Home Improvement

Kaige

ReRefugee
<WoW Guild Officer>
When my grandmother died I inherited her fridge, which has some age to it. I've debated a while about getting a new one since I had a buttload of PC Richards credit, but they all suck these days and her old fridge is still going.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
any good july4th deals?

i just picked up 2, 16x24 framing squares for no other reason than it's free after rebate. tho, now i guess i have to make a "measuring" section

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
got this cuz a fucking gnat charged right up my nose (i'm sure it was the attraction to co2)
c35b59d69f08a0ea67568cc3ee48ffe7.png

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
If I saw a dude wearing that in my neighborhood...

Well let's just say I'd know it's lanx

• 1Worf
Reactions: 1 user

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
I think they sell those at the Mexican store. They are next to the bottles of mezcal, because the rank and file ones can’t afford that ferrari lawn hat and just put a cut up white shirt under their cap

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I think they sell those at the Mexican store. They are next to the bottles of mezcal, because the rank and file ones can’t afford that ferrari lawn hat and just put a cut up white shirt under their cap
the hat and accessories is like 9bucks total

• 1Solidarity

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Had a stupid deck on the back of my house. It was 16x16 at on level, and then 8x16 at a slightly higher level. So stupid, why not make the whole thing the same level? Well, I am, and I'm extending it another 8 feet, to the end of the house, so the deck will be 16x32 when I'm done. I'm also changing my dining room windows to a set of french doors, as the deck will now be there. It's not a huge project, big enough, but I started it today, when it is 93 degrees here, and 80% humidity. I'm not a smart man.

I'll post pictures some time. But it's hot out there, bros.

• 1Solidarity

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
We're leveling the yard where the shed is going and we started that today under similar environmental state, and I'm sunburnt from yesterday

Because you know, my wife hears I'm on vacation but what she really hears is let's do manual labor

• 3Worf
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 3 users

fris

Vyemm Raider
Growing up, ice through the door was breaking so often, I just got habituated to opening the door and grabbing ice. 30 years later, I still reach in despite ice through the door working fine every day in my fridge that just turned 10 years old.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
True story. I've never owned a refrigerator with an ice dispenser/maker. I've also never owned a dishwasher.

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
True story. I've never owned a refrigerator with an ice dispenser/maker. I've also never owned a dishwasher.
like, you went out and bought one? surely you moved into an apt or house w/ one

i'd say most ppl view the dishwasher as essential as a microwave, if not more, i personally also don't use the dishwasher besides running it once a year, i've how it just sucks at cleaning.

iannis

Musty Nester
I've never had an ice maker. I've used them at other houses.

I've never had a problem using ice trays in the freezer though, and never found a door dispenser to be convienent. It invariably slushes over. Maybe if I used more ice, but I sort of doubt it.

I consider the freezer to be an ice maker. You keep 2 trays and a bucket. It's kinda easy to have infinite ice.

Seems fancy for the sake of fancy and indicative of a moral weakness.

Last edited:

Fucker

Log Wizard
I hate to break it to you, but ALL large appliances are shit now. 5 years ago we redid my Mom's kitchen with GE stuff and a Whirlpool refrigerator. Of the original stuff only the dishwasher and the fridge are left and the refrigerator was in the shop for like a month last winter. The repair guy told us that it doesn't really matter what brand you buy anymore. It's all made in China as cheaply as possible and built to last 3-5 years.

I put in GE Profiles stuff 9 years ago. The fridge is still great. The dishwasher is getting worn out...but it's old. The gas range and oven are still great. I replaced one igniter a few months ago. I have a second set of GE Profiles washer and dryer. The first set lasted just after warranty and the washer basket came off and made the motherfucking loudest ruckus noise I have ever heard in a house. The washer bounced around so much that it dented the dryer. For a moment, I thought a car had crashed into my house. It was one of those front loader units.

I called GE, and they replaced both units with a new top loader and matching dryer. They were a few months past warranty, but they had new units out in 3 days, I think. Not too much of a stretch to think there was a massive design defect they were getting ahead of by tossing out replacement units. The replacement units have been trouble free for 6+ years. The washer just kind of does its job. It does fine on medium/small loads, but fails spectacularly on large loads.

I put in Speed Queen washer and dryer at my gf's house some years ago, and they clean anything perfectly. I take my blankets over there to wash and they come out pristine.

This house was 6 years old when I got it, and the previous owners put Viking appliances in it. The fridge was always breaking down and was shit, and the dishwasher was also mostly broken. The range was decent, but it was a dirty fucking pig of an appliance. 30 minutes of use meant 10 minutes of cleaning. I hated those things, and parts were expensive and usually on back order.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I have an icemaker, but not an in-door dispenser. It just makes ice and drops it in a container in the freezer. It's fantastic. This is the first time I've ever had one, and I anticipate always having one henceforth.

• 1Like