Home Improvement

Larnix

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had one break this summer, a huge snap and the door slammed down. Happy the kids and the old deaf dog weren't outside.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
In for physics debate in home improvement thread.
naw, i'm still figuring out how i'm gonna rewire my lights that power the light first instead of going to the switch first, cuz i gotta put smart switches in the room. cuz right now i have smart bulbs, but these bulbs are fucking scary ass phantom bulbs that turn on in the middle of the night, and since theyre multicolor, some times they come on as fucking murder house red.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
naw, i'm still figuring out how i'm gonna rewire my lights that power the light first instead of going to the switch first, cuz i gotta put smart switches in the room. cuz right now i have smart bulbs, but these bulbs are fucking scary ass phantom bulbs that turn on in the middle of the night, and since theyre multicolor, some times they come on as fucking murder house red.
Did you order some random Chinese bullshit bulbs from Amazon?

Erronius

Macho Ma'am
<Gold Donor>
naw theyre sylvania

I'm assuming you have no neutral because you only have 1 constant hot and 1 switch leg at the switch. I'm assuming this is a somewhat older house? (most of the homes I've seen wired in the last 20-30 years, including ones I wired myself, had power brought to the switches first, so there's a neutral in the box)

I don't know what bulbs and switches you're trying to use, but your best option is probably to look for switches that don't need a neutral.

Otherwise your options aren't very good (rewiring the lights, or sketchy-ass shadetree 'cheating' that shouldn't be done)

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
I'm assuming you have no neutral because you only have 1 constant hot and 1 switch leg at the switch. I'm assuming this is a somewhat older house? (most of the homes I've seen wired in the last 20-30 years, including ones I wired myself, had power brought to the switches first, so there's a neutral in the box)

I don't know what bulbs and switches you're trying to use, but your best option is probably to look for switches that don't need a neutral.

Otherwise your options aren't very good (rewiring the lights, or sketchy-ass shadetree 'cheating' that shouldn't be done)
it's half and half the big rooms like mbr dining, etc have power to switch also all the bathrooms too (i'm assuming cuz they needed a point for the fan) but the minor bedrooms and 3way switches are all wired light first, 1992 built house.

yea i know about the no neutral switches, but they get impossible to find once you want features like occupancy sensor and 3way, just not done, heh.

Vinen

God is dead
Cleaned out my Garage for the first time in 3 years. Its detached. Need ideas for fun shit I can use it for. 2 car garage size and I'm going to turn 1 side of it into something.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
so i had all my screws in containers by thread...

and they all got loosed up during the move and i have a pile of screws

is this the best way?
00d2761144049bcf3d735c1973894c02.png

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
so i had all my screws in containers by thread...

and they all got loosed up during the move and i have a pile of screws

is this the best way?
00d2761144049bcf3d735c1973894c02.png
The best way is just buy new but if you really need to sort the mess then yeah, that or any other thread gauge will work.