Horizon 2: Forbidden West

kinadin

<Gold Donor>
Those just seemed to go with the flow of the story and I didn't feel like it was forced, maybe because the writing in other aspects was decent? Contrast that to FC6, where I literally stopped playing because it was shoved in your face so poorly, like that weird mariachi band in the swamp.

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Actually, the lack of a "male gaze" is fine. That is why the game is so wonderful without being in your face. Aloy is strong, compassionate, independent, and rose from being a figurative and literal "outcast" to hero in a very nice progression in HZD.

This time around, we need to have a multitude of representative ethnic characters (including a redneck, right?), it may be me but the diversity in HFW seems less natural and more forced. I think the strategy of representing/reflecting diversity/ethnicity when you barely notice it (or it seems natural) is more effective than when it feels forced.

• 2Like
Reactions: 1 users

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>
Side quests are shit in this game because of exactly that. It's like they put the main writers on the story and let the purple haired fucktards of the world (Who probably came from Bioware Montreal) write some of the most cringeworthy forced shit stories in side quests.

Complete pandering at this point and everyone knows it too.

• 1Picard
  • 1Like

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
Side quests are shit in this game because of exactly that. It's like they put the main writers on the story and let the purple haired fucktards of the world (Who probably came from Bioware Montreal) write some of the most cringeworthy forced shit stories in side quests.

Complete pandering at this point and everyone knows it too.
It's just confirmation bias. There's 49 side quests and like 5 of them reference teh gays and shit. Granted like 15 more have heavy girlpower bullshit overtones but that's kind of on-brand for the series. The writing is definitely uneven on the side quests and errands, but less so than in the first game.

My main complaint about the side quests is that half of them are the exact same plot: An idiot ran off trying to prove themselves in the eyes of their tribe and got stuck on a mountain/eaten by a bearbot/trapped in a cave.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Like

Crone

Bronze Baronet of the Realm
I think some of you start out liking the game or actually like the whole game, but try so hard to nit-pick and find shit to not like about it so you can post how the game sucks or whatever. Not surprisingly the same people praise Elden Ring like it's the second coming.

• 1Faggotry
  • 1Worf

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
I think some of you start out liking the game or actually like the whole game, but try so hard to nit-pick and find shit to not like about it so you can post how the game sucks or whatever. Not surprisingly the same people praise Elden Ring like it's the second coming.
My only real complaint about the game is the too-easy and anti-climactic ending. If you're going to have a final boss that easy, there should be some Emerald Weapon level post-game shit.

Utnayan

I Love Utnayan he’s awesome
<Gold Donor>

I love the game. But post mortem, the side quests were ass. I need to go back and platinum at some point.

Elden Ring I can think of nothing wrong right now save that retarded Malenia fight. But it's hard to get pissed at Souls games for boss encounters because it's meant to be that way. The whole game is designed for you to get good and piss you off at the same time. In time though, I am sure I will be calling out a few fights where boss ability RNG would dictate if you won or lost as a melee.

Qhue

Trump's Staff
Elden Ring is not the messianic coming that people want it to be. Its more akin to an abusive relationship where it brings you a nice present after it smacks you around the kitchen the previous night.

The 'mini dungeons' in Elden Ring are one step past Lost Dungeons of Norrath in terms of asset repetition and recycled npcs. Having literally everything in the world trying to kill you because 'madness' is also just fucking lazy as shit.

• 5Faggotry
  • 3Picard
  • 1Salty
Reactions: 11 users

Ritley

Karazhan Raider
Elden Ring is not the messianic coming that people want it to be. Its more akin to an abusive relationship where it brings you a nice present after it smacks you around the kitchen the previous night.

The 'mini dungeons' in Elden Ring are one step past Lost Dungeons of Norrath in terms of asset repetition and recycled npcs. Having literally everything in the world trying to kill you because 'madness' is also just fucking lazy as shit.
Lol fgt

• 5Like
  • 2Worf
  • 1Double Worf
Reactions: 7 users

RobXIII

Urinal Cake Consumption King
<Gold Donor>
Playing through this now, and I normally clear the map as I go but after the fifth ? on the map was locked behind a tool I didn't have, I instead find myself rushing through the quests just to get the 3 or 4 tools I need.

Love it so far, but where the fuck did the one-shot deaths come from? I thought I was pretty good with the first one, but this one's much tougher. Sadly, the machines still do that annoying jerky animations when turning or moving, so I find it hard to aim for parts even when using focus. Glad I picked it up though.

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
I’m trying to make my way through this after Elden Ring, and it’s not easy.

I just got yelled at by some faggot in a side quest for using the word “crazy,” because he was apparently called crazy for wearing women’s armor.

If this game didn’t do some things very well (honestly its fantastic in some ways), I’d have dropped it by now. It’s pretty infested with woke garbage. If they continue the series I doubt I’ll follow it.

• 4Like
Reactions: 3 users

lgarthy

<Silver Donator>
Finally finished HFW.

I'm still not certain why they went so PC and diverse. The music , vocal talents, and the graphics on the PS5 were extraordinary. The side quests were a little too similar to each other. The underwater and aerial components were pretty cool; but they (for me, at least) didn't come into play until the latter part of the game; like the last 25% of the game. I don't feel like being a completionist with it (as I was with HZD). It's an extraordinary game but not (for me) as fresh and as fun as the original. I never really found any great weapons or armour. That was a bit of a buzzkill for the last 10% of the game. But I did finish the main story and 56% of the total game. Lastly, I found the fighting mechanics clunkier than HZD as well-- maybe because the skill tree(s) you build create too many combos. So much talent went into this game, I wish they knocked it out of the park...

• 3Solidarity
  • 1Like

Seananigans

Honorary Shit-PhD
<Gold Donor>
Dozens of good and neutral characters - 60%+ brown, tons of women “warriors”
The 4 main bad guys - all white, both males worst guys ever, one chick dies early and one turns good

So fucking tiresome.

• 2Tiresome
  • 1Rustled
  • 1Like

Daidraco

Golden Baronet of the Realm
Dozens of good and neutral characters - 60%+ brown, tons of women “warriors”
The 4 main bad guys - all white, both males worst guys ever, one chick dies early and one turns good

So fucking tiresome.
I ended up never purchasing it because of non-retard created reviews. Its also informative when the people that defended any notion that the game "wasnt" woke, all but evaporated from the thread after its release. I'm content with Horizons 1 and Ill leave that memory untainted.

• 3Like
  • 2Solidarity
Reactions: 4 users

Mist

Eeyore Enthusiast
<Gold Donor>
This game is a lot better than the first one, period. The main villains are so underdeveloped that caring what skin color they are is absolutely ridiculous.

There's a few problems with the game, mainly that it ends rather abruptly and anticlimactically, and some of the less interesting side quests get pretty repetitive, but there's at least 80 hours of A+ game before you get to that point.

• 2Pathetic

Malakriss

Golden Baronet of the Realm
The lore is consistent though, given who created the AI that would rebirth Terrans unto the world and what design decisions they would make. Then the guy who fucked up in the first place also nuked Apollo and stupidity abounded.

Izo

Tranny Chaser
My only real complaint about the game is the too-easy and anti-climactic ending. If you're going to have a final boss that easy, there should be some Emerald Weapon level post-game shit.
Someone wants the D. L. C.