Home Improvement

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Not my first rodeo but jesus

20210706_093233.jpg

I got nubright working on it now too pro hvac concentrate shit

I would have tsken off the top, but there are like 20 zip ties snd i am trying to work fast, guess ill go for tound 2 later, this 1 of 2 consensors i have theres another unit right next to it it id a 4ton i think and i have no idea how to servive that also it has a gas line going into it i guess tge furnace id outside too?

Also guess who has siding fallong off his new house?

20210706_095200_HDR.jpg

Just got a 26ft little giant delivered too and picked up some cinder blocks

I might as well buy roof anchors too now

• 1Wow!
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 361283

I would have tsken off the top, but there are like 20 zip ties snd i am trying to work fast, guess ill go for tound 2 later, this 1 of 2 consensors i have theres another unit right next to it it id a 4ton i think and i have no idea how to servive that also it has a gas line going into it i guess tge furnace id outside too?

View attachment 361286

Jesus Christ that’s the filthiest coil I’ve ever seen.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
So im back flushing both condensate lines and all sorts of colors are coming out. (I plan to make a coupling clean out right at the evap sinces its in the attic, who knows what shit is there)

So its two central air returns, one main floor one second

Here is 2nd its right by attic door
20210706_160746.jpg

My air filter is taken out, the lines outside started icing, so who knows

Is there a reason that the return line is insulated?

(Pic upload problems)

Anyway i figured out why the attic wasnt a sauna, cuz there was a 2x11 gap along where the blower connects to the rest of the trunks

Used 1 roll of foil tape gotta buy more and a tub of mastic

Previous owner tried to fix this with...

Duck tape

This hvac looks so janky, i think imma gonna learn hvac ducts soon, jesus

Last edited:

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
So im back flushing both condensate lines and all sorts of colors are coming out. (I plan to make a coupling clean out right at the evap sinces its in the attic, who knows what shit is there)

View attachment 361319

(Pic upload problems)

Anyway i figured out why the attic wasnt a sauna, cuz there was a 2x11 gap along where the blower connects to the rest of the trunks

Duck tape

I did some DIY HVAC work in a warehouse I rented and my home a few years ago. Flex ducts with straight runs and plenty of support will net you better duct work than the vast majority of houses in America.

Thaloc

Molten Core Raider

View attachment 361319

(Pic upload problems)

Duck tape

You should never see ice or frost on refrigerant lines. This means you are either low on refrigerant or have low airflow across the evaporator. You should have that checked out by a pro.
That return duct needs to be insulated.

• 2Like

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ill just make new post
You should never see ice or frost on refrigerant lines. This means you are either low on refrigerant or have low airflow across the evaporator. You should have that checked out by a pro.
That return duct needs to be insulated.
It iced cuz the filter was choking out the evap aftrr the condenser coil clean

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Need to gut and replace most major appliances (dishwasher, microwave, range, oven) is this a Lowe’s/Home Depot thing or is there a better way to do it?

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Need to gut and replace most major appliances (dishwasher, microwave, range, oven) is this a Lowe’s/Home Depot thing or is there a better way to do it?

Define better? If you want as turn key and least amount of effort possible, then Lowes/HD is probably the way to go as they'll handle everything including delivery, installation, and appliance removal.

• 1Like

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Define better? If you want as turn key and least amount of effort possible, then Lowes/HD is probably the way to go as they'll handle everything including delivery, installation, and appliance removal.
Definitely turnkey.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Lg is oferring rebates on 3 appliances or more this stacks with in store sales

Ishad

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Lg is oferring rebates on 3 appliances or more this stacks with in store sales
I’m pretty limited in selection. The existing cooktop is a downdraft, and I’d like everything to match. So that’s the limiting step

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
hvac day is now on day +2, i learned that the box that connects to all the ductwork iscalled the supplyplenum and that separated from the air handler, its hard to get to since the attic hvac is horizontal and its a 14in long 2in gap. So i bought some sheet metal, bent it with a tool screwed and tape it like a bandaid patch, i also installed a attic door cover , ac doesnt even run 24/7 anymore cuz i guess i sealed up rhe major air leaks, but the attic is now like how it should be, a sauna.

To do is simply to run a new thermostat wire to it, it has no "c" wire and instead of doing the funkywiring ecobee wants ill just run new wire there, its literallt right on top of the thermostat.

I had to rethink how i want to do thw whole house filters since the garage is so small with no wall space i decided to make use of the woerthless space on top of the fridge and put a ro unit in for now.

I had to get a 3gallon tank and a smaller ro unit, vut it barely fits
20210709_121106.jpg

Theres a icemaker tube providing water so ill just take line and reroute it through the dispenser

• 1Like

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
hvac day is now on day +2, i learned that the box that connects to all the ductwork iscalled the supplyplenum and that separated from the air handler, its hard to get to since the attic hvac is horizontal and its a 14in long 2in gap. So i bought some sheet metal, bent it with a tool screwed and tape it like a bandaid patch, i also installed a attic door cover , ac doesnt even run 24/7 anymore cuz i guess i sealed up rhe major air leaks, but the attic is now like how it should be, a sauna.

To do is simply to run a new thermostat wire to it, it has no "c" wire and instead of doing the funkywiring ecobee wants ill just run new wire there, its literallt right on top of the thermostat.

I had to rethink how i want to do thw whole house filters since the garage is so small with no wall space i decided to make use of the woerthless space on top of the fridge and put a ro unit in for now.

I had to get a 3gallon tank and a smaller ro unit, vut it barely fits
View attachment 361682

Theres a icemaker tube providing water so ill just take line and reroute it through the dispenser
I remember working on the ducts in my attic wasn’t that bad (except having to balance on the joists) while all the duct was disconnected. I could aim the cold air to blast directly in my face so the 120 degree attic didn’t bother me. After finishing the first duct I learned to have everything staged and as ready as possible before I sealed off the source of cold air.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I remember working on the ducts in my attic wasn’t that bad (except having to balance on the joists) while all the duct was disconnected. I could aim the cold air to blast directly in my face so the 120 degree attic didn’t bother me. After finishing the first duct I learned to have everything staged and as ready as possible before I sealed off the source of cold air.
Yes its only bearsble to do this before 10am, i am acutally working through my emergency n95 covid supply lulz

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>

View attachment 361283

View attachment 361286

How does your HVAC even get that filthy? I’ve never seen anything like that.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
How does your HVAC even get that filthy? I’ve never seen anything like that.
I still have to open up the other unit i cant find my sockets i ned a 6.5 hex

This unit has been there since house was built in 92 lulz thats gonna be scary

Tmac

Adventurer
<Gold Donor>
I still have to open up the other unit i cant find my sockets i ned a 6.5 hex

This unit has been there since house was built in 92 lulz thats gonna be scary

And they never got the units serviced? Those older units last forever, but I mean holy moly that’s some kind of nasty.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
And they never got the units serviced? Those older units last forever, but I mean holy moly that’s some kind of nasty.
When i took apart the shroud it felt "factory", likw no one has touched those sheet metal screws cuz the torque felt the same or could just be me.

I know the previos owner didnt get it serviced since he had the house in 2017, he cme by to pick up his swing and he said he took care of everything himself. Which is freaky cuz the garage opener sounded like a death rattle to hades, when i opened it up. It needed lots of lube and the chain had to be tightened cuz it was slapping againt the rail

I had to fix leaky toilets and showers and i know some drains dont stop water and i have to rebuild both spigots, water just shoots out of the anti siphon valve

Not to mention i alreay had to fix two lights that were ghost flickering cuz of bad wire nutting (which is why im replacing this whole house with wagos soon)

And a 3 way switch that somes becomes a 4 way switch.

I cant believe this, i swear when i get my kansas housr inspected to sell its gonna be A+++

Fucker

Log Wizard
When i took apart the shroud it felt "factory", likw no one has touched those sheet metal screws cuz the torque felt the same or could just be me.

I know the previos owner didnt get it serviced since he had the house in 2017, he cme by to pick up his swing and he said he took care of everything himself. Which is freaky cuz the garage opener sounded like a death rattle to hades, when i opened it up. It needed lots of lube and the chain had to be tightened cuz it was slapping againt the rail

I had to fix leaky toilets and showers and i know some drains dont stop water and i have to rebuild both spigots, water just shoots out of the anti siphon valve

Not to mention i alreay had to fix two lights that were ghost flickering cuz of bad wire nutting (which is why im replacing this whole house with wagos soon)

And a 3 way switch that somes becomes a 4 way switch.

I cant believe this, i swear when i get my kansas housr inspected to sell its gonna be A+++
If he's the guy who put up shelves in the closets, it is probably a good thing he never touched anything.

• 1Solidarity
  • 1Like