Home Improvement

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Found this on marketplace today:

View attachment 345481

LMAO.

Does anybody know a good way to get rid of the smell of oil based paints? I have windows open, running HEPA filter on high 24/7, have tried slices of lime, bowls of white vinegar.
maybe try ozone?

25a869bcb618c9fcf2e039e1b14b5598.png

Enerzen Ozone Generator 6,000mg Industrial O3 Air Purifier Deodorizer Sterilizer (6,000mg - Black)

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
OK so what is the deal with these things, I have always been curious about them. Is the whole thing about ozone being deadly and these being dangerous a bunch of BS?
no, THIS ozone generator will kill you and any thing that breathes, when you use this, get the fuck out of the room, maybe even evac the house for a few hours.

this is not the ozone generated with hepa machines, this is like a few thousand times more.

but it'll destroy odors.

• 1Like

Attog

Blackwing Lair Raider
no, THIS ozone generator will kill you and any thing that breathes, when you use this, get the copulate out of the room, maybe even evac the house for a few hours.

this is not the ozone generated with hepa machines, this is like a few thousand times more.

but it'll destroy odors.
Jeezus you aren't joking, reading the warnings on this thing now, scary shit.

Fuck it, I ordered one. Was nice knowing you.

Last edited:
  • 1Solidarity

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
I have one, they are great. I run them in the car if we've done a long trip and eaten meals in it or whatever. I do it in my wood shop if I've been staining or polyurethaning for weeks on end. Or if I've been smoking cigars in the machine shop. Whatever. Odours totally disappear.

Edit: but yeah, don't run it while you're there. I will never run it in a building I'm spending time in. Set it to run while you're out for work or whatever.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Jeezus you aren't joking, reading the warnings on this thing now, scary excrement.

copulate it, I ordered one. Was nice knowing you.
my first time using it, i just turned it on full blast in the, car doesn't smell but i wanted to try it. half hour later i open the door and the first whiff i got, i practically dry heaved, and it was WAY too much for just a car, i rolled down the windows and ozone was still in the air and circulating the garage for the weekend.

but the car does smell like nothing/neutral.

now whenever i use it, when i go back in the room i take like a full minute of yoga breaths and run in with my mouth closed, lulz.

• 1Like

Alasliasolonik

Toilet of the Mod Elect
<Banned>
my first time using it, i just turned it on full blast in the, car doesn't smell but i wanted to try it. half hour later i open the door and the first whiff i got, i practically dry heaved, and it was WAY too much for just a car, i rolled down the windows and ozone was still in the air and circulating the garage for the weekend.

but the car does smell like nothing/neutral.

now whenever i use it, when i go back in the room i take like a full minute of yoga breaths and run in with my mouth closed, lulz.
Global warming says THANKS A BUNCH

• 1Worf
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

Fogel

Mr. Poopybutthole
Ozone might not work. Ozone eliminates odors by killing bacteria, but not sure if it would work on chemical based odors.

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
Ozone might not work. Ozone eliminates odors by killing bacteria, but not sure if it would work on chemical based odors.
Do they have a smaller version that would fit in my ass? Asking for my wife’s sake.

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
Just superglue a condom to your asshole and then when it fills up you can use it to roast a marshmallow or something.

• 2Worf
  • 1Barf
Reactions: 2 users

Cupcaek

Molten Core Raider
So I know nothing about home stuff or basic repair things but evidently a squirrel or something ate the backside of my house. It’s on the corner that is pretty much only visible from my neighbors yard due to the fence and why I never noticed it till recently.
Checked out the area and nothing is currently living in it. Pissed on it and threw some some chemical repellent stuff in it for now. But how do I fix something like that? Do I just need to replace that whole long piece of siding? And then for the future how do I keep animals away from that?

FB07083A-B7D4-4B19-A7B2-1B024C8C6838.jpeg

Hateyou

Not Great, Not Terrible
<Bronze Donator>
So I know nothing about home stuff or basic repair things but evidently a squirrel or something ate the backside of my house. It’s on the corner that is pretty much only visible from my neighbors yard due to the fence and why I never noticed it till recently.
Checked out the area and nothing is currently living in it. Pissed on it and threw some some chemical repellent stuff in it for now. But how do I fix something like that? Do I just need to replace that whole long piece of siding? And then for the future how do I keep animals away from that?

View attachment 347203
Just keep pissing on it. Eventually it will harden like sap and seal it shut.

• 2Worf
  • 2Like
Reactions: 3 users

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Yeah, either replace the whole piece, or live with the hole.

Live with the hole. Go ahead FOH. Make the jokes.

• 1Like

BrutulTM

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun.
<Silver Donator>
The redneck fix would be to fill it with expanding foam and then paint the foam to match.

• 1Like
  • 1Solidarity
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Aychamo BanBan

<Banned>
Fucking hell I literally picked the worst time in human history to look at building a house....

LBS

0bmwB-lumber-price-per-thousand-board-feet-1-1.png

Lumber prices are up a staggering 188%—when will the wood shortage end?

I know you know this, but just to expand. It’s not just lumber. It’s concrete, sheet rock, shingles, and worst of all, labor. Very facet of building a house is more expensive.

I was about to close on a small lot to build a rental property and called my contractor friend and he said no way, he couldn’t build the most basic little house (like literally Sheetrock, pre-assembled cabinets) for barely under $200/sqft. He had several older houses for sale that he couldn’t even have built for the price he’s selling them for now.

It really happened in real time with the pandemic. I had work done on my house last year when this was all starting and my contractor would come every day and was in shock with how much a sheet of plywood cost that day.

For anyone looking to build: stop. Save your money. Be happy in what you are in.

• 1Solidarity