Honkai Star Rail

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Luocha is just straight busted. I've been blasting through MoC. I just need to focus on getting better relics to 3 star instead of 2.

CaughtCross

Vyemm Raider
Just did the Yanqing quest that just came out. Definitey saving jade for pulls on Jingliu when she comes out after seeing her character.

Staberinde

Trakanon Raider
Some codes from 1.2 special program today that expire in 24 hours:

Redeem page
7B6B7GBZTVTB
MSPT7HAZTCTX
5TPBPGAGBDAK

300 Stellar Jade (Almost 2 pulls)
4 x Purple Lightcone XP (6,000 Lightcone EXP each)
4 x Purple Character XP (20k EXP each)
50,000 Credits

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
0/5 on Blade so far. I'm going to give it one more pull when we get the final 3 "free" passes and then save the rest for Kafka.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
0/5 on Blade so far. I'm going to give it one more pull when we get the final 3 "free" passes and then save the rest for Kafka.

Yeah I fucked up on this one. Day before the banner, I was sitting at 14 pity and figured I used all of the 4*s that were on Luocha’s banner and none of the ones on Blade’s. Sounds like a great argument for pre-building some pity. 2 10-pulls later and I got another Luocha. Whoops. I know, I know, building pity is stupid.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Yeah I fucked up on this one. Day before the banner, I was sitting at 14 pity and figured I used all of the 4*s that were on Luocha’s banner and none of the ones on Blade’s. Sounds like a great argument for pre-building some pity. 2 10-pulls later and I got another Luocha. Whoops. I know, I know, building pity is stupid.
Luocha is super busted though, so it wasn't the worst pull.

Blade seems good but not too insane. So, if I can't pull him in my next pull, I'm ok with "missing" out on him. It just sucks because I have absolute garbage wind chars. No Sampo and no Bronya.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Luocha is super busted though, so it wasn't the worst pull.

Blade seems good but not too insane. So, if I can't pull him in my next pull, I'm ok with "missing" out on him. It just sucks because I have absolute garbage wind chars. No Sampo and no Bronya.

Yeah, I honestly have no clue where I’d actually slot Blade, but he seemed fun so I wouldn’t mind having him. I’ll pull until whatever 5* I end up with and then just save after that. Dan’s been taking care of my wind coverage just fine so far, though he is E6.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
I'm at like 80 something pity for Blade banner, but after using a few him a few times via support characters I don't really care that much if I end up with him. I do want 2 more Sushangs to E6 so hopefully I get lucky there. Likely skipping Kafka since my Jing is already L80/maxxed traces and already have Arlan/Serval at L70/L8 traces. Currently have every character aside from Seele/Silverwolf so my quantum is weak af. Wish they'd toss Seele back in ;[

Edit:

Screenshot_20230721_185221_HonkaiStarRail.jpg

Last edited:
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
I'm at like 80 something pity for Blade banner, but after using a few him a few times via support characters I don't really care that much if I end up with him. I do want 2 more Sushangs to E6 so hopefully I get lucky there. Likely skipping Kafka since my Jing is already L80/maxxed traces and already have Arlan/Serval at L70/L8 traces. Currently have every character aside from Seele/Silverwolf so my quantum is weak af. Wish they'd toss Seele back in ;[

Edit:

View attachment 483529
How can you see your pity chance on blade? And what's the pity for 5*? Is it 100?

Staberinde

Trakanon Raider
Hard pity is at 90, but soft pity starts at 70 where the drop chance begins to rise significantly so it is rare to go above 80.

You can check how far you are through pity by going to the character banner and selecting "View Details>Records". 5 Pulls per page, Navigate to the page you got your last 5* and you should be able to do the math from there.

Alternatively you can use a site like Star Rail Station to import your data and they'll parse all your pulls into a much more readable format letting you see how close to pity you got for all your 5*s and 4*s as well as how often youve won your 50/50s.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Got Blade after about 80 rolls, so no insane luck this time. I have won four 50/50s in a row though lol.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Anyone else feel like the audio mix after the patch changed a bit? Haven't touched my sound settings on PC, but now I can't hear voice for shit and sounds are extra loud (except for Serval's ult which used to blast out my subwoofer and now doesn't).

Lenas

Trump's Staff
I have had shit luck with all but Seele. I have like 30 passes saved ATM but not sure I want to pull for either Blade or Kafka.

1690081231319.png

Last edited:

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
The rate up gods have blessed me so far. Despite my pity-build fuck up, got Blade. Realized I didn't have shit for light cones for destruction and I had a little bit of pity built on the LC banner because I'm stupid, so pulled and got his LC as well. Finally hit pity again on standard banner, as well, and was stoked as shit to see 5* preservation pop up. Sadly was a dupe Geppie and not his LC. Oh well, bought it from the exchange and now I can shimmy Landau's Choice over to FireMC now. A productive night.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande
Thoughts on Kafka? I just want her for the waifu factor but she's a dot combo enabler and I don't really use dot units...

I have enough for pity but no way I win 50/50 a 5th time, thinking I should dave for Fu Xuan. Seele/Silver Wolf annihilate everything and I only have 1 tank, so a Quantum Tank would be amazing.

That being said, Luocha can solo heal without needing a tank...

Staberinde

Trakanon Raider
Thoughts on Kafka? I just want her for the waifu factor but she's a dot combo enabler and I don't really use dot units...
If you have Seele, Jing Yuan and Blade already then you don't "need" another dps. Heard some say you can use Kafka as a hypercarry dps without other dot sub dps classes but then shes just another DPS class at that point, but at least you dont have to invest as much for her. Unless your considering going for Blades weapon banner I'd just wait to see what the reviews say a few weeks into her banner.

You might want to consider Blade's weapon banner. His Signature weapon at S1 is about 30% more dps than his next best S1 light cone. Weapon banners are 75% to get featured 5* (Rather than 50/50 for 5* characters). Means less characters but you might consider that a good thing if your struggling to gear up what you already have.

I've been very unlucky on early 5* pulls but at least im about average on my 50/50 win rate, so I've gotten all the 5 stars i wanted so far.
starrailstation-warp-11 (2).png

Consider myself lucky on my standard pool 5*s. I've so far gotten 3*Bronya (bought her 5* Lightcone also), 1*Clara, 1*Welt and 1*Lightcone (Bailu's). Only thing I feel im missing out on is Gepard, TingYung and a decent LC for Blade. Managed to clear Memory of Chaos 10 for first time last week at 24 stars even though my artifacts suck. Plan to spend next banner or two gearing up the characters I already have up to a decent level.

Last edited:

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
If you have Seele, Jing Yuan and Blade already then you don't "need" another dps. Heard some say you can use Kafka as a hypercarry dps without other dot sub dps classes but then shes just another DPS class at that point, but at least you dont have to invest as much for her. Unless your considering going for Blades weapon banner I'd just wait to see what the reviews say a few weeks into her banner.
Yeah, I have all 3 of those so I'm not sure where Kafka really fits. Especially since I'm not a huge fan of DOT DPS.

As much as I don't want to, I think I might pull for Blade's Light Cone. I'm really liking him more than I thought and his Light Cones outside his signature are pretty shitty. I'll probably throw 1 or 2 customary 10ers at Kafka and then pull 5ish times for Blade's LC.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
It took 40 pulls, but I got Blade's light cone. Also "lucked" out and got Bailu's as well during those, which I guess ends up being "decent"ish for Luocha since I don't have his 5*(and don't have Bailu).

Blade is an absolute fucking monster fully kitted out. I'm still missing some 5* relics on him (I only have 4* gloves and chest), but goddamn he's a powerhouse with Luocha. I can't even imagine how insane he'd be if I had a Bronya as well.

• 1Like

Chris

Potato del Grande

Goddam I have no need of this character but the voice, the attitude and the cameltoe corset just does it for me.