Home Improvement

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
P Picasso3 or anyone really.

Gotta ask, do you know what this thing is? I already used it to hang a fan from, the structure was solid, more solid than my bedroom fan situation even.

1580759549228.png

Looks kinda like this:

1580759195147.png

Where the sides are attached to the A-Frame of the ceiling, the tip is free standing and attached to nothing, the visible part (in the photo) has a fairly thick (.25 inch) steel plate shuttle that sits on it with machined out screw holes.

I just wanna get specs on it, reaching it in the attic is not advisable because there is ducting in front of it that makes it a "only if necessary" project to replace.

Reason I ask is, when I run the fan it sounds like it is wobbling.

Vinen

God is dead

Gotta ask, do you know what this thing is? I already used it to hang a fan from, the structure was solid, more solid than my bedroom fan situation even.

View attachment 247348

Looks kinda like this:

View attachment 247347

Where the sides are attached to the A-Frame of the ceiling, the tip is free standing and attached to nothing, the visible part (in the photo) has a fairly thick (.25 inch) steel plate shuttle that sits on it with machined out screw holes.

I just wanna get specs on it, reaching it in the attic is not advisable because there is ducting in front of it that makes it a "only if necessary" project to replace.

Does it shake at all if you grab it with your hand? I assume its attached to a joist?

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Does it shake at all if you grab it with your hand? I assume its attached to a joist?

It wigges about a MM or two, as if the rail sitting around an sheath used to anchor it. I couldn't get over to it to really inspect it.

I didn't hang off it or anything to test it's strength though LOL.

Vinen

God is dead
#KitchenRenovationFails

//Ordering a new Pot Filler. Contractor had his Plumber attach it and he sent me this... This was my bad as I bought the pot filler.

20200203_164914.jpg

Vinen

God is dead
I dunno man, for the money you are paying that seems like a "Their Fault" unless it was an 11th hour change.

eh. Not really. I bought it without measuring or really thinking. I have a replacement coming and they are going to swap it out no charge. Easy return. Not really a fan of the black either so switched to a brushed chrome.

Gavinmad

Mr. Poopybutthole
eh. Not really. I bought it without measuring or really thinking. I have a replacement coming and they are going to swap it out no charge. Easy return. Not really a fan of the black either so switched to a brushed chrome.

I rate your decadence level at A+

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Picasso3

Silver Baronet of the Realm
I'd go through at least 10 slabs before getting the outlets in the right spot.

• 1Worf

Picasso3

View attachment 247348

Looks kinda like this:

View attachment 247347

Haven't seen anything like that. Could it be a rail to mount a box to and the box has been removed? If you have access above no doubt pull it out and put in a new brace and box. Having sharp edges like that with wires going to a fan that may wobble is asking for trouble.

Edit - Sorry i didn't really read your post im distracted.

Cutting out the drywall below to get access (neat square, half joist to half joist) is not that bad since im guessing you're painting anyway.

iannis

Musty Nester
Yeah, that soapstone really does look nice.

I couldn't remember what that was called. I was like.. it's kinda marbled but it's not...

Picasso3

Guessing you're doing rubbed bronze hardware.
Brushed chrome may look like stainless but i'd try to match the hood/range as much as possible or you're gonna have all 3 finishes in a row

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
Haven't seen anything like that. Could it be a rail to mount a box to and the box has been removed? If you have access above no doubt pull it out and put in a new brace and box. Having sharp edges like that with wires going to a fan that may wobble is asking for trouble.

Edit - Sorry i didn't really read your post im distracted.

Cutting out the drywall below to get access (neat square, half joist to half joist) is not that bad since im guessing you're painting anyway.

Man you may have just given me the push to start scraping the popcorn off these fucking ceilings.

Best practice is to put it on toast or into blender then a snow machine right?

Vinen

God is dead
Guessing you're doing rubbed bronze hardware.
Brushed chrome may look like stainless but i'd try to match the hood/range as much as possible or you're gonna have all 3 finishes in a row

I got Brushed Stainless actually. Should be delivered today. Going to actually look at it before asking for install this time.

Amazon is f'ing awesome for this kind of stuff.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
A pot filler is something I never knew existed. I cannot imagine ever being at a point in my life where walking to the sink is too hard

• 1Solidarity

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
A pot filler is something I never knew existed. I cannot imagine ever being at a point in my life where walking to the sink is too hard
i was thinking about putting one in when i redo the backsplash, honestly i wouldn't ever really use it except for noodles, all stock i make i use filtered water anyway, but i think bitches love it cuz they don't lift bro.

Vinen

God is dead
It's probably for his wife's elderly parents.

This.

My father in-law is an absolute wreck due to having 3/5 of his lungs removed. He loves cooking still but lifting anything heavy is a challenge.

Last edited: