Home Improvement

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Pressure wash and clear sealer. Once you colour it, it shows badly as it ages. And as the sun bleaches it, there will be sections that don't take colour anymore. Never colour stain a deck imho.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
actually just bought a fire extinquisher for that hall (thats bedroom area, i have one for kitchen), should i install the fire extinquisher on the end of the hall? or would it be too nasty and just install it on the inside of the end door (linen closet)

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
actually just bought a fire extinquisher for that hall (thats bedroom area, i have one for kitchen), should i install the fire extinquisher on the end of the hall? or would it be too nasty and just install it on the inside of the end door (linen closet)

That would look terrible, put it inside the door imo.

Edit: actually if you hung it in place of that Bambi puzzle it might look better.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yeah, inside the linen closet. Though I'm not sure you really need one in the bedroom area unless you're sleeping with candles on.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Remember as a kid hearing the PSAs about all the people who died from falling asleep smoking in bed?

• 1Like

iannis

Musty Nester
Remember as a kid hearing the PSAs about all the people who died from falling asleep smoking in bed?

I do. I always thought that was dumb.

But I can see how it'd happen if you were blackout drunk, I guess. Which is probably what the PSA was really about. As a kid though it was like "how dumb ARE these people?".

That dumb. that's how dumb.

iannis

Musty Nester
I've color stained pine decks before. It's really just blind ass luck exactly how spotty it gets. If a splotchy deck would annoy you clearcoat for sure. Natural pine looks perfectly good.

But again, not fancy, and I kind of like uneven non regimented things.

Vinen

God is dead
fuck I hate Renovations. Just Kitchen left.

25K dropped on applianes (Wolf, Cove, Subzero, yes I'm a tool) and even more on custom cabinets. Just want this shit done now. Sick of eating out.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
fuck I hate Renovations. Just Kitchen left.

25K dropped on applianes (Wolf, Cove, Subzero, yes I'm a tool) and even more on custom cabinets. Just want this shit done now. Sick of eating out.
what the cabs look like, stylewise?

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
25k is pretty cheap for an appliance package. Scratch and dent? I know people who spend 60k.

• 1Worf

Siliconemelons

Ye'all need to budget a solid 50k for a project, spend 40k and give the rest to me- yeall rich mofarkers :) lol

Stove was 400, lowes dented, Fridge was 750- some holiday sale and microwave was 120$ on sale...

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I posted a couple years back when I added on the garage extension, it had a lower level that opens to the backyard and we never had real plans for that. Wound up filling up with random worthless junk, it was a mess. I spent some time this summer cleaning it out with plans to eventually turn it into a tiki bar.

I framed out an opening for a pass through window and then basically built a door that is hinged on top instead of the side. I'll add some gas struts to hold it open.

passthrough 1.jpg

passthrough 2.jpg

passthrough 3.jpg

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
hey yo, speaking of grass, that fucking wifi sprinkler controller is tits amazing. the whole summer i haven't even thought of watering AT ALL, i just set it on automatic 4 months ago and it waters when the ground is getting dry (it does it by guestimating how much water is in the soil by your current watering habits and the weather). Last week i installed another one for a co-worker... i actually wanted him to buy the rachio 2 cuz it was on sale (and lets be honest, i wanted to play with it). But, he just bought the same one i got cuz thats one i have experience w/ (and i could walk him through the app, cuz i can see where it could get confusing).

He's no dummy, heh, he types w/ two fingers and not tech savvy, just an old man, but the last time i went to his house in PA he built his own fucking deck.

what got him salivating, was (at someone elses party), i pulled up my garage security cam w/ my phone, then i swiped to the sprinkler app and turned it on, and swiped back to the garage cam and my sprinklers were on.

(but i said fuck no i'm not helping him w/ a security cam install heh, i'm not running wire through someone elses house)

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
hey yo, speaking of grass, that fucking wifi sprinkler controller is tits amazing. the whole summer i haven't even thought of watering AT ALL, i just set it on automatic 4 months ago and it waters when the ground is getting dry (it does it by guestimating how much water is in the soil by your current watering habits and the weather). Last week i installed another one for a co-worker... i actually wanted him to buy the rachio 2 cuz it was on sale (and lets be honest, i wanted to play with it). But, he just bought the same one i got cuz thats one i have experience w/ (and i could walk him through the app, cuz i can see where it could get confusing).

He's no dummy, heh, he types w/ two fingers and not tech savvy, just an old man, but the last time i went to his house in PA he built his own fucking deck.

what got him salivating, was (at someone elses party), i pulled up my garage security cam w/ my phone, then i swiped to the sprinkler app and turned it on, and swiped back to the garage cam and my sprinklers were on.

(but i said fuck no i'm not helping him w/ a security cam install heh, i'm not running wire through someone elses house)

Just talk him into arlo pro. Myself and several neighbors and coworkers have them. Everyone loves them, no wires. All WiFi, battery charges last months. They’re great and take ten minutes from box open to done and installed.