Home Improvement

Black_Death

Golden Knight of the Realm
Do you have any powerline adapters or other similar type networking gear plugged into that circuit. A friend of mine had a similar problem and found that certain adapters trip the arc protection on those breakers.

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Do you have any powerline adapters or other similar type networking gear plugged into that circuit. A friend of mine had a similar problem and found that certain adapters trip the arc protection on those breakers.

Negative

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Good afternoon, Mr. TJT. I hope this finds you and yours remaining well.

Thank you for your email and this additional information. Often times the company whose name appears on the Dish will remove it at no charge. That is one option for you here. Otherwise, your current Board is enforcing the CCRs, including satellite dishes. We can offer you thirty days to have it removed with no additional violations or fines for that period of time.

Please let me know how you would prefer to move forward. Have a very pleasant afternoon.

Thanks,
HOA Karen

I filled out their stupid architectural committee form and got this. Satellite dish are not in compliance at all so now I need to find out how to remove the dumbass thing. How are these things bolted down? What all do I need outside of a ladder? There's no label on it so her recommendation here isn't possible anyway.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I filled out their stupid architectural committee form and got this. Satellite dish are not in compliance at all so now I need to find out how to remove the dumbass thing. How are these things bolted down? What all do I need outside of a ladder? There's no label on it so her recommendation here isn't possible anyway.

It's attached to your eves up at the top of your house? Probably either screws or lag bolts. So you'll need a screwdriver (drill with a driver bit obviously preferable), probably #2 Philips, or you'll need a socket set to remove the lags. If you have neither, you can use a hack saw or a sawsall to cut the dish off and leave just the base attached to your house. Final option is crowbar the thing off, then repair the damage to your siding.

HOAs can really suck.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Here it is.

Attachments

• PXL_20210113_133000688.jpg
    PXL_20210113_133000688.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 24

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
looks like you'll need a few things if you want to do it right.

looks like they put the dish on your roof so they drilled and bolted through your shingles, heres a video

besides a ladder to reach up there, you'll need to reshingle your roof

or you can go ghetto and just fill in the holes w/ caulk

either way you'll need a few basic tools like caulk gun/hammer/ roofing nails a sharp utility blade.

it's probably bolted on tight so you'll need a decent socket wrench for leverage or if you have powertools (you should) a impact drill with a socket adapter should be enough to break it loose.

LachiusTZ

Rogue Deathwalker Box
<Silver Donator>
List your house for sale, pay the fine until you close.

Find some local punks to egg her house for 50$

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
looks like you'll need a few things if you want to do it right.

looks like they put the dish on your roof so they drilled and bolted through your shingles, heres a video

besides a ladder to reach up there, you'll need to reshingle your roof

or you can go ghetto and just fill in the holes w/ caulk

either way you'll need a few basic tools like caulk gun/hammer/ roofing nails a sharp utility blade.

it's probably bolted on tight so you'll need a decent socket wrench for leverage or if you have powertools (you should) a impact drill with a socket adapter should be enough to break it loose.
Look, I am not a handy person. Sweet lets buy $1000 of shit I will avoid using at every opportunity.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
I'd probably just take the bolts out, coat them with caulk, and put them back in (minus the dish of course) to plug the holes. Probably not going to cause problems especially since it's right at the edge of the roof.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Look, I am not a handy person. Sweet lets buy $1000 of shit I will avoid using at every opportunity.
then call a mobile handyman service

it's just like changing your own oil, you either change it yourself and have the jacks/pan/ wrenches or you goto jiffylube

or you sell your house and rent an apt and let the landlord take care of things

you either buy tools now to fix yourself or get a pro to do it

Deebo

Molten Core Raider
I used to install for Dish Network. If the installer installed it correctly they used "pitch patch" its a square piece of sealant that they put the lag bolts into and it help seals it in the roof. I recommend you just take the dish off the mount and leave the foot on the roof. That's the safest way to ensure it wont leak.

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Tholan

Blackwing Lair Raider
Befriend her on facebook
Write a X on her mailbox with chalk
Start rumors on facebook that people with X on their mailbox are about to be visited by burglars because of the low security
watch her spent $$ on security stuff.
Bonus point : sell her security stuff such as a NSA Satellite dish, barely used, mounting screws included

• 1Worf

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
Anybody here do HVAC? I have a question about an electric motor that opens and closes a damper on my two zone system.

TJT

Mr. Poopybutthole
<Gold Donor>
Got some dude to remove the stupid dish for $50 problem solved.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Uber Uberest

rdr^2
<Bronze Donator>
I’m a plumber. My HVAC knowledge is limited. But tag me if you like, I rarely check this forum.

• 1Like