do? I could get this thing fixed (probably $500+ in labor) but afraid it will go out again costing us $100s in food, or just go out and get a new one, definitely not LG, lol. I hate to waste another $1500+ for another fridge, it seems like a waste to just trash this one, as far as fridges are concerned this one is still new. Fuck!

LG refuses to admit their shit is bad and still putting these things in their new models, what kind of a shit company would do this. Dont buy an LG fridge.
I've had great luck with a Samsung fridge that we picked up from best buy for about $1200. It has the french doors, and freezer pull out drawer on the bottom, and then we opted for no water/ice in the door, but rather on the inside if we really still want it. Having the extra space for us was worth it compared to the ones with the water/ice in the door. Cheaper too.

Siliconemelons

Water inside is a pain in the butt if you use water a lot or have kids as you are constantly opening and closing the entire fridge.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think the more electronics they add to appliances the more shitty they become.

Our front load washer for instance still works but the stupid digital knobs don't always react. They went digital because that's what we need, right

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

iannis

Musty Nester
They for sure Get shittier.

I've got a washer from the sixties that still works great. My uncle's been through three new ones in the past ten years.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

well... it is july 4th saving week

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
My Mom's refrigerator has ice/water in the door with a bottom freezer and I wouldn't want it personally. The ice gets melty from people opening the door and then either gets all hairy or turns into one huge chunk. My fridge has the ice down in the freezer drawer and the ice is much nicer.

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
The ice maker on this fridge went out within the first year. Then it started working again like a year later. POS from the get go.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i don't know why ppl trust korean tv tech companies to make good fridges and washers.

This is what happens when you let the woman pick the appliances, b/c YES lg/samsung look 1000x better than any kenmore/whirlpool.

sure koreans can build nice looking products and electronics, but anything with a fucking motor in it? um fucking hyundai and kia? those pieces of shits? no.

Arative

Vyemm Raider
Our builder grade whirlpool dishwasher went out. I think the water pump broke. Lasted less than 5 years. It's not worth spending $100+ on getting a $400 dishwasher fixed. So over the weekend the wife and I bought a new one. Went with a mid-range KitchenAid. Reviewed fairly well and it's only 39 decibels.

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Last edited:

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
So a bit of update. I called a place to get a quote on fixing the shit LG fridge and of course without looking at it they can only guesstimate but they said if indeed its the compressor, its like $600+ to fix. But this fridge has gor a 10 yr warranty on compressor so I need to get with LG and see WTF is up. I would still have to pay for labor but the compressor would be free (about $350) Btu then I get the shti replaced with another faulty compressor and go through thsi shit again in 1-3 yrs?

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So a bit of update. I called a place to get a quote on fixing the shit LG fridge and of course without looking at it they can only guesstimate but they said if indeed its the compressor, its like $600+ to fix. But this fridge has gor a 10 yr warranty on compressor so I need to get with LG and see WTF is up. I would still have to pay for labor but the compressor would be free (about $350) Btu then I get the shti replaced with another faulty compressor and go through thsi shit again in 1-3 yrs?
sounds bad
Class Action Lawsuit Claims LG Refrigerators Fail After Just a Few Years | Digital Trends

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Yeah, and they still dont admit they are bad and faulty, and still equipping them into their current fridges. Bold business move.