Home Improvement

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
yea, fuck you weird ass california 3 way
0f1fb3fa13c22c6b989dfeb2ac05aa67.png

i was wondering why my fucking lights were all poltergeisty when i put in smart switches

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
i started using spectracide a week ago, that didn't do shit, just made the weeds look wimpy,

got an order of this on sale at woot for 30bucks
5b5148795965bdad1f53e6f6584c671b.png

yea thats doing the trick, broadleaf, creaping charlie, all this weird looking shit i never seen before that doesn't look like grass, i spray and it dies.

already mixed up 6 gallons, christ

the funny thing is the previous owner came around to pick up a swing and i talked to him...

he likes to fucking mow lawns, wtf!!! he even mowed the adjoining neighbors yard (cuz it's fenced in) and the other neighbors yard when it was a rental for a few months.

i'm glad he took away his swing set, he gave me some sad sob story about it being the last thing he and his dad built together... that a-frame swing was rickety and fucking scary, i sat and swung in that thing and felt like it was gonna fall over, he also took down a tire swing, thank god! the neighborhood kids played on that thing for the 4th and the straps on it were like half gone, i don't need a kid flying off on my property.

BUT i did go around and made it known that the previous guy took back his swing set, and i didn't take it down, so he looks like the asshole for taking back his stuff and i don't look like the child hating dude, i know how to look like a good neighbor!

anyway onto gallon 7, jesus

remember wheni was anti- chemicals, haha those were the good days
so this rm43 is garbage, it just makes the weeds look like theyre wilting

whatever the fuck all this is, is what i'm fighting
20210713_122239.jpg

time to get some tenacity

jesus christ, amazon will deliver it in 1hr, this is better than dominos
5e7f93dda7a95c9757625a278402ef76.png

Dandai

Lesco Brandon
<Gold Donor>
so this rm43 is garbage, it just makes the weeds look like theyre wilting

whatever the fuck all this is, is what i'm fighting
View attachment 362615

time to get some tenacity

jesus christ, amazon will deliver it in 1hr, this is better than dominos
5e7f93dda7a95c9757625a278402ef76.png
Tenacity says it’s safe to spray over existing turf, but it does have an impact on growth. At this point - if it were me - I’d wait until you’re ready to over seed in the fall and round up once a week for a couple weeks prior to seeding. It really depends on your goals and how much effort you want to put into the lawn.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Tenacity says it’s safe to spray over existing turf, but it does have an impact on growth. At this point - if it were me - I’d wait until you’re ready to over seed in the fall and round up once a week for a couple weeks prior to seeding. It really depends on your goals and how much effort you want to put into the lawn.
i pulled and weed whackered (put the weed whacker at 90degrees) the front lawn so it's more "presentable" compared to the rest of the cul de sac so atm the neighbor next to me has an uglier lawn w/ broadleaf everywhere in the front.

my goal is just to look better than this neighbor and i already accomplished that w/ just lots of sweat and pulling (they just moved in a month before me, and before that, the house was a rental and the lawn was being taken care of by my previous owner, lulz, 2 houses w/ horrible lawncare by the same guy), the other neighbor is weird (where you share the thin strip), not her in general her situation, it's just a 14yr old girl living in the house alone and her parents come every 2 weeks she barely mows her lawn and i don't expect her to but it's just like a weed forest.

i told her if she needed help w/ the lawn, i'd do it no problem, and if she needed food or some shit i'd roast her a chicken lulz (but i made it a point shes not coming into the house, no way am i gonna have some 14yr old white girl in my home)

but the backyard is just weeds where there should be grass lulz, theres 3 fully grown trees that provide so much shade, but also this is where all the weeds gather, also the trees are super established and there are roots jutting out everywhere too (which makes grass impossible to take hold)

so i'm just gonna tenacity the backyard and see how that goes, if it's good i'll do spot treatments for the front lawn.

then once all these shits die off, i'll start doing those lawn plugs again, i'll steal plugs from the creak that leads into the small lake in my back yard, those lawn saplings look good, i won't feel bad stealing these plugs since i'm paying a heftier HOA now anyway, they're practically my plugs!

one nice thing here in tn, there are no milorganite shortages like what i had in kansas, HD also has other organic milorganite alternatives too i saw (but i don't know em and i've only used milorganite) if anyone wants to recommend one or i'll just keep on using milorganite, i'll start laying some down at the end of july when all these chemicals have worked their way into the weeds and roots.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
i pulled and weed whackered (put the weed whacker at 90degrees) the front lawn so it's more "presentable" compared to the rest of the cul de sac so atm the neighbor next to me has an uglier lawn w/ broadleaf everywhere in the front.

my goal is just to look better than this neighbor and i already accomplished that w/ just lots of sweat and pulling (they just moved in a month before me, and before that, the house was a rental and the lawn was being taken care of by my previous owner, lulz, 2 houses w/ horrible lawncare by the same guy), the other neighbor is weird (where you share the thin strip), not her in general her situation, it's just a 14yr old girl living in the house alone and her parents come every 2 weeks she barely mows her lawn and i don't expect her to but it's just like a weed forest.

i told her if she needed help w/ the lawn, i'd do it no problem, and if she needed food or some shit i'd roast her a chicken lulz (but i made it a point shes not coming into the house, no way am i gonna have some 14yr old white girl in my home)

but the backyard is just weeds where there should be grass lulz, theres 3 fully grown trees that provide so much shade, but also this is where all the weeds gather, also the trees are super established and there are roots jutting out everywhere too (which makes grass impossible to take hold)

so i'm just gonna tenacity the backyard and see how that goes, if it's good i'll do spot treatments for the front lawn.

then once all these shits die off, i'll start doing those lawn plugs again, i'll steal plugs from the creak that leads into the small lake in my back yard, those lawn saplings look good, i won't feel bad stealing these plugs since i'm paying a heftier HOA now anyway, they're practically my plugs!

one nice thing here in tn, there are no milorganite shortages like what i had in kansas, HD also has other organic milorganite alternatives too i saw (but i don't know em and i've only used milorganite) if anyone wants to recommend one or i'll just keep on using milorganite, i'll start laying some down at the end of july when all these chemicals have worked their way into the weeds and roots.
You have one of these bad boys? Best weed pulling device ever. There are other brands, same design.

Gardtech Stand Up Weed Puller, Ultra Strong 4-Claws Manual Weeder Remover, Labor Saving Dandelion Weed Removal Weeding Tool with 40"-47" Adjustable Long Shaft (2021 New)

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
You have one of these bad boys? Best weed pulling device ever. There are other brands, same design.

Gardtech Stand Up Weed Puller, Ultra Strong 4-Claws Manual Weeder Remover, Labor Saving Dandelion Weed Removal Weeding Tool with 40"-47" Adjustable Long Shaft (2021 New)
yea, i believe my version is fiskers? first thing i found when they moved my shit cuz one of the movers thought it was a pickaxe (they just taped all my tools together in a bundle)

• 1Like

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
my bonus/den room is on top of my garage, i have no roof access to it, but it "sorta" connects?
20210714_110125.jpg

this is the attic to the main house and that little hole (where the light shines through is the front of the garage) is the bonus room.

i believe 2ply planks up from that hole is where the roofing material starts

is there any issue punching out a hole to either side of where the hvac ducts are? of course i won't cut the rafters, just want to remove plywood and fit my asian ass in there.

two purposes
1. i just want access, i have no idea why it's entirely closed up.
2. theres where my cable comes in, and i also have 2 huge closets in the bonus room and plan to make one of them a media/rack/security cam closet so i'll be running lots of wire through there.

Thaloc

Molten Core Raider
my bonus/den room is on top of my garage, i have no roof access to it, but it "sorta" connects?
View attachment 362655

this is the attic to the main house and that little hole (where the light shines through is the front of the garage) is the bonus room.

is there any issue punching out a hole to either side of where the hvac ducts are? of course i won't cut the rafters, just want to remove plywood and fit my asian ass in there.

two purposes
2. theres where my cable comes in, and i also have 2 huge closets in the bonus room and plan to make one of them a media/rack/security cam closet so i'll be running lots of wire through there.
No issues cutting into the plywood as long as you are certain you are not cutting into the roof.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
View attachment 362655

two purposes
Just make sure there isn’t anything above where you are cutting first, like wires or wasp nests.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
this has become my second fav home improvement channel

(first is home renovision diy, the canada guy)

i believe it's a son apprentice vlogging his dad, it's cute and the old man gives lots of tips like don't chisel with a hammer, chisel with a ball peen hammer cuz it's softer and it won't lead to chipping. (in this episode)

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Kithani

Blackwing Lair Raider
Bought a home and moving in this past few weeks... the front gate to the fence has about an 8 inch gap below the gate that I’d prefer to block up so my dogs can’t get out and other dogs can’t get in. It’s an iron gate with bars about 5 inches apart.

So far I’ve thought about ordering a small piece of plexiglass with holes and maybe attaching it to the bottom of the gate with zip ties but I’m curious if anyone else has thoughts? I can’t just put an actual new fence in due to the neighborhood rules I don’t think unfortunately.

Fucker

Log Wizard
this has become my second fav home improvement channel

(first is home renovision diy, the canada guy)

i believe it's a son apprentice vlogging his dad, it's cute and the old man gives lots of tips like don't chisel with a hammer, chisel with a ball peen hammer cuz it's softer and it won't lead to chipping. (in this episode)
Why wouldn't you chisel with a chisel?

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Bought a home and moving in this past few weeks... the front gate to the fence has about an 8 inch gap below the gate that I’d prefer to block up so my dogs can’t get out and other dogs can’t get in. It’s an iron gate with bars about 5 inches apart.

So far I’ve thought about ordering a small piece of plexiglass with holes and maybe attaching it to the bottom of the gate with zip ties but I’m curious if anyone else has thoughts? I can’t just put an actual new fence in due to the neighborhood rules I don’t think unfortunately.
Know anybody that welds? Just tack on some stock to extend the gate downwards. Paint it black after. You could probably do it yourself with a cheap chinese welder from Harbor Freight. And cut the new stock with a cheap Harbor Freight hand held gringer with a cutoff wheel.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>

do the rolling gate fix

mkopec

<Gold Donor>
Also as a side point I would never buy in a place that had stupid rules like this BS. Fuck them and their stupid neighborhood.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
went to HD, 121 bags of milorganite... in the other store 2miles away

wtf

too lazy to drive over and went to pick up a bag of this
fa4ff6dd20cabefdf5de663df57e8c83.png

it smells as shitty as milorganite

maybe i'll do frontyard this stuff backyard milorganite

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
In the middle of basement being finished. Added some really annoying chair rail in the stair well. So many angle cuts, took a lot longer than I thought it would.

8B841D88-BACA-49DF-A7D0-CC9A517A83AE.jpeg
6D147602-CBB3-4DC9-B346-07C86A619539.jpeg
5A8186D5-9419-4F1E-AD19-06D2F041DB08.jpeg

• 1Like

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Ha! It looks nice. However the bondo on the stair risers looks sketchy... ;)
Definitely. It’s still very early, it’ll all be nice in the end. I’ll post pics in a few weeks of the progress.

• 1Like