Honkai Star Rail

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
I guess where should I be getting my DPS’ traces to before I swap over to spending TB power on relic farming? I sort of stopped between when stuff started costing epic mats and when they start costing tracks of destiny but not sure if maxing those is better than trying to get some better gear pieces.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Pretty cool site. My Seele's Planar Sphere is fuckin' BUSSIN..

1692238550654.png

• 1Weird Boner
  • 1Like
Reactions: 1 users

darkmiasma

Trakanon Raider
I guess where should I be getting my DPS’ traces to before I swap over to spending TB power on relic farming? I sort of stopped between when stuff started costing epic mats and when they start costing tracks of destiny but not sure if maxing those is better than trying to get some better gear pieces.

You're good to leave your traces at 5/8/8/8 for your characters - it's minimal gains to get higher than that, and you'd be better off farming something else or leveling up another character most of the time.

• 1Like
Reactions: 1 user

Chris

Potato del Grande
Jesus Christ, had Kafka at lv60 and she was doing so much more damage than Jing Yuan at lv70 it was ridiulous. She just murders everything WITHOUT OTHER DOT CHARACTERS.

I used the lv80 trial version in the event with trial Sampo and trial Asta and it was pretty fucking good shredding sheilds then exploding all the dots. I need to level Sampo and finish off Asta...

I think she's in the same S+ tier as Seele with Blade being a little bit behind them, then the rest far below that.

It's also nice that the event gives you most of the upgrade materials you need for her traces.

Staberinde

Trakanon Raider
Livestream codes available for 24hours. 300 Stellar Jade and some basic resources

LANPVGET8HFT
BA7NCHFA9HWX
ASN6CHXBRHW3

• 3Like
Reactions: 2 users

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Pulled Kafka and then immediately pulled her light cone in one 10 pull. Haven't played since launch really so only up to lvl 70, but now rockin Bailu, Kafka, Seele and Bronya/Jing Yuan depending on the content. Bummed I missed Silver and really bummed I missed Luocha but here we are. Still a fun game to dicker around in

Springbok

Karen
<Gold Donor>
Wow, you have a good roster though - I don't have any of the characters you pulled.
Yeah I chunked $100 in at launch (I'm a degen gambler) then got busy with other shit so haven't fleshed out any relics worth a damn and don't have great cones on anyone but Kafka/Seele. Was lucky at launch as first big pull was Bronya then got lucky with Seele. Other pulls were just kind of random.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Jesus Christ, had Kafka at lv60 and she was doing so much more damage than Jing Yuan at lv70 it was ridiulous. She just murders everything WITHOUT OTHER DOT CHARACTERS.

I used the lv80 trial version in the event with trial Sampo and trial Asta and it was pretty fucking good shredding sheilds then exploding all the dots. I need to level Sampo and finish off Asta...

I think she's in the same S+ tier as Seele with Blade being a little bit behind them, then the rest far below that.

It's also nice that the event gives you most of the upgrade materials you need for her traces.
Trial characters are not a good representation of how a character performs realistically though. They purposely crack them out to entice you to spend money/roll for them. Also, they're usually getting "bonuses" from event mechanics.

Chris

Potato del Grande
Trial characters are not a good representation of how a character performs realistically though. They purposely crack them out to entice you to spend money/roll for them. Also, they're usually getting "bonuses" from event mechanics.
I did keep that in mind, they were good even before the exploration buffs and the trials of characters I already had were not as good as the ones I had.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Curious as to what everyone uses for build guides, etc. I know there's Prydwen, game8, this spreadsheet I found at some point
, that mobilemeta site, etc. Some advice is the same between them, but other bits seem to diverge a bit between sites. Is there a particular one seen as the go-to or is considered more accurate?

Thinking to future pulls, I've been dumping resources into Blade, since he's the only carry I have the signature cone for (with Yanqing as my second carry), and it looks like Fu Xuan's kit meshes with him pretty well (unless I'm misunderstanding it), so if I grab her I could swap out my fireMC. For a healer, though, I already have Luocha, who's awesome with Blade, but is Lynx's max HP% on her heal a better fit for him? I do have Luocha's E1, which gives an ATK buff on his heal aura, but not sure if that's a bit wasted on Blade since he doesn't scale as well with it.

• 1Like

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Curious as to what everyone uses for build guides, etc. I know there's Prydwen, game8, this spreadsheet I found at some point
, that mobilemeta site, etc. Some advice is the same between them, but other bits seem to diverge a bit between sites. Is there a particular one seen as the go-to or is considered more accurate?

Thinking to future pulls, I've been dumping resources into Blade, since he's the only carry I have the signature cone for (with Yanqing as my second carry), and it looks like Fu Xuan's kit meshes with him pretty well (unless I'm misunderstanding it), so if I grab her I could swap out my fireMC. For a healer, though, I already have Luocha, who's awesome with Blade, but is Lynx's max HP% on her heal a better fit for him? I do have Luocha's E1, which gives an ATK buff on his heal aura, but not sure if that's a bit wasted on Blade since he doesn't scale as well with it.
I usually just use Xlice's builds or at least his "strategies" for building specific chars/classes.

Ended up going hard on Cavern of Corrosion event and redid my Luocha to give him 2pc. Musketeer, 2pc. Passerby, instead of 4pc. Musketeer. I'm still hunting for an Imaginary Damage + Atk% Sphere for him but I got his "auto-heal" to 4.5k, which is pretty goddamn dumb now. His healing is fucking busted.

• 1Like

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Won my 50/50, lost my 75/25. Augh. Was hoping to go back in to try for E1 for that sweet sweet crit, but oof.

Kirun

Buzzfeed Editor
<Gold Donor>
Got Fu Xuan and Lynx on my first 10 pull. Then threw 5 10 pulls at her light cone but ended up with jack shit. Out of jade now :(.

Chimney

Trakanon Raider
Back to back, but used up my 5 star pity. Only 1 quantum in my roster so this will be nice.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230920_153901_HonkaiStarRail.jpg
    Screenshot_20230920_153901_HonkaiStarRail.jpg
    32.1 KB · Views: 9

Staberinde

Trakanon Raider
Won my Fu Xuan 50/50 also. Went straight into a fresh MOC with her and immediately got full 30 stars for the first time! Face rolled everything with dogshit tier artifacts on all my characters.

Mono Quantum (Fu Xuan/Seele/SW/Flex) trivializes everything and gives me the flexibility to field whatever dps i need for the other half. Currently only have Blade/Clara/Welt for dps but my Luocha and E2 Bronya are universally good and hard carry my non quantum teams.

Koushirou

Log Wizard
<Gold Donor>
Haven’t done much with MoC before, but went in and did the first three levels. Below are my two current teams, but I think I could use a third group to make use of fireMC and Luocha, but not sure what to make. I do wish I had a Bronya for Blade, but maybe when I roll around to the 300 spin I can get her and replace Asta, since she’s just there for speedy bits. Not sure if I should swap her for a debuffer of some sort (though SW and Pela are on the mono-ice team already, so not sure who to put in).

I did end up getting Fu Xuan’s LC and am like 30 pity into her banner again. Really hoping I can pull that E1 before it goes away.

IMG_6983.pngIMG_6982.png

Chris

Potato del Grande
Did Swarm 3 with Fu Xuan/Luocha/Seele/Siver Wolf and it was pretty safe, by the end Seele was just spamming turns.

Need to decide if I build QQ or Lynx for Mono Quantum, or just match weakness for the 4th unit. QQ is E6 and I think Fu Xuan can solo sustain so...