Honkai Star Rail

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm having insane luck.

Seele on pity, Lightning Guy on 10 pulls, Silver Wolf on 40 pulls.

Think I'm just saving for Kefka now for Waifu reasons and already have enough for 1 pity.

Silver Wolf seems REALLY GOOD since she can apply weakness, especially with Seele since they are the same element so the chance of Quantum increases. Eventually you'll be able to make an all Quantum team and treat non Quantum enemies as Quantum weak which will help in endgame content.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
Hit Clara around 30 rolls, losing the 50/50, working my way back up around 50 atm. Not even mad, Clara looks really fun and I should still be able to get SW in time.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
SW's banner is absolute ass. Unless you really want her, I wouldn't throw that many pulls at it.

Dalc

Molten Core Raider
Having trouble deciding E4 Seele,E0 S2 Bronya, E3 Ting, E0 Bailu vs Seele, Bronya, e0 Swolf, Bailu.

The latter team is just super skill point hungry, I can't fit SW in for anything. Think I'm sticking with Seele,Bron,Ting,Bail as my hypercarry. Already kind of built SW, guess she'll be for some other team comp later.

Not sure if SW outpaces Ting anyway as a direct replacement in that first team. But still, the lack of skill points seems tough to beat compared to adding quant weakness (which is 50/50 at best)

Last edited:

Staberinde

Trakanon Raider
Your latter team has 5 characters in it which might make it more skill hungry :). SW however I would say is a skill point positive character. Her skill applies a debuff for 2 enemy turns. Because it is enemy turns, this can translate into 3+ of your characters turns if you have a speedy team or your breaking weakness a lot (SW will make this happen much more). So she In practice will often only need to use a skill point every 3 turns.

As for SW quantum weakness being 50/50 at best, if im reading you right (in that you think its at best a 50% chance to inflict quantum weakness) then I think you might be misunderstanding how the ability works. It adds a weakness of an ally's type that it is not currently weak to. This means you can often guarantee 100% application of the desired weakness depending on how you build your team (assuming you have enough effect hit rating) .
  • Example: Enemy is weak to Wind and Lighning. Bring Bronya, Bailu, SW and Seele. Since wind/lightning weakness is already applied your guaranteed to apply Quantum weakness.
SW can also enable non quantum mono teams if they already began with quantum weakness to guarantee the desired weakness for rest of the team
  • Example: Enemy is weak to Quantum:
    • Mono Frost team - SW, Gepard, Pela, Yanqing
    • Mono Physical - SW, Clara, Natasha, Sushang
    • Mono Lightning - SW, Jing Yuan, Tingyun, Bailu
    • Mono Fire - SW, Himeko, Asta, Fire MC
    • Mono Imaginary - SW, Welt, Luocha, Yukong
In short I would say SW is one of the most flexible characters when it comes to team comps which is very highly valued. I'd say her main weaknesses are that shes not great for area effect or the daily grind through the overworld but currently that content is pretty much a face roll anyway even with average teams.

Last edited:

Chris

Potato del Grande
This isn't going to be a game of preset meta teams like Genshin, where you need certain combos for elemental reactions.

This is going to be a game of mixing and matching characters to get x4 matching the enemies weakness.

What Silver Wolf does is reduce the number needed to match weakness in two scenarios:
1) On a Quantum weak enemy, you can bring up to three characters of the same non weak element since Silver Wolf will add it.
2) On a non Quantum weak enemy, if you have three characters with weak elements you can bring Silver Wolf as she will add her own weakness.

The strongest combo is Silver Wolf and Seele because you need 2 not 3 characters in my example above.

Eg if an enemy is Fire+Lightning weak, you can bring 1 Fire, 1 Lightning character with Seele+Silver Wolf and now there's 100% to add Quantum.

Eg if an enemy is Quantum+Ice weak, you can bring Seele+Silver Wolf, 1 Ice and 1 Imaginary character and now there's 100% chance to add imaginary.

TLDR: Silver Wolf means you don't need to level 4 characters of an enemy's weak element, just 3. If you have Seele too then you just need to level 2. Once we have 4 Quantum then that team will be able to beat anything.

Uriel

Blackwing Lair Raider
My goal is to make a full quantum team eventually, Seele + SW, then Hanabi (skill point generator + buffer) + Fu Xuan (tank who soaks damage for team to increase her damage).

Dalc

Molten Core Raider
Your latter team has 5 characters in it which might make it more skill hungry :). SW however I would say is a skill point positive character. Her skill applies a debuff for 2 enemy turns. Because it is enemy turns, this can translate into 3+ of your characters turns if you have a speedy team or your breaking weakness a lot (SW will make this happen much more). So she In practice will often only need to use a skill point every 3 turns.

As for SW quantum weakness being 50/50 at best, if im reading you right (in that you think its at best a 50% chance to inflict quantum weakness) then I think you might be misunderstanding how the ability works. It adds a weakness of an ally's type that it is not currently weak to. This means you can often guarantee 100% application of the desired weakness depending on how you build your team (assuming you have enough effect hit rating) .
  • Example: Enemy is weak to Wind and Lighning. Bring Bronya, Bailu, SW and Seele. Since wind/lightning weakness is already applied your guaranteed to apply Quantum weakness.
SW can also enable non quantum mono teams if they already began with quantum weakness to guarantee the desired weakness for rest of the team
  • Example: Enemy is weak to Quantum:
    • Mono Frost team - SW, Gepard, Pela, Yanqing
    • Mono Physical - SW, Clara, Natasha, Sushang
    • Mono Lightning - SW, Jing Yuan, Tingyun, Bailu
    • Mono Fire - SW, Himeko, Asta, Fire MC
    • Mono Imaginary - SW, Welt, Luocha, Yukong
In short I would say SW is one of the most flexible characters when it comes to team comps which is very highly valued. I'd say her main weaknesses are that shes not great for area effect or the daily grind through the overworld but currently that content is pretty much a face roll anyway even with average teams.
Whoops, edited. Thanks for your reply!

Chris

Potato del Grande
Finally got the next world level and working on maxxing Seele to lv80 now. Let the grind begin!

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Finally got the next world level and working on maxxing Seele to lv80 now. Let the grind begin!

Just hit that the other day. Been focusing on my main team the whole time and got them and all light cones to 80 but man grinding for traces takes forever. Plus iv been neglecting relics.

Chris

Potato del Grande
I'm having insane luck.

Seele on pity, Lightning Guy on 10 pulls, Silver Wolf on 40 pulls.
Luocha on 20 pulls. What the FUCK is happening?

That's FOUR 50/50 rolls won and THREE well below pity.

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I had 30 passes, got each of the four stars. My Pela must be like E12 at this point.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Big pull.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230628_140103_HonkaiStarRail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230628_140103_HonkaiStarRail.jpg
    305.1 KB · Views: 23

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Finally pulled Luocha after 4 10 pulls. Had almost 16000 jade saved over all the past events. Only threw 1 10er at Silverwolf. Contemplating throwing 1-2 10 pulls for his light cone, but I know that the light cone banners are a trap. I also ended up getting the Imaginary harmony chick as well.

Excited to finally be able to start clearing MoC more reliably now that I finally have 2 healers.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I had gone for SW’s E1, got Yanqing instead who I’ve really been enjoying. Had E6d Dan and Serval doing that, so didn’t feel bad, and guaranteed myself a quick Luocha. Also threw a couple of 10 pulls on his LC banner, but no luck. The saving begins again (is it Kafka or Blade next?).

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
I had gone for SW’s E1, got Yanqing instead who I’ve really been enjoying. Had E6d Dan and Serval doing that, so didn’t feel bad, and guaranteed myself a quick Luocha. Also threw a couple of 10 pulls on his LC banner, but no luck. The saving begins again (is it Kafka or Blade next?).

According to the leaks Blade is next.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user