Home Improvement

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
Just on the install - my brother is the least handy person I know and he install vinyl/wood throughout his house

Khane

Got something right about marriage
Well there are a lot of Vinyl Plank options that are super durable and entirely waterproof. I just re-did a bunch of the flooring in my rental with it. It looks nice and should be easy to replace individual planks if they get fucked up somehow (as long as you buy some extra for these kinds of cases). The only thing I'm not really sure about yet is how easy it is to clean. It can get kind of expensive if you go super high end but there are usually a lot of deals floating around since there are so many options.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

iannis

Musty Nester
Is the weight of tile a serious concern? I've been thinking about doing the upstairs hall in tile, I've got carpets that need to go and don't really want to do it in carpet again.

It shouldn't be, right? Tile can be sort of heavy but it's all pretty evenly distributed across the flooring.

But thinking about it i haven't seen a lot of 2nd floors with tile on them.

Vinen

God is dead
Just on the install - my brother is the least handy person I know and he install vinyl/wood throughout his house

No way he can be worse than I. Pretty sure I'd find a way to impale myself with a board.

(I went to a Vocational School and when we had to to choose our "shop" they made us spend a day in each shop. I injured myself in every "Blue Collar" shop but Welding. That means Carpentry, Auto Body, Auto Mechanic, Electrical, Plumbing (don't touch freshly cut copper pipes FYI)... etc)

Cukernaut

Sharpie Markers Aren't Pens
<Gold Donor>
You heathens without ice makers. How do you deal with no WiFi on the fridge?

6C56AA3E-BDE3-4AEB-86D1-EADC5F6D16C3.jpeg

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Trapped in Randomonia>
plz tell me it was at least the wife that wanted the ipad in fridge and it'd be good to jot down todo(which never happens) and to look up recipes(which no one does)

So we use google docs for a shopping list because then it's always available to both of us whenever. And we put whatever recipes we want to use on that page, too. But I don't want that shit on the fridge. I want it on my phone when I'm at the store, and on my laptop when I'm looking at recipes and cooking. Who needs wifi on their fridge when there are so many other connected devices?

Vinen

God is dead
First floor sans Foyer and Kitchen.
First room is in-laws bedroom. We converted the formal dining room on the first floor into a bedroom.

20190708_161912.jpg20190708_161922.jpg20190708_161926.jpg

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So we use google docs for a shopping list because then it's always available to both of us whenever. And we put whatever recipes we want to use on that page, too. But I don't want that shit on the fridge. I want it on my phone when I'm at the store, and on my laptop when I'm looking at recipes and cooking. Who needs wifi on their fridge when there are so many other connected devices?
thats where alexa is supreme for us

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
plz tell me it was at least the wife that wanted the ipad in fridge and it'd be good to jot down todo(which never happens) and to look up recipes(which no one does)

So what it actually gets used for is ordering grubhub, and playing music occasionally. Also my wife puts pictures of us on the screen (not shown) and that’s about it. Take the screen away and it’s a badass fucking fridge though. So I’m benevolent on the whole situation. You don’t even want to see the washer dryer

It has a browser so I am hopeful eq will one day get played on my fridge

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
you pair alexa with your smart fridge and say "alexa, add dick sucking supplies to the refrigerator's shopping list"

Cukernaut

<Gold Donor>
10-1 says the igaypad breaks and so does the fridge as a whole.

Probably. I’m hoping I flip the house before then. Samsung has never made me feel very safe with their products. Toshiba and Mitsubishi are awesome shit, but not Samsung. Why can’t we get a Toshiba fridge