Home Improvement

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I really like this Home Renovision guy.
yea, he had another vid for installing bath tile and said that a projecting laser level is the best tool to keep you sane, (cuz you can't really work off the tub line as being plumb) bought one of those

Intrinsic

Person of Whiteness
<Gold Donor>
I really like this Home Renovision guy.

Thanks, that was really helpful. My biggest concern is the substrate being flat and level. Because of the tear out of the old cabinets, some moving of electrical, and age the existing drywall is piecemealed together and there are a lot of spots where it isn't flush and what-not. A new build with just solid pieces of dry wall looks straightforward though.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Thanks, that was really helpful. My biggest concern is the substrate being flat and level. Because of the tear out of the old cabinets, some moving of electrical, and age the existing drywall is piecemealed together and there are a lot of spots where it isn't flush and what-not. A new build with just solid pieces of dry wall looks straightforward though.
I want to say he does a video of putting tile on a wall that isn’t ideal.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>

That's why you back-butter the tiles AND put the mortar on the wall. It allows you to get things really even.

• 1Like

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Awww yaaa gurl. Imma butter yo bread

Spread it. Spread that shit.

50f1f5248a247.jpeg

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Has anyone in the colder states started working on their yards? I mean planting flowers or lawn care? I'm itching to get out there and have my yard looking like a damn golf course!

Also. Staining a fence. Is stain stain? I mean I see the five gallon run anywhere from 50-250 bucks.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Has anyone in the colder states started working on their yards? I mean planting flowers or lawn care? I'm itching to get out there and have my yard looking like a damn golf course!

Also. Staining a fence. Is stain stain? I mean I see the five gallon run anywhere from 50-250 bucks.
For the most part stain is stain but not all wood accepts stain the same so that’s why you see different formulations.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

i seeded some trouble spots last week and did a mow, for some odd reason i found a lawn leveler rake for 50bucks, usually this thing is 150, i'll see if it's the real thing in a few days (long amazon shipping), after i placed my order, it was gone, so hopefully it was a price mistake. beyond a few hundred pounds of top soil and milogranite thats all i bought and intend to spend really, i still have a 20lb bag of seed for spot treatments.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Is this the right thread to drop pictures from my home inspection? I am getting a few contractors out to take a look, but I figure you guys can weigh in as well.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
There appears to be an issue with the bathtub in the master bathroom. It's opposite the shower, so it's not a shower pan leak. It's on the main floor. The home inspector said that once the water got above the jets it was nearly impossible to fill the tub, as it was draining so fast. To be sure where it's draining under the tub it has to be pulled, which hasn't happened yet. Below are some screenshots from the inspection report, showing issues with masonry externally where the water is leaving inside -> out. Might be a huge undertaking. What do you guys think?

Annotation 2020-04-03 104914.png

Annotation 2020-04-03 104929.png

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
There appears to be an issue with the bathtub in the master bathroom. It's opposite the shower, so it's not a shower pan leak. It's on the main floor. The home inspector said that once the water got above the jets it was nearly impossible to fill the tub, as it was draining so fast. To be sure where it's draining under the tub it has to be pulled, which hasn't happened yet. Below are some screenshots from the inspection report, showing issues with masonry externally where the water is leaving inside -> out. Might be a huge undertaking. What do you guys think?

View attachment 259241
View attachment 259242
Is there a basement that isnt drywalled in where you can take pictures of the pipes of the bathroom? Or any pictures of your install bathroom before it was enclosed?

Lots of ifs here.

The tub should have a access panels. Take a look in there and take pictures or look around.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
Is there a basement that isnt drywalled in where you can take pictures of the pipes of the bathroom? Or any pictures of your install bathroom before it was enclosed?

Lots of ifs here.

The tub should have a access panels. Take a look in there and take pictures or look around.

No, no basement. It's concrete slab, and the tub sits on the slab. There isn't access to it, apparently, without pulling it. I don't know if it can be reinstalled. I'm 1,980 miles away from the house at the moment. Home was built in 2003, so it's hard to say.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
No, no basement. It's concrete slab, and the tub sits on the slab. There isn't access to it, apparently, without pulling it. I don't know if it can be reinstalled. I'm 1,980 miles away from the house at the moment. Home was built in 2003, so it's hard to say.

It could be a $100 tub spout/leaking shower valve or massive problems from when it was built. What state is it in?

Slabs are just fucked. Depends on the cash youll make, It sucks but if you can afford it, I would go there instead of guessing if the local contractors will pr wont fuck you or if they know what their doing.

Licensed/bonded/insured plumbers and hopefully they are also plumbing inspectors for their local county. Might be a grand or something depending on where your house is but some retard wont help you.

Nija

<Silver Donator>
It could be a $100 tub spout/leaking shower valve or massive problems from when it was built. What state is it in?

Slabs are just fucked. Depends on the cash youll make, It sucks but if you can afford it, I would go there instead of guessing if the local contractors will pr wont fuck you or if they know what their doing.

Licensed/bonded/insured plumbers and hopefully they are also plumbing inspectors for their local county. Might be a grand or something depending on where your house is but some retard wont help you.

I'm fortunate as I have family in the area, and my cousin has been a license/bonded/insured plumber for over 20 years that branched out into other things recently. I trust him to assess this. We'll probably have to get a neutral contractor to bid out the repair and use that number to work with the seller. I'll probably have my cousin perform the repair. I was there just last week, but this kind of thing isn't something that I looked at while looking at properties. It was uncovered in the home inspection. That's as far as we've gotten so far.

This is in NW Arkansas.

• 1Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm fortunate as I have family in the area, and my cousin has been a license/bonded/insured plumber for over 20 years that branched out into other things recently. I trust him to assess this. We'll probably have to get a neutral contractor to bid out the repair and use that number to work with the seller. I'll probably have my cousin perform the repair. I was there just last week, but this kind of thing isn't something that I looked at while looking at properties. It was uncovered in the home inspection. That's as far as we've gotten so far.

This is in NW Arkansas.
your home inspector looks pretty good, any other reports you wanna upload so we can see his work?

Nija

<Silver Donator>
your home inspector looks pretty good, any other reports you wanna upload so we can see his work?

Yeah, I was pretty impressed with the report. I'll make the details available for you guys, give me a few minutes.