Home Improvement

• Guest, it's time once again for the hotly contested and exciting FoH Asshat Tournament!

Go here and fill out your bracket!
    Who's been the biggest Asshat in the last year? Once again, only you can decide!

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Used an angle grinder flapdisk to sand them down, got one primed and painted.

tanks primed.jpg

Stapled up some grass matting and started putting in the bamboo:

walls.jpg

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
Reactions: 1 users

GuardianX

Perpetually Pessimistic
<Bronze Donator>
What's wrong with just smooth concrete in the garage?

I know in my case my garage LOOKS smooth but even with water on it, the floor still has some level of friction to it so you won't just slide around. if your concrete is perfectly smooth and new, water won't even have an ingress point on the surface and will just sit on the surface. When you just look at the water, it'll have a shine to it like it's sitting on Teflon. I had this effect in one place in my garage where the previous owner saturated the ground in car oil.

It basically causes your shoes to slip like you were standing on ice. Your feet generally won't slip on it but your shoes will.

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Have some pending repairs to my sprinklers so I've been manually turning them on/off. Forgot to turn off one of the zones before leaving for work today.... didn't find out until I was 5 minutes away on the way home in the evening. 🚽💰

lurker

Vyemm Raider
Have some pending repairs to my sprinklers so I've been manually turning them on/off. Forgot to turn off one of the zones before leaving for work today.... didn't find out until I was 5 minutes away on the way home in the evening. 🚽💰
Bummer. I realize you probably didn't think about it until you got home, but as part of your repairs, consider a Wi-Fi controller because if you had remembered at work, you could have shut it off.

Lanx

Oye Ve
<Prior Amod>
Bummer. I realize you probably didn't think about it until you got home, but as part of your repairs, consider a Wi-Fi controller because if you had remembered at work, you could have shut it off.
And eith wufi controller you can trubleshoot the sprinkler and turn on and off the zone right there instead of running to your garsge to turn it on or yelling at your kid wife

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

A5150Ylee

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
I used Armor Garage mil spec epoxy and it looks great. Been 6 years and nothing has peeled up or looks different. The HD kits are just cheap, and don't hold up, lots or reports of peeling up on hot tires. But prep the floors with acid wash, grinding, and crack sealing for a great finished product.

lurker

Vyemm Raider
And eith wufi controller you can trubleshoot the sprinkler and turn on and off the zone right there instead of running to your garsge to turn it on or yelling at your kid wife
Or your adult wife.

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

ToeMissile

Pronouns: zie/zhem/zer
<Gold Donor>
Yeah, have a Rachio that isn't installed yet. Some of my valves leak pretty decently so I've been using the cutoff for the whole system. Would have had to drive home to shut the sprinklers off, or called a neighbor.

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I started making the sign for the bar - the Kon Tiki Lounge.

Kon tiki lounge sign.jpg

the CO2 tanks turned out looking pretty nice. I wanted SCUBA stickers so I tried printing them out on adhesive paper but that didn't work very well, wouldn't stick to the paint. I'll wind up buying some real stickers.

20190811_100643.jpg

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
I had time to work on the trim. I needed something extra wide to cover the gap so I wound up making it myself out of 1x8 pine. I made a pattern out of cardboard, routed out the pattern over and over, ate a shit ton of sawdust and made a big mess in the driveway during the process. Burnt it all with the torch and then scrubbed it down, applied polyurethane and nailed it up. It wound up looking pretty good.

trim1.jpg

trim2.jpg

trim3.jpg

trim4.jpg

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

iannis

Musty Nester
I swear your cheeseburger in paradise garage is goofy as shit, but you're doing a very nice job with it at least.

• 1Solidarity

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hell no I have no real skills. I just love to build shit. When I remodeled our kitchen I saved our old formica island top for years, wasn't sure what I would do with it but I knew it was good for something. I wound up building a racing cockpit for VR and used it for the base.

HOTAS4.jpg

• 1Like