Home Improvement

Captain Suave

Caesar si viveret, ad remum dareris.
Anyone have a recommendation for a wifi-enabled sprinkler controller? I've been doing some research but it seems most of the products on market have pain points that I'm not sure how I'd react to.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Anyone have a recommendation for a wifi-enabled sprinkler controller? I've been doing some research but it seems most of the products on market have pain points that I'm not sure how I'd react to.

I bought a Rachio. I like it. It seemed to do a good job last year with weather/soil moisture level automatically if you set it up properly.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i had the bhyve in previous house, worked great, if i for some reason put in in ground sprinklers in this house i would use a wyze controller, mainly b/c my whole house is wyze so less apps to fuss about

lurker

Vyemm Raider
I have the Orbit b-Hyve. Had it for about 4-5 years. Works well and the app is always being improved. Can't say it's better or worse than any other but when I was part-timing at Lowes and selling them, regardless of the brand, the biggest issue people had was installing them where the wifi signal was weak. Make sure you have a good signal where the controller will be.

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
This was a new one for me just a few minutes ago. I have an eviction thats dragging out the full length. I have to call the Sheriffs office to tell them I still need their services on the day of the forceful eviction. I called this morning and they said the landlord cancelled the eviction yesterday. .. It didnt work, as Im still meeting the Sheriff at 10:30. But the fact that the Sheriffs office didnt even try to verify that with me is next level stupidity.

• 1Wow!
  • 1WTF
Reactions: 1 users

Daidraco

New LVP flooring: lifeproof from HD or smartcore from Lowe's?
I've never bought smartcore, but Ive done new floors in Life Proof over a few rentals and its held up extremely well. These are my own rentals, not managed ones - so it was my choice. I think the prettiest one Ive installed was the Barrington Bamboo. Super chocolate, against an ultra white, looked fantastic. Super easy to install, also. My guy wanted around 2 bucks a square foot, and Im sure thats more than fair - but fuck, I did an entire level in it in one day.

Oh, and you dont need a liner to go down before it. Whether its an upstairs room, or a basement room. Just as long as the floor is level - if not, use leveling compound and its a cinch. Also, outside of super deep gashes - the floor doesnt show a billion scratches from traffic like some of the older stuff Ive seen does.

Khane

Got something right about marriage
I have LVP in my rental as well, can confirm its sturdy as hell and can stand up to tenant beatings

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
i'm trying this w/ my backyard, it's completely wrecked and bare cuz of the weeds (now dead)

i'm using tall fescue cuz i just want it to fucking grow (kbg takes too fucking long) (speaking of kbg, my front lawn that i seeded 3weeks ago is finally starting to show seedlings)
i started this w/ 3 buckets of 7lbs seed each on friday, in a day or 2 i should be getting to spreading

Palum

what Suineg set it to
i'm trying this w/ my backyard, it's completely wrecked and bare cuz of the weeds (now dead)

i'm using tall fescue cuz i just want it to fucking grow (kbg takes too fucking long) (speaking of kbg, my front lawn that i seeded 3weeks ago is finally starting to show seedlings)
i started this w/ 3 buckets of 7lbs seed each on friday, in a day or 2 i should be getting to spreading

Oh I'm def gonna do this for a few patches this year. Seems like a no brainer. Not going to bother with overseeding though.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Bought all my lawn shit but had to keep going out of town for family issues. Definitely gonna try this, though. That black beauty stuff was tempting but my wallet said no, so cheap fescue again it is.

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Bought all my lawn shit but had to keep going out of town for family issues. Definitely gonna try this, though. That black beauty stuff was tempting but my wallet said no, so cheap fescue again it is.

Cheap seed makes shit grass.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Cheap seed makes shit grass.

You’re not wrong, but can only afford so much these days. Shit I still need to buy a goddamn radon fan so we don’t die of cancer. I don’t even have blinds on all my windows yet, and we’ve been here almost two years.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
You’re not wrong, but can only afford so much these days. Shit I still need to buy a goddamn radon fan so we don’t die of cancer. I don’t even have blinds on all my windows yet, and we’ve been here almost two years.
blinds are overrated, when you catch that peeping tom, confront them and make him pay for your blinds, win/win

• 3Worf
Reactions: 2 users

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
if you need milorganite i would buy it now while it's cheap and out of season, i paid 24 for a bag, i remember paying 32 in the summer last year

Goatface

This was a new one for me just a few minutes ago. I have an eviction thats dragging out the full length. I have to call the Sheriffs office to tell them I still need their services on the day of the forceful eviction. I called this morning and they said the landlord cancelled the eviction yesterday. .. It didnt work, as Im still meeting the Sheriff at 10:30. But the fact that the Sheriffs office didnt even try to verify that with me is next level stupidity.
how did it go?

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Daidraco

how did it go?
My experience with evictions rarely go as far as this one did. They usually get out in that waiting period the Sheriff gives them. This one was rather drama free, though. He texted me a few minutes after I wrote that on the forum asking for more time to move his stuff out, and had to work that morning. I didnt respond as I was still annoyed at what he did. We all showed up together somehow, four deputies and myself. Of course, this habitual liar wasnt at work. As we're doing a walkthrough of the residence together, theyre joking between themselves "Oh, is this the one where "someone" impersonated the landlord?" and they were laughing and joking about it. As we go back outside, they ask when I was going to have his stuff removed. I told them that my movers will be over at 4 and all his stuff should be on the curb by 6. The ex-tenant turned to the deputy and said "I have to work this evening, can I just get my stuff tomorrow?" and the deputy asked if that was ok. Obviously, I said no. But the fact that he even told the cop he was going to work that evening, made me roll my eyes in frustration. The most satisfying bit was that while I was back at the office, my helper called me up and told me it had started raining and asked if I wanted to give him a tarp. You can guess my response.

I deal with the dregs of society quite a bit, and it generally doesnt bother me. But I wont lie and say that the shit doesnt make me more racist every single time I run into these situations. Dont get me wrong, there are definitely some shitty ass white people. But the number of occurrences is vastly skewed in the other direction.

Lanx

<Prior Amod>
Oh I'm def gonna do this for a few patches this year. Seems like a no brainer. Not going to bother with overseeding though.
main takeaways i've researched is soak for 24/ take out for 12, do not reuses the water (b/c it looks wasteful) but pour it away b/c seeds release toxins when germinating (or something like that) and that much concentration will kill your existing lawn.

i'm on day 6 and still no "sprouts" 3, 7lbs bags of pennington tall fescue.