Homesteading and Hobby Farm/Ranch

The_Black_Log Foler

Stock Pals Senior Vice President
<Gold Donor>
Looks like a decent trailer/setup. I"m waiting for a recession before I buy any more equipment, I want to see some real desperation of I need to feed my kids in their eyes. Just done with the pricing, trailers like these have gone up 30-40% percent
Not to get off topic here but do you really think that’ll be any time soon? I’ve been hearing this “we’re in a recession right now” thing on this very forum for maybe almost 2 years now. But you’re right, that would be a hell of a time to do implement, trailer and equipment shopping…

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Hey Dirk. Just to clarify - I assume you mean drag harrows? I haven’t researched them much other than seeing someone say they use them to tear up grass before planting. I know there are disc harrows but I don’t think that is what you are referring to(?)

Yeah, drag harrows. Run it a dozen times and you're going to level out anything.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Palum

what Suineg set it to
Looks like a decent trailer/setup. I"m waiting for a recession before I buy any more equipment, I want to see some real desperation of I need to feed my kids in their eyes. Just done with the pricing, trailers like these have gone up 30-40% percent
Lightning Lord Rule Lightning Lord Rule why isn't weirdest boner reaction an option in the grown up threads god damnit

• 1Like
  • 1Worf
Reactions: 1 users

Control

Ahn'Qiraj Raider
Ummm, it's immature
love and hip hop lhhmia GIF by VH1

• 3Solidarity
Reactions: 2 users

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
1700434103846.png
1700434152261.png

Not the best pics but wanted to get in out of the rain, certainly doesn't take up too much room, I cropped out quite a bit of the shop due to embarassment over shit i still havn't unpacked and organized.

Cant seem to get it into the slowest setting/gear. Old neighbor my dad got it from liked to leave it outside so plenty faded etc for a only like 6-7 year old tractor. Forget hours but pretty low like 25? MF 1736

Hydro pedals a little cramped for my shoe size as theres kinda a hump by them, so i kinda got to really crook my toe in or i hit both pedals at once.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
View attachment 501090View attachment 501091

Not the best pics but wanted to get in out of the rain, certainly doesn't take up too much room, I cropped out quite a bit of the shop due to embarassment over shit i still havn't unpacked and organized.

Cant seem to get it into the slowest setting/gear. Old neighbor my dad got it from liked to leave it outside so plenty faded etc for a only like 6-7 year old tractor. Forget hours but pretty low like 25? MF 1736

Hydro pedals a little cramped for my shoe size as theres kinda a hump by them, so i kinda got to really crook my toe in or i hit both pedals at once.
You can’t switch it into lowest gear?

When it’s in neutral, tap the acceleration/go forward/backward whatever pedal, try shifting again, rinse and repeat. This is the nature of HST. Gotta get it aligned in gear based transfer case. You tap that pedal and it turns the gear, hopefully to align so you can shift.

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
View attachment 501090View attachment 501091

Change your fluid and sit and pump the pedal for a couple minutes. It'll make all the difference.

Sludig

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Change your fluid and sit and pump the pedal for a couple minutes. It'll make all the difference.
Guess 250 hours roughly, unknown maintenance by the old neighbor that had owned it, so I'm planning oil, grease, air filter oil filter, maybe fuel filter, and. hydro gear oil or whatever type it takes though have to be after I recover from my disc replacement

• 1Like

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Guess 250 hours roughly, unknown maintenance by the old neighbor that had owned it, so I'm planning oil, grease, air filter oil filter, maybe fuel filter, and. hydro gear oil or whatever type it takes though have to be after I recover from my disc replacement
Sigh, he probably has me on ignore. Someone tell him to pump the pedal in neutral to get gears to align.

The_Black_Log Foler

<Gold Donor>
Kiroy Kiroy lurkingdirk lurkingdirk or anyone else who has done solarizarion/used silageI bought clear mil 6 plastic tarp after doing some research on solarization. I’ve probably laid 100x55ft area using a mix of landscape staples and logs to hold down.

Now I do more research and UF IFAS for example is saying you need to bury ends to make it air tight and ideally do in summer when sun is most extreme. On the other hand a see a large group of people using black silage tarps..

I still have quite a bit more to go and it’s not too late to return the rest and switch to black. My goal is to kill the Bahia grass/weeds in preparation for planting my fruit trees. Thoughts?

lurkingdirk

AssHat Taint
<Medals Crew>
Kiroy Kiroy lurkingdirk lurkingdirk or anyone else who has done solarizarion/used silageI bought clear mil 6 plastic tarp after doing some research on solarization. I’ve probably laid 100x55ft area using a mix of landscape staples and logs to hold down.

Now I do more research and UF IFAS for example is saying you need to bury ends to make it air tight and ideally do in summer when sun is most extreme. On the other hand a see a large group of people using black silage tarps..

I still have quite a bit more to go and it’s not too late to return the rest and switch to black. My goal is to kill the Bahia grass/weeds in preparation for planting my fruit trees. Thoughts?

Burying the ends does indeed make it work better/faster. But if you have big-assed tree trunks that you can move with your tractor that will work, too. If you're looking for solarization you need to use clear plastic. If you use black plastic it's called Occultation, and it takes longer. Even in the colder weather it should work within 2 months. You want to monitor it though. If you do it for too long you kill all the worms etc. in the soil, and it will take time to create a new, healthy biosphere in that area.

• 1Like