Home Improvement

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Is that load bearing? Probably not but check first. If not load bearing then yeah, I’d make that a 72” bifold door instead. Also, most closet interiors are flat white unless it’s a walk in.

View attachment 360403
This place has 3 bifold closets two of which arw already broke off the rails ha, just gonna replace those shita with regular doors

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Progress update. That part sucked cause I notched all those. Mark each one, all cut slightly different height to line up with cross beams. Took a long time for what felt like not much progress.

A628801A-9CCF-42DD-B391-69EB58582CF5.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Okay, I'm putting this here because I guess I'm a retard? and need your help, and I feel like you guys are the most likely to be creative enough to have a solution.

I have the cup linked below, and I can't get the fucking thing open. I'm guessing it basically vacuum sealed itself shut, and I just can't fucking unscrew it. Suggestions?

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Okay, I'm putting this here because I guess I'm a retard? and need your help, and I feel like you guys are the most likely to be creative enough to have a solution.

I have the cup linked below, and I can't get the fucking thing open. I'm guessing it basically vacuum sealed itself shut, and I just can't fucking unscrew it. Suggestions?

Submerge in really hot water so bits soften or expand. Not sure of all the materials, but nothing should warp or melt. Don't start nearly boiling. Start low and work up as needed.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>

Find a man and ask him to open it for you.

• 4Worf
Reactions: 3 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

Rubber belt strap wrench

This is the one i got
Screenshot_20210701-230310.png

You want as big as pssible so a footer for leverage

The notches help keep it in place

Then just hulk twist

My nitro cold brew is under pressure when i release and i need the wrench sometimes

Dont get the ghetto crsftsmsn kind with plastic handles they suck

If this doesnt wotk then the issue is you

slippery

<Bronze Donator>
Rubber belt strap wrench

This is the one i got
View attachment 360672

You want as big as pssible so a footer for leverage

The notches help keep it in place

Then just hulk twist

My nitro cold brew is under pressure when i release and i need the wrench sometimes

Dont get the ghetto crsftsmsn kind with plastic handles they suck

If this doesnt wotk then the issue is you
This will be here tomorrow. I'll try the boiling water thing, but since it's basically empty the thing is buoyant, so it's not easy.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
This will be here tomorrow. I'll try the boiling water thing, but since it's basically empty the thing is buoyant, so it's not easy.
If you git the same one with the metal red handle then heres anither tip, if you need more leverage stick a screwdriver through the hole and now you have more leverage and a t handle grip

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Finished this today. May add some more trim to the posts at some point but done for now. Decided against the half wall idea. Once it was done and we could really test the sun and privacy we just didn’t really need it with the bushes there. Cool with me, less money and less work.

8C929044-C942-46B5-9708-6C06BE665308.jpeg

Last edited:
  • 14Like
  • 1Mother of God
Reactions: 14 users

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Just purchased a Stihl wood boss 250.

Should I have gone with a farm boss instead? It'll get super heavy use. I'd prefer a larger blade - what's the safest size you'd brohams recommend for someone that doesn't do this for a living?

Edit - did some more research. Seems like the Ms 250 is a good homeowner saw. Any recommendations for something a little bigger? Price doesn't matter. I want the best.

Last edited:

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Finished this today. May add some more trim to the posts at some point but done for now. Decided against the half wall idea. Once it was done and we could really test the sun and privacy we just didn’t really need it with the bushes there. Cool with me, less money and less work.

View attachment 360771
That's amazing

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Just purchased a Stihl wood boss 250.

Should I have gone with a farm boss instead? It'll get super heavy use. I'd prefer a larger blade - what's the safest size you'd brohams recommend for someone that doesn't do this for a living?

Edit - did some more research. Seems like the Ms 250 is a good homeowner saw. Any recommendations for something a little bigger? Price doesn't matter. I want the best.

What do you need a bigger one for? I have both a Stihl and a Husqvarna with 24" blades but my favorite is the 36v Makita electric saw with a 16" blade. It's so lightweight and quiet. Obviously it's not up to sawing firewood all day or taking down big trees, but I use it for everything I can because it's so much more pleasant to use than the big saws.

I'm not saying you should get an electric saw, but anything that's bigger than necessary is just that much more weight to carry around.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
What do you need a bigger one for? I have both a Stihl and a Husqvarna with 24" blades but my favorite is the 36v Makita electric saw with a 16" blade. It's so lightweight and quiet. Obviously it's not up to sawing firewood all day or taking down big trees, but I use it for everything I can because it's so much more pleasant to use than the big saws.

I'm not saying you should get an electric saw, but anything that's bigger than necessary is just that much more weight to carry around.
Agree with this. I have a 16” electric and it’s fine. Perfect for use around the house when it’s something you only need like once or twice a year. Biggest thing I’ve had to cut up was ~10-12” trunk and it worked great.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Half unpacking and half repairing

So far i put one condensate line in 1 condensor, 3/4 pvc 6ft line out, it was just doaking the concrete slab, need to do another for the other one, slab is dry now

2 toilet flushers, 1 flap looked old and was leaky water there, other tge chain was too long and wraped around the pole, just got non chsin for both

Leaky delta faucet had to rebuild the cartridge

Lowes dont carry anode rods lol

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Going to spoil myself and got me the ryobi electric, on sale at hd fir 470 now, only diffetence between this and the 560$ model is the crosscut blde, i aint paying 100$ for 2 blades.

I actually )need a newl mower cuz i wanna try side discharge and i will be dethatching thus shitty lawn and my mower doesnt have a bag

But ill still keep it around as backup

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Going to spoil myself and got me the ryobi electric, on sale at hd fir 470 now, only diffetence between this and the 560$ model is the crosscut blde, i aint paying 100$ for 2 blades.

I actually )need a newl mower cuz i wanna try side discharge and i will be dethatching thus shitty lawn and my mower doesnt have a bag

But ill still keep it around as backup
Please set your PC up first.

• 2Worf
Reactions: 1 users