Home Improvement

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The fact that you need to have it doesn't mean it's not a racket. In the last 10 years I've paid $66,000 in health insurance premiums and only one time did I go over my $6000 deductible and it was by about $300 when I wrecked a 4-wheeler and spent a night in the ICU.

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Then get different insurance for major medical/catastrophic instead. Lots of ways to skin a cat.

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Blow Your Mind Wow GIF by Product Hunt

tl;dw: cutting technique can make your grinder cutting discs last 10x longer.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
The fact that you need to have it doesn't mean it's not a racket. In the last 10 years I've paid $66,000 in health insurance premiums and only one time did I go over my $6000 deductible and it was by about $300 when I wrecked a 4-wheeler and spent a night in the ICU.

You still benefit from rates negotiated by the insurance company even if you're paying under your deductible. Personally, I'm easily $100,000 ahead on my health insurance. I've had eight orthopedic surgeries. Much like this guy probably did:

• 2Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Quality Calories
Reactions: 3 users

McCheese

SW: Sean, CW: Crone, GW: Wizardhawk
Roof question.

I've got a shed in the backyard with a shingled roof. The other day I noticed a pretty large sheet of shingles fell off; it just slid down in one big chunk. I noticed there's another, smaller, sheet that looks like it's getting ready to slide off. I want to go up there and put the shingles back on. I've checked out some Youtube videos about roofing sheds, and it seems pretty straightforward.

Is it as simple as just getting a hammer, nails, and nailing them back onto the roof? Are there specific nails I should get?

Pictures:
roof - Copy.jpg

shingles - Copy.jpg

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Roof question.

I've got a shed in the backyard with a shingled roof. The other day I noticed a pretty large sheet of shingles fell off; it just slid down in one big chunk. I noticed there's another, smaller, sheet that looks like it's getting ready to slide off. I want to go up there and put the shingles back on. I've checked out some Youtube videos about roofing sheds, and it seems pretty straightforward.

Is it as simple as just getting a hammer, nails, and nailing them back onto the roof? Are there specific nails I should get?

Pictures:
It’s as easy as it looks. Get roofing nails and make sure they’re overlapped correctly and nail em in.

• 4Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Dandai

<WoW Guild Officer>
<Gold Donor>
Roof question.

Pictures:
Like Hateyou Hateyou said, it's easy. Use galvanized roofing nails and make sure the overlap is good so all the water runs over the top of each shingle on its path to the ground.

• 1Like

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
Gentlemen. I am one of those in Massachusetts without power still. Can someone tell me what generator to purchase? I need my PC, Couple lamps. Couple space heaters. Maybe a TV.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Gentlemen. I am one of those in Massachusetts without power still. Can someone tell me what generator to purchase? I need my PC, Couple lamps. Couple space heaters. Maybe a TV.
K-Tor power box IMPROVED! 20 watt pedal generator

• 1Mother of God

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
honestly if you are STILL w/o power, and you are planning to buy local (as in big box store) it's probably down to what is left and available, not what you want.

space heaters take a good amount of energy, maybe turn your pc around and have the hot air exhaust onto your feet while you game... no joke.

Borzak

Bronze Baron of the Realm
Just read that Hondas are backordered delayed due to shipping now so add Honda Generators to the list of can't get now. In your shoes I would take what is available and not be picky if there are still any locally for sale.

Brahma

Obi-Bro Kenobi-X
honestly if you are STILL w/o power, and you are planning to buy local (as in big box store) it's probably down to what is left and available, not what you want.

space heaters take a good amount of energy, maybe turn your pc around and have the hot air exhaust onto your feet while you game... no joke.

No rush really. It's from Amazon. Just need to know the Wattage I need.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
No rush really. It's from Amazon. Just need to know the Wattage I need.
A7EE345A-189D-4DA4-BA45-0E449173F351.jpeg

This image should help you figure it out. Also remind you of some important things you didn’t mention like the refrigerator. Click to enlarge it McGoo

Burren

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Replacement batteries are so expensive. I had no idea I'd be paying 110 for an 18v.

• 1Truth!

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Is Ryobi the new Dewalt or something?
They’re more like Craftsman and Kobalt. They all have their battery tool lines. A few people here are tied into Ryobi’s is all so deals on them get posted here.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Ryobi is made by the same company as Milwaukee. They're the homeowner version, kind of the Craftsman/Black and Decker equivalent where Milwaukee is pretty equivalent to DeWalt. This might have been posted before but it's interesting to see who makes what.

gallery-1506429411-pressha.jpg

• 8Like
Reactions: 7 users