Home Improvement

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I bought knock off batteries to replace my DeWalts that went bad after 8 years or so. So far they haven’t exploded and burned down my house.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Ryobi is made by the same company as Milwaukee. They're the homeowner version, kind of the Craftsman/Black and Decker equivalent where Milwaukee is pretty equivalent to DeWalt. This might have been posted before but it's interesting to see who makes what.

gallery-1506429411-pressha.jpg

yea the place that recommend beyond amazon/hd for ryobi is
directoolsoutlet, they actually are having a 25% ryobi sale now their stuff is labeled as "reconditioned" but thats just naming in truth it's just that a box got dinged or fell off a pallet, from home depot and it gets shipped there to resell.

theyre actually a TTI store and they have some physical stores and i found this out since they have a store in nashville. (you see see the pic BrutulTM BrutulTM linked for all tti products)

like many here i'm just in the ryobi ecosystem, to the point that i didn't even look at other electric mowers and just the ryobi mower cuz i'm already using their 40v system.

tbh if i had to rebuy garden tools, i would have gone completely with the ryobi 40v garden tool system instead of getting a few different brands and corded options.

• 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 user

Nija

<Silver Donator>
I’m very happy with the Milwaukee 18v line. Getting the chainsaw this week. Have used the weed eater to maintain my property. 12Ah and 8Ah batteries required though. I have the one with optional heads, and use the limb saw and hedger often. Hedger to clear thicker brush, not actual hedges.
I have yet to replace my 20v Dewalt impact and leaf blower, but will when they start dying. Same with my older 36v Dewalt stuff that’s still holding up - sawzall, circular saw, and a giant hammer drill. 12 years old at this point I think! One battery died last year unfortunately.

• 1Like

Blazin

Creative Title
<Nazi Janitors>
EGO not on chart. Love their yard tools, I have worked them probably harder than intended and they have really held up.

Use DeWalt for my hand tools

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
Lanx Lanx because you got me derailed talking about Klein...I think that Linesman pliers are probably one of the first things you buy. And the 9" linesman pliers are one of my favorites.

I don't get them with any of the bells or whistles. No crimp notch in the back.

I'm not sure if this is really useful for homeowners though.

But it's basically the Washington Queefblaster of pliers.

1636656157548.png

1636656709400.png

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Lanx Lanx because you got me derailed talking about Klein...I think that Linesman pliers are probably one of the first things you buy. And the 9" linesman pliers are one of my favorites.

View attachment 381754

View attachment 381758
I don’t care about the pliers, can you tell us more about this Washington Queefblaster?

• 4Worf
  • 1Like
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 5 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>

View attachment 381754

View attachment 381758
yea, my home tools are stanley cuz it's fucking yellow and easy to see and seem well made enough

but since i got the crimper and screwdriver from klein i might be switching over, if i lose the stanley linesman tool, i'll do a klein, but i don't even see myself using the linesman much since i switched over wago's and don't have to twist and wire nut.

i mean both feel high enough quality, i mean i'm sure for job specific things you have to stick with the best brand, like i had to open up a pipe and got some iron channellocks and they didn't budge so i got the brand channellocks and that was able to move shit.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I have 2 pairs of klein linesman pliers. Most electricians I know just call them "Kleins", even if they're a different brand. I have a craftsman pair as well and they get the job done, but the Kleins just feel so much better in your hand. Probably not worth the upgrade for something that mostly sits in a drawer, but if you use them often it definitely makes a difference.

Another pliers maker that I really like is Knipex. I have several sizes of their cobra pliers and pliers wrenches as well as their mini bolt cutters and they are excellent. The pliers wrench will make you never want to use a crescent wrench again. They're expensive. Made in Germany. But they're pretty great if you're into that sort of thing.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Wrenches. I don't really know any Germans but I suppose some people are into them.

• 1Worf

Falstaff

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Does anybody have leafguard gutters or something similar and like them? Our new house is surrounded by oak trees and I'm already sick of cleaning gutters and half the leaves haven't even fallen.

Oblio

Utah
<Gold Donor>
Does anybody have leafguard gutters or something similar and like them? Our new house is surrounded by oak trees and I'm already sick of cleaning gutters and half the leaves haven't even fallen.
Best Leaf Guard ever invented!

iu

• 1Like