Home Improvement

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I once forgot the water was running in my kitchen sink and it spread out and filled every drawer in the kitchen with water. Good times.

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
Have a little paint to sling, and the gas line gets installed next week by the plumber. Tradesmen are so booked out it's insane. I think the remodel went well, and despite being in the works since last November, once we finally got the cabinets it went really fast. Some shots below.

20201016_191726-COLLAGE.jpg
20201016_185917-COLLAGE.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
Hey all, hoping for some help. The garage of my rental property is partially underground. I have a spot where water is leaking through the grout when it rains heavy. It's not the end of the world since it's the garage, but I'd like to patch it. I tried using Hydraulic Cement and either I did it wrong or it's not the right solution. Is there something else I should be using or did I just do it wrong and should try again?

Would a rubber spray like Flexseal work for something like that?

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
How big is the crack? Maybe get one of those epoxy injection kits?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I think it's more important to get the water diverted away from the foundation than to try to patch it. Gutters? Directed down spouts? regrade on that side of the house?

• 2Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Unidin

Molten Core Raider
There's already a french drain over there, but I'll have to look. The house goes right up (maybe 2-3 feet) from the property line, so there's not a ton of space to work with.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
There's already a french drain over there, but I'll have to look. The house goes right up (maybe 2-3 feet) from the property line, so there's not a ton of space to work with.
i'm not good with this stuff, but watching this guy do concrete repair is amazing, he has a 14 part series on different foundations (all he does is fucking concrete) so pick one that best fits, since you know,

you asked for help but didn't provide any pics or nutting!!!

Feien

Ploppers
Nope not big at all. The fucking overflow valve is so low that it drains till I'm sitting in a puddle so if you wanna enjoy a nice bath you really need to keep the water trickling. Dunno if they make this but would be nice if the overflow inlet was at the top rather than bottom of the circular drain switch thing, would buy me maybe 4 more inches or so.
I'm not sure if this would work for you, but it's done wonders for us...

5180WWcBABL._AC_SL1500_.jpg

• 1Like

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
So we finally started tearing out the second bathroom at our farm.

Got the shitter out, started with the flange, hammered it some, it moves some, but it looks like they poured way to much lead in it.

Any ideas how to get a iron flange out with to much lead? Maybe blow torch to melt the lead?

We have tried drilling, cutting, etc.

It's in a concrete floor

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
So we finally started tearing out the second bathroom at our farm.

Got the shitter out, started with the flange, hammered it some, it moves some, but it looks like they poured way to much lead in it.

Any ideas how to get a iron flange out with to much lead? Maybe blow torch to melt the lead?

We have tried drilling, cutting, etc.

It's in a concrete floor
Did you fix this yet? I had to do this about 500 times in my previous life.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
It's a New England fall. Any advice for my grass in preparation of winter and spring? Should I be putting down stuff?

Noodleface

A Mod Real Quick
I think people seed and fertilize early fall. Then I just really mow the leaves into the grass. I've "heard" ti's good for the grass, but I'm lazy so that's mostly why I do it.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
you might still have time to put down some nitrogen rich fertilizer for root growth, but i learned the number one thing to do is not get lazy with leaves and get that shit blown, mulched or vac'd cuz 3 leaves could fuck up a patch of grass

• 1WTF

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
It's a New England fall. Any advice for my grass in preparation of winter and spring? Should I be putting down stuff?

For the 25 years I lived in New England, no one did a single thing about grass before the winter and every year, the grass was happy and healthy each spring. You don't need to do anything because that's the natural cycle of the environment. If you were in Nevada it would be different because grass isn't native there.

• 1Like