Home Improvement

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I seriously hope you took a picture of your Civic with a freezer in it.
didn't have time, i was worried it was gonna fall off or something, don't worry i didn't just use bungee cords, i have 2 sets of ratchet straps in both cars just in case, and that proved to be a good thing to have.

Kovaks

Mr. Poopybutthole
My wife would not let me kill it, which may have been a good call, we'll see. I walked it a few blocks away and released it into the storm sewer. I ordered a new threshold weather strip to go under the garage door and I ordered a trap which I'll bait and leave in there for good. I figured I'd use dry catfood instead of peanut butter so it won't attract flies.
Should have drowned that fucker, things are vicious. We used to get them stuck in the pool, first time it happened I saved it only to have it try and get me, luckily it was tired, neighbors cat killed it and was swarmed by all the fucking flees abandoning ship. Now if they get stuck in there I drown them then pull them out., haven't seen one in a few years though.

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
lurkingdirk lurkingdirk you or anyone else here rocking bear proof trash cans?

Have a bearicuda that I've liked for the past 3 weeks I've used it. Two bears really tried their best to get in last night. Now the locking mechanism is kinda finnicky but no sign of damage 🤷‍♂️.

Needed to order another but now I'm thinking of trying toter.

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
so i had wanted a deep chest freezer ever since covid, but they were the first things sold out... and now
2703b82796b11db0fd9435388701fc36.png

they practically don't exist, i'm not even looking for anything huge, just a 5cu one, i could get one from amazon for 300 but thats covid 2x the price.

so anyway i was returning my car battery to walmart (give them your old battery for partial refund) and i just saw on a pallet 4, 5cu deep freezers for 170$ wow!!!

now, does a 5cu deep freezer fit in a honda civic?

yup, with the box even!

i'll probably just put it in my sun room, honestly the basement would be ideal and fine but it's so far away i know i wouldn't use it, the sunroom is right across from the kitchen.
I was able to order one on Wayfair. I couldn't find chest freezers anywhere either.

You should see me fit a Marshall 4x12 in the trunk of my civic.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
That's funny I was just in the local Ace Hardware Sunday and they had a chest freezer sale going on and they were sitting all over the store.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
lurkingdirk lurkingdirk you or anyone else here rocking bear proof trash cans?

Have a bearicuda that I've liked for the past 3 weeks I've used it. Two bears really tried their best to get in last night. Now the locking mechanism is kinda finnicky but no sign of damage 🤷‍♂️.

Needed to order another but now I'm thinking of trying toter.

I have no bears, but no. I think if I were in that situation I would build a small enclosure which I could lock in which I'd keep my garbage cans. Easy enough to do, and then you can use your standard garbage cans that the garbage truck can pick up. Or you could buy one of these and put latches on it

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user
I have my listening room cruisin' thanks to the new Magenpan LRS's and so that room, except for getting a kewl throw rug (like 6x12), is a-ok.

I really would love a dry sauna. Not a steam room, those are major pita's to do right, since you are basically putting a mold paradise in your house.

Sauna's do use humidity sometimes, but I like the bone dry zone a sauna gets you to.

Anyone have a sauna? Where I plan to be living next 5+ years, I have this nice huge backyard, and it's gonna snow, and a 2 person outdoor with a view door would be pretty sweet. You just go in the sauna then go roll in the snow. It's micro-exercise. Robust capillary action is the key to long life.

Oh. country living. I suddenly find myself near where fresh venison can be had. I need a recipe. I have not had fresh venison stew in almost 20 years. I should go to the recipe forum.

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
Oh. country living. I suddenly find myself near where fresh venison can be had. I need a recipe. I have not had fresh venison stew in almost 20 years. I should go to the recipe forum.
Ya maybe, or just ask a direct question. I butcher up quite a few deer every year.

• 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I love venison. Fill my freezer every year. Some I get with a bow, the rest comes from people who I let hunt on my property with the understanding that they give me some of the catch. I have so many deer on my property, and I've planted some corn stands in open areas right on the edge of the forest. Like shooting fish in a barrel.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
after coming back from my road trip i hosed down the car and the front bumper of a million bugs, i saw my neighbor struggling with his new string trimmer (he never edges his lawn) i knew it musta been weak cuz i saw the red color craftsman and i took out my new 40v string trimmer for him to try. i also gave him a pair of my safety glasses to wear cuz this thing has sent rocks to my face, ha.

after using it, he went to home depot to get his own, now we are ryobi buddies!

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Ah yes one of my favorite threads. Everything has been calm at the ole cabin. Barn needs a new roof. Gutters on the house in a few months. Howevet plumbing question for my bros.

I have an electric water heater. Sometimes i enjoy taking long baths and keeping the hot water on trickle to counteract the overflow drain from making the water going too low. Now after maybe 10 minutes the hot water is no longer hot...

Iirc my tank is 40 or 50 gallons, electric and have a recirculator. What could be the issue? How can I enjoy hot steamy water non stop?